Map colors

Suggestions on improving the site or comments in general?

Re: Map colors

Postby Jack007 » 04 Dec 2018, 14:26

I am perfectly fine with how it is. With a minimal amount of attentiveness one can easily get along. Just wondering if I could play blindly. Like many chess players can.
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
Jack007
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1238
All-game rating: 1569
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby JimHacker » 08 Dec 2018, 01:58

According to Richard Sharp's The Game of Diplomacy the UK colors are the same as the American, except that Russia is purple (not white) and England, pink (not dark blue). But of course, that was in the 1970s. The German language version uses the American colors (at least for the pieces), because it's made by Hasbro/Avalon Hill (the big red box version).

No matter; it was just a thought, probably not the most important thing I guess. I think the people who designed this website did a bang-up job of it. Good work guys!
Last edited by JimHacker on 08 Dec 2018, 02:38, edited 2 times in total.
JimHacker

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 971
All-game rating: 975
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby JimHacker » 08 Dec 2018, 02:35

UFOash wrote:Guess that might explain the thing that always irked me in Diplomacy - why Great Britain is referred to as 'England'

Americans, who are notoriously bad at geography, still say "I'm going to England this year", even if they might be trekking through Scotland or Wales in the process. During the Cold War, we would incorrectly refer to the Soviets as "Russians" (even though the USSR included Kazakhs, Ukrainians, Latvians, etc., etc.)
JimHacker

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 971
All-game rating: 975
Timezone: GMT-5

Previous

Return to Suggestions