Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, sjg11, condude1, bkbkbk

Re: Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2019, 19:53

nanooktheeskimo wrote: don’t think Kim is scum for separate reasons, so...maybe UFO. Not really sure what to make of his game to be honest. It feels considerably less combative than normal, but maybe that’s just a time constraints thing.

Although, if shadow flips scum I’ll have to re-evaluate, cause then I’d be looking for a busser if anything, not a scum trying to lead a mis-kill.

Yeah, I had flagged UFO on a read of the votes (Kim's vote is also slimly sourced as she makes it, but there has been long discussion since then.) So I am revisiting UFO, and have separate dialog with FS.

Also... I think FS should be more suspicious of me in addition to dwiltse? Like dwiltse is first to Agni, but I'm second and the person making that wagon a valid landing point right now.... So... Shouldn't FS be having a bit of a go at me?
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 14 Jan 2019, 19:55

Zoomzip wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote: don’t think Kim is scum for separate reasons, so...maybe UFO. Not really sure what to make of his game to be honest. It feels considerably less combative than normal, but maybe that’s just a time constraints thing.

Although, if shadow flips scum I’ll have to re-evaluate, cause then I’d be looking for a busser if anything, not a scum trying to lead a mis-kill.

Yeah, I had flagged UFO on a read of the votes (Kim's vote is also slimly sourced as she makes it, but there has been long discussion since then.) So I am revisiting UFO, and have separate dialog with FS.

Also... I think FS should be more suspicious of me in addition to dwiltse? Like dwiltse is first to Agni, but I'm second and the person making that wagon a valid landing point right now.... So... Shouldn't FS be having a bit of a go at me?

Probably, but he’s also absent a lot, so...I’m giving a little leeway until he shows he’s caught up on current affairs.

Or has he done that already? I honestly can barely remember what he’s been posting since early In the game.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1389)

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2019, 19:56

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Not quoting cause phone quoting sucks. Yeah, I was the one making that point on Milo.

So, basically, the best way to read Milo is to force him to engage. You can’t read him purely on activity level, cause he tends towards lurking and active lurking as both alignments. The difference is that when you force him to engage with people, as town it reads as very genuine (not always productive, but genuine), and as scum it typically doesn’t.

So him avoiding the thread isn’t necessarily a scum tell, cause he does lurk a frustrating amount as town too, but the fact that he’s so far avoided engagement even when he has been in thread looks bad to me.

I think I’m more confident in a shadow kill in a vacuum, but...I’m also sympathetic to the semester starting today and being super busy, and there are quite a few players on that wagon so I’m a wee bit nervous of that.

Can you give me the name of the scum game where Milo ran this behavior? I'd like to ISO that game.

Zoomzip
Premium Member

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 14 Jan 2019, 19:58

None on this site, I can pull one up from another later though
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1389)

Postby kimpossible » 14 Jan 2019, 20:00

Okay, so... I'm trying to look back over Shadow. This was how she made her Durga read:

shadowface wrote:Also, I'm a miller. I see Durga is too, and I'm inclined to believe her because her 'reason' is similar to mine: there was a justification for my millerness in my role. I think it would be unlikely for her to lie about that in a way consistent with the flavor I got.

I'm trying for a moment to put myself in the shoes of a Town!Shadow who got a role PM saying something like "You will reveal as scum on IR, because Principal Skinner has connections to the mayor's office." And she sees Durga saying "I am a miller because I'm a snitch." Might she have assumed something like "Durga is Willie the Snitch, and her role says 'You will reveal as scum on IR because you snitch on people and nobody likes you' and she just paraphrased her role PM"?

I don't know, guys. That doesn't seem like as huge a leap as I think some folks are arguing it is.

This is where she states that she has an ability, and that miller is not her role but rather just related to flavor: viewtopic.php?f=306&t=59125&p=970744#p970744

I saw that as a smoking gun when Durga stated she was just a miller, no other role. Apparently nobody else sees it that way.

I don't know. On reread, I feel like the way she's defending that initial read remains consistent. At the same time, she's devoted a lot of her time to arguing over it, which is a great place for scum busywork. At the same time, she's been arguing over it because she's been grilled on making a snap read, something I sure as shit have done plenty of times as town.

Am I out alone on a limb here in thinking maaaaaaybe this whole thing is a giant rabbit hole we've run down the wrong way? I mean, I kinda hate relinquishing the only scumread I've felt even vaguely secure in, but it hasn't been sitting right with me since I went back to scrutinize her opening.
Aspiring Member of the Classicists!
Traumatized by online full-comms, now playing in a gunboats league

Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness

Her?
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby UFO Fever » 14 Jan 2019, 20:10

Zoomzip wrote:
UFO Fever wrote:I said I only wanted to look at the miller claims today, and in light of any other miller claims I'm going to have to go with Shadow as the most likely scum of the two. It seems like she's scum and knows Durga will flip town so she tried to be friendly towards Durga at first in hopes that we wouldn't start by looking only at the millers. But now that we're looking at her she's saying that she thinks Durga is slightly scummy without giving a reason why.

Not for nothing, but Shadow and I have literally never been on the same team in a forum game before, and me being town makes Shadow obviscum.

UFO, is this still your logic holding for your vote?

Yes this still fits. And along with the mechanical posts I've made I think Shadow is our best info lynch today too.
Formerly Napoleon Hitler (but not in a pro-Nazi kind of way)
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
UFO Fever

Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Conq » 14 Jan 2019, 20:11

Zoomzip wrote:Can you give me the name of the scum game where Milo ran this behavior? I'd like to ISO that game.

This is a good question, and says good things about ZZ. For what it's worth, I'm interested in that ISO too.
Conq

Standard rating: 2437
All-game rating: 2557

Postby kimpossible » 14 Jan 2019, 20:12

UpsideDownChuck wrote:I'm torn, I know in the past I've scumread town!you for reading people for things that seemed NAI (thinking specifically condude proposing an anti-town plan in a previous Fable). On the other hand this seems super weird, both in that it's a really uncharacteristically credulous way to read someone, and that I feel like your comment about 'structure and flavor' being similar to yours seems like you were dressing this up to be a more sophisticated thought process than it was.

PPE: Mayor is someone who makes flavour sense as a miller, and who would also make sense as a wolf cover role given that the Mayor installed him as Principle (according to wiki I haven't seen that season of Buffy) and that wolf cover roles are assigned non-randomly. I'm actually slightly inclined to say he's 'too' obvious as a wolf cover role given that sjg promised to be tricky to people who tried to game that.

See, this is also giving me pause. UDC is saying it seems like she was "dressing this up to be a more sophisticated thought process," but like, my impression of Shadow's read there is "snap read so I can try to triage where to put my limited time and attention." It doesn't seem "dressy" enough to be a "dressed up" thought process, if that makes any sense? It's so flip and not explained to death.
Aspiring Member of the Classicists!
Traumatized by online full-comms, now playing in a gunboats league

Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby UFO Fever » 14 Jan 2019, 20:13

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I think I’m more confident in a shadow kill in a vacuum, but...I’m also sympathetic to the semester starting today and being super busy, and there are quite a few players on that wagon so I’m a wee bit nervous of that.

Oooh oooh oooh! Which people on that wagon do you not like??? Let's gossip girlfriend!

I think Kim and UFO are probably the most questionable votes to me? I like the work chuck has done there, and I’m kinda blanking the fourth vote on that wagon. Will have to go check when I’m done writing this.

I don’t think Kim is scum for separate reasons, so...maybe UFO. Not really sure what to make of his game to be honest. It feels considerably less combative than normal, but maybe that’s just a time constraints thing.

Death, taxes, and Nanook scumreading me for...reasons
Formerly Napoleon Hitler (but not in a pro-Nazi kind of way)
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
UFO Fever

Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2019, 20:15

UFO Fever wrote:Death, taxes, and Nanook scumreading me for...reasons

Well, in the last game, it probably helped that he was scum and could time waste scum reading you. Do you wonder if the same is happening here? From your POV, what is the difference?

Zoomzip
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads