orders solver

Suggestions on improving the site or comments in general?

orders solver

Postby NJLonghorn » 01 Aug 2018, 19:05

The Orders Solver is very useful. I especially like the feature that lets you pre-populate the existing units from a game.

That said, it is still pretty tedious to input all of the hypothetical moves, and the textual results are harder to interpret than a map would be. I'd love to be able to open a new window with all existing units placed onto the map, and be able to control all units instead of just my own. The order graphics would show on the screen, and then I could then hit "test" and see what the map would look like if those moves were finalized.

As one who has never programmed anything more complicated than a prime-number generator, I'm not qualified to say how hard it would be to pull this off. However, it seems to me that most of the sub-routines already exist -- it's just a matter of hooking them together in the right order. Or something like that.

Jeffrey
Classicists, Aspiring Bronze Silver Gold Bronze Member
I have never surrendered and never NMR'd, and hope to keep that alive. Never mind, the perfect run has come to an end. Dammit, DAMMIT, DAMMIT.
NJLonghorn
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1168
All-game rating: 1501
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: orders solver

Postby VisaForAnfisa » 06 Aug 2018, 07:23

Not sure if this helpful, but I enjoy using Stabbeurfou's resolver for each round. I find it faster to write the orders instead of selecting dropdowns. Plus, I practice the notation.
VisaForAnfisa
Premium Member

Return to Suggestions