Diplomacy of Ice & Fire III: Fall 299 AC

7 player Game of Thrones variant introduced to playdip by Presser84, with updated rules from Aeschines. GMed by Aeschines.

Moderator: Morg

Diplomacy of Ice & Fire III: Fall 299 AC

Postby Aeschines » 14 Sep 2018, 14:54

Possible Retreat/Destroy Due ASAP --- Winter 299 AC orders are due September 15 at 9pm Eastern Standard Time!
If AKFD would prefer a destroy to the auto-retreat, they will let me know within 24 hours and I will extend the Winter deadline.

“We're friends, aren't we, My Lord? I'd like to think we are. So you can imagine my burden, wondering if the King might question my friend's sympathies, to stand at a crossroads where turning left means loyalty to a friend, and turning right means loyalty to the realm..."

Ah, the fickle winds of fall! They blow through the crossroads unexpectedly, turning once allies into mortal enemies and once rivals into romantic partners. So has again happened in the Realms.

The Barratheon stags have lost most of their antlers, and as Cersei rages through Storm’s End demanding more wine and more victories, Lord Stannis must wonder whatever possessed him to take a third unstable wife into his bed. Or perhaps four, if one counts the shadows.

And now, joining the Barratheons in singing the songs of swans may be the lions of Lannister. Unkind cuts from many hands assault them. Tywin’s mortgage on Casterly Rock may now be underwater and his golden Lannisport is now overgrown with roses, while Dothraki hordes gallop through the streets of Duskendale and gallop toward the whores of Kings Landing.

The other Houses continue to summon their bannermen and warily circle around one another. The suns and daughters of Dorne slither further north, swallowing Barratheon vassals as they go. They also show signs of a new alliance with the Mother of Dragons. Perhaps a marriage will happen in the spring? Drakes and snakes!

The Tyrells continue to honour their motto, growing strong, though their eastern fields may have run out of fertile ground as they expand in the north. Just remember, Margery, as you shiver in that watery tower in the Iron Isles among people who do not sow, that you can lead a horticulture but you can’t make her drink.

The Greyjoys (what an odd family name! I understand the grey part but where is the joy?) and the Starks continue to prowl. The wolves of the north have conquered their fears and the wildlings, and now own both sides of the Wall, but are other forces that will be harder to tame now awake? With a fleet of squidlings anchored off Walder Frey’s moors and two packs of wolves prowling nearby, will next year see a surplus of sushi in Winterfell or new furs to keep people warmer in Pyke?

I cannot begin to describe the rainbow-colored mess in the Aerie and across the Narrow Sea, with dragons, stone men, eunuchs, unicorns, banner brothers, golden companies, onion knights, and faceless people all vying for the spoils. Suffice to say that Khaleesi has built many fleets and seeks new ports for them all on Westeros, while the Lannisters and Barratheons seek a defensible castle where they can make what might be a last stand. I highly recommend the Aerie, but if the Lady of those lands offers to show you the mountain scenery through the Moon Door, I recommend that you decline the offer.

Lord Petyr Baelish
Winter 300 AC

Diplomacy of Ice & Fire III- Fall 299 AC.png
Diplomacy of Ice & Fire III- Fall 299 AC.png (59.69 KiB) Viewed 124 times

mgacampbell - House Targaryen
the Braavosi Coast to Braavos... succeeded
Disputed lands to Tyrosh... succeeded
Bay of crabs to duskendale... bounced
duskendale to red keep... bounced

"Fire and Blood."

Don Juan of Austria - House Martell
Griffin's Roost supports Dornish Marches to Hold... supported unit succeeded
Dornish Marches supports Griffin's Roost to Hold... supported unit succeeded
Sea of Dorne supports Griffin's Roost to Hold... supported unit succeeded
Stepstones supports the army in Disputed Lands to Tyrosh... supported unit succeeded
Sandstone moves to Starfall... bounced

"Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken."

Woolgie - House Stark
Bay of Seals - Beyond the Wall (ec)... succeeded
Brandon's Gift support Bay of Seals - Beyond the Wall (ec)... supported unit succeeded
The Neck - Kingsroad... succeeded
Moat Cailin - Western Swamps... succeeded

"Winter Is Coming."

Kimbyrle - House Greyjoy
Bear Island Hold... succeeded
The Twins Hold... succeeded
Ironman's Bay convoy Harlaw to Casterly Rock... convoy succeeded
Harlaw to Casterly Rock... succeeded

"We Do Not Sow."

AKFD - House Lannister
A Stoney Sept MOVE Riverrun... succeeded
A Westerlands MOVE Lannisport... bounced
A Gulltown MOVE The Eyrie... succeeded
A Crownlands MOVE Harrenhal... succeeded
F Gulltown MOVE The Eyrie (duplicate order, but umambiguous, does not affect other orders)
GM: no order issued for F Lannisport, holds... dislodged autoretreated to Golden Sea

"Hear Me Roar!"

Pootleflump - House Baratheon
A Stormlands move RK... bounced
A Storms End move Kingswood... succeeded
F Southern Narrow Seas move Pentos... succeeded

"Ours Is the Fury."

NoPunin10did - House Tyrell
Searoad - Lannisport... succeeded
SSS S Searoad - Lannisport... supported unit succeeded
Reach - Westerlands... bounced
Highgarden - Stormlands... bounced
Starfall - Sandstone... bounced

"Growing Strong."

Winter Unit & SC Count
NoPunin10did - House Tyrell... 5 Units, 6 SCs (1 builds)
Kimbyrle - House Greyjoy... 4 Units, 6 SCs (2 builds)
mgacampbell - House Targaryen... 4 Units, 6 SCs (2 builds)
Don Juan of Austria - House Martell... 5 Units, 6 SCs (1 builds)
AKFD - House Lannister... 5 Units, 4 SCs (1 destroys*)
Woolgie - House Stark... 4 Units, 5 SCs (1 builds)
Pootleflump - House Baratheon... 3 Units, 2 SCs (1 destroy)
Last edited by Aeschines on 16 Sep 2018, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1355
All-game rating: 1608
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Diplomacy of Ice & Fire III: Fall 299 AC

Postby AKFD » 14 Sep 2018, 14:56

Oh. Ouch.

DESTROY F Lannisport (Original Position)

Have a nice day.
Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.
AKFD
Premium Member

Location: Metro Manila, Philippines (Any Filipinos out there?)
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 863
All-game rating: 836
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby StarkAdder » 14 Sep 2018, 15:57

“We're friends, aren't we, My Lord? I'd like to think we are. So you can imagine my burden, wondering if the King might question my friend's sympathies, to stand at a crossroads where turning left means loyalty to a friend, and turning right means loyalty to the realm..."

Ah, the fickle winds of fall! They blow through the crossroads unexpectedly, turning once allies into mortal enemies and once rivals into romantic partners. So has again happened in the Realms.

The Barratheon stags have lost most of their antlers, and as Cersei rages through Storm’s End demanding more wine and more victories, Lord Stannis must wonder whatever possessed him to take a third unstable wife into his bed. Or perhaps four, if one counts the shadows.

And now, joining the Barratheons in singing the songs of swans may be the lions of Lannister. Unkind cuts from many hands assault them. Tywin’s mortgage on Casterly Rock may now be underwater and his golden Lannisport is now overgrown with roses, while Dothraki hordes gallop through the streets of Duskendale and gallop toward the whores of Kings Landing.

The other Houses continue to summon their bannermen and warily circle around one another. The suns and daughters of Dorne slither further north, swallowing Barratheon vassals as they go. They also show signs of a new alliance with the Mother of Dragons. Perhaps a marriage will happen in the spring? Drakes and snakes!

The Tyrells continue to honour their motto, growing strong, though their eastern fields may have run out of fertile ground as they expand in the north. Just remember, Margery, as you shiver in that watery tower in the Iron Isles among people who do not sow, that you can lead a horticulture but you can’t make her drink.

The Greyjoys (what an odd family name! I understand the grey part but where is the joy?) and the Starks continue to prowl. The wolves of the north have conquered their fears and the wildlings, and now own both sides of the Wall, but are other forces that will be harder to tame now awake? With a fleet of squidlings anchored off Walder Frey’s moors and two packs of wolves prowling nearby, will next year see a surplus of sushi in Winterfell or new furs to keep people warmer in Pyke?

I cannot begin to describe the rainbow-colored mess in the Aerie and across the Narrow Sea, with dragons, stone men, eunuchs, unicorns, banner brothers, golden companies, onion knights, and faceless people all vying for the spoils. Suffice to say that Khaleesi has built many fleets and seeks new ports for them all on Westeros, while the Lannisters and Barratheons seek a defensible castle where they can make what might be a last stand. I highly recommend the Aerie, but if the Lady of those lands offers to show you the mountain scenery through the Moon Door, I recommend that you decline the offer.

Lord Petyr Baelish
Winter 300 AC
StarkAdder
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1211
All-game rating: 1102

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 14 Sep 2018, 18:26

StarkAdder wrote:The Tyrells continue to honour their motto, growing strong, though their eastern fields may have run out of fertile ground as they expand in the north. Just remember, Margery, as you shiver in that watery tower in the Iron Isles among people who do not sow, that you can lead a horticulture but you can’t make her drink.

I appreciate this pun.

(Also Baratheon is spelled with just one "r".)
NoPunIn10Did
Moderator (Forums only)

Variant GM, Designer & Collaborator
NoPunIn10Did

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 1401
Timezone: GMT

Postby StarkAdder » 14 Sep 2018, 18:36

Sorry about the spelling. I guess the Baratheons lost one of their Rs last season and don't have a chance to build another one now. Of course, one might say that, in this game, they are getting their Rs handed to them!
StarkAdder
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1211
All-game rating: 1102

Return to Diplomacy of Ice & Fire III