Wrong password?

Advertise new games, look for games to join, find subs or replacements.

Moderator: Petunia

Forum rules
To join a game listed here (unless it needs a password) just go to "Join Games" and input the information.
If you are advertising any game with Anonymous Players (including Gunboat and PPO) you should use the Dolph Shtoss account using the password anonymous. DO NOT CHANGE THIS PASSWORD.
When advertising for replacement players please make it clear whether permanent replacement or temporary substitute
- adverts should not tell a substitute what actions you want them to take (posts will be subject to editing);
- adverts MUST NOT offer an incentive to join the game (eg. a specific alliance) OR suggest certain actions when joining a game (posts will be subject to editing or removal and posters warned).
These are considered meta-gaming by using the Forum to influence a game.

Wrong password?

Postby ThinEdge » 11 Aug 2018, 03:25

I have been trying to join games but now all of them require a password. I enter my account password and it ALWAYS says wrong password.
I entered the right password, as i log out and log back in, and no problems.
But every time i try and join a game, "Wrong password! Please try again!"
I have joined 3 games so far...no problems...but i can no longer seem to be able to join any new ones.
This makes me sad, as i was about to join as a Premium member... :(

What am i missing?
ThinEdge

Re: Wrong password?

Postby Aurelia1 » 11 Aug 2018, 03:39

Hi ThinEdge!!!
People make password-protected games so that only people they tell the password to can join (for example, friends or Classicists) so when I’m looking for new games I usually just filter out the ones with passwords, along with protected games because the suck, and ambassador games because I can’t join those either.
You’re a great ally by the way. :)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light.” -Albus Dumbledore
“There’s a million things I haven’t done. Just you wait, just you wait.”-Hamilton
Aurelia1
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 1000
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby super_dipsy » 11 Aug 2018, 07:52

Yeah, just to be clear, the password it asks you for when you join a game with a password is not your own login password. It is the password set by the game creator when they create the game.
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (956)
Timezone: GMT

Postby ThinEdge » 11 Aug 2018, 20:24

Well, i have tried MY password and an anonymous one i found in the forms.

I just checked, but i see not obvious password for the game itself...and i did not need one before...for non-anonymous games, at least.
ThinEdge

Postby Aurelia1 » 11 Aug 2018, 20:33

ThinEdge wrote:Well, i have tried MY password and an anonymous one i found in the forms.

I just checked, but i see not obvious password for the game itself...and i did not need one before...for non-anonymous games, at least.

Games with passwords are meant so that only people who know the password can join. There are a bunch of non-password games. Maybe the reason you only see passworded games is because the most recently made ones are passworded. Here’s how you filter them out:
Attachments
CE6FF24F-0552-4968-83C2-CA2574A470BF.jpeg
CE6FF24F-0552-4968-83C2-CA2574A470BF.jpeg (151.1 KiB) Viewed 97 times
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light.” -Albus Dumbledore
“There’s a million things I haven’t done. Just you wait, just you wait.”-Hamilton
Aurelia1
Premium Member

Postby ThinEdge » 11 Aug 2018, 23:26

I don't seem to have that option...this is my "selection" screen
Attachments
GameOptions.png
GameOptions.png (280.24 KiB) Viewed 86 times
ThinEdge

Postby ThinEdge » 11 Aug 2018, 23:42

Not necessarily needed, but i do appreciate all who are helping. It is appreciated...and i think i found ONE game that does not have the Password issue...

But i still would like to join them and do not understand "WHAT" password i need...or why...or what is the question that is answered by "42"
ThinEdge

Postby Aurelia1 » 12 Aug 2018, 00:29

ThinEdge wrote:Not necessarily needed, but i do appreciate all who are helping. It is appreciated...and i think i found ONE game that does not have the Password issue...

But i still would like to join them and do not understand "WHAT" password i need...or why...or what is the question that is answered by "42"

The answer to the last one is the meaning of life.

You can’t join them, because they’re private games. I have no clue what the passwords are because I didn’t make them. Just filter them out, it’ll make life easier.
Aurelia1
Premium Member

Postby Aurelia1 » 12 Aug 2018, 01:54

ThinEdge wrote:I don't seem to have that option...this is my "selection" screen

I’m on a phone, so I think that’s why it’s different. I think the “exclude games with password” option is above where you cut it off.
Aurelia1
Premium Member

Postby UFO Fever » 12 Aug 2018, 05:31

ThinEdge wrote:I don't seem to have that option...this is my "selection" screen

In the "Game Status" category, the bottom one says "Exclude Games needing a password." Click that.
Formerly Napoleon Hitler (but not in a pro-Nazi kind of way).
Mafia record: 4-0*
Town record: 2-0* (substitute once)
Scum record: 2-0* (disputed, partial win)
Silver Classicist.
UFO Fever

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1195
All-game rating: 1196

Next

Return to Find A Game