Issues with newlook pages

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Re: Issues with newlook pages

Postby super_dipsy » 13 Jul 2018, 19:45

Ah, I think I am getting it. Apparently Chrome messes about with Window scaling depending on whether you are on your screen resolution. I suspect you are either using a really high resolution one, or a really low one (don't know which way around makes things toosmall as opposed to too large). I suspect it is because I switched the box size to a % of the window rather than a fixed width.

I think perhaps tomorrow I will back out the PP changes. I may need to find a different way to do it.
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (956)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Fatmo » 13 Jul 2018, 21:19

super_dipsy wrote:Fatmo, just saw your post. Order Arrows and Manual Orders don't work for Retro. Retro is dead ended, we don't put new functions on it I'm afraid.

That was kind of what I guessed. Good for you it's not actually a problem you have to deal with.

I do love the arrows so perhaps this is my last retro game.
When you owe nine dollars to your bank, you have a little problem. When you owe 90,000 dollars to your bank, your bank has a big problem.
Fatmo

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 13 Jul 2018, 21:43

super_dipsy wrote:Hold on Nanook. Do you get that problem on the normal game? That was what I was trying. Were you trying to open PP in the Retro game?

That was my first thought, but I have the same thing happen to me on the new map.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of Sengoku, Heptarchy 14.

NorthEast

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo

Standard rating: 1225
All-game rating: 1407
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby ColonelApricot » 15 Jul 2018, 04:30

super_dipsy wrote:I think perhaps tomorrow I will back out the PP changes. I may need to find a different way to do it.

Eliminate the PP option.
Instead do:
Add new message channel Public Press.
Add an option to inbox "All received messages".
Add a toggle option "Display/ Not display message content".
Add an option on Compose Message: anon checkbox (only available for PP messages).

To see PP as you do now select the first 3 options.

To send a PP message, compose as you currently compose normal messages, selecting PP as the destination and ticking the Anon tickbox or not.

Benefits:
One less UI to manage across the various platform combos.
Ability to display all incoming messages that is currently lacking.
Ability to search for text strings in expanded message content.
Ability to filter PP messages that is currently lacking.

..CA
GRU of the Despicables in TTT
ColonelApricot
Premium Member

Standard rating: 979
All-game rating: 1405

Postby super_dipsy » 15 Jul 2018, 06:45

I believe Ihave sorted at least the reported PP problens, so Ihave kept the changes in.

ColonelApricot wrote:Eliminate the PP option.

I see where you are coming from CA. Make the PP just another message folder. But the problem is that then you lose the overall flow of the PP which I think would be a shame. Basically if we made the PP just another message folder, instead of seeing all the PP as one long visual stream, you would be viewing each post one at a time. It would lose all continuity in my opinion.
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ColonelApricot » 15 Jul 2018, 09:12

I guess you missed

This feature also makes the "flow" view available in non-PP threads.

And adds the ability to filter PP by sender which would be SO useful in PPO games.
ColonelApricot
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 15 Jul 2018, 09:33

ColonelApricot wrote:I guess you missed

Frankly I confess I didn't understand it :) . I'm still not sure I do. I think you are saying that you have three buttons or checkboxes or something, and if you select all three you see not a list of messages but a list of message content all melded together. I sort of get it, but that sounds much more complicated than clicking once as you do today to see the PP. But it is certainly something that could be considered as a future Suggestion.
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ColonelApricot » 15 Jul 2018, 23:18

You would access PP from the Messages interface by selecting a new inbox channel called PP. This would open up the familiar list of messages headers just like the country-based list does, allowing you to see which messages are unread and to select any individual message to see the content.

Ticking a "display message content" expands the list to show interleaved messages contents just like the current PP. This would be a new function for the messages interface but everything else should already be there. And it would be useful for the normal country message lists as well.

You would not need special PP email notifications any more as these would be handled the same way as the current message notifications.

Thanks for considering this for a future enhancement.
ColonelApricot
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Bugs