Issues with newlook pages

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Issues with newlook pages

Postby super_dipsy » 13 Jul 2018, 10:33

I thought it would be useful to keep a thread for people experiencing issues with the new site changes to help things for mobile users made July 12th.

Things will probably change over the next week or so as I tweak what we have to resolve issues.

PLEASE MAKE SUIRE YOU SPECIFY YOUR BROWSER AND DEVICE or OS (eg Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows, Mac, stone tablet etc). Screenshots also help!

So far, there are a number of things people have mentioned. I will try to keep this list as a master list as others get raised.

1. PP not wrapping / horizontal scroll bars (Safari iOS)
I think this is a Safari iOS issue, and I think I have found a workaround. Hoping to try it today.

2. PP box gigantic on desktop and does not drag to make it smaller (unknown browser)
Affecting at least one user. Box drags smaller and larger fine on FF Windows, and words wrap as the window gets smaller all fine. Still investigating.

3. PP box miniscule on desktop (unknown browser)
At least one user has reported this, although more have commented the PP window is now huge

4. Message window on phones is scrunching up the date/time into multiple lines
I have gone back to the old page size while we make some changes to bring the date/time under the message title or something
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (956)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Issues with newlook pages

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 13 Jul 2018, 10:50

I’m the minuscule on PC browser reporter. The pop up is normal size, the box with words in it is tiny. I’ll attach a screenshot when I can. The browser is Chrome, running on a win10 machine.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of Sengoku, Heptarchy 14.

NorthEast

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1225
All-game rating: 1407
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby super_dipsy » 13 Jul 2018, 14:30

nanooktheeskimo wrote:I’m the minuscule on PC browser reporter. The pop up is normal size, the box with words in it is tiny. I’ll attach a screenshot when I can. The browser is Chrome, running on a win10 machine.

This is odd. I just tried Chrome on Windows 10 (logged in as youj) and my PP window is 50% of the main page and 100% of the height which is what it should b on the desktop.

Oh wait. I wonder. Nanook, I don't know what size you have your browser window on Windows Chrome on your desktop, but is the PP half the width and about the same height of whatever window you have for the game? If you have a small game window, that would obviously be even smaller...
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby super_dipsy » 13 Jul 2018, 14:32

It may be we should go back to the old PP window. I think I have a fix for the Safari issue, but there are obviously other funnies although I cannot understand the desktop one.
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 13 Jul 2018, 14:40

super_dipsy wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I’m the minuscule on PC browser reporter. The pop up is normal size, the box with words in it is tiny. I’ll attach a screenshot when I can. The browser is Chrome, running on a win10 machine.

This is odd. I just tried Chrome on Windows 10 (logged in as youj) and my PP window is 50% of the main page and 100% of the height which is what it should b on the desktop.

Oh wait. I wonder. Nanook, I don't know what size you have your browser window on Windows Chrome on your desktop, but is the PP half the width and about the same height of whatever window you have for the game? If you have a small game window, that would obviously be even smaller...

The PP window is the right size--it's the word box that's the issue. I attached a screenshot so it's easier to see what I'm talking about (sorry for the size).

Public_Press_Is_Weird.GIF
Public_Press_Is_Weird.GIF (591.15 KiB) Viewed 230 times
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of Sengoku, Heptarchy 14.

NorthEast

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo

Standard rating: 1225
All-game rating: 1407
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby super_dipsy » 13 Jul 2018, 19:26

Golly! That's a weird one. I really don't understand that. Did you say it was Windows 10? Oh hang on, I was using Windows 7. I'll download Chrome for W10 and see if I can reproduce.
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fatmo » 13 Jul 2018, 19:30

It's been forever since I've played on the retro map. Probably not since the order arrows toggle thing.

I do notice that there's no option to show the order arrows in the game I'm playing now. Not sure if maybe it's only for other more commonly used maps, but thought I'd mention it in case that's a problem.

I'm using an older version of Firefox on an older Mac laptop.
When you owe nine dollars to your bank, you have a little problem. When you owe 90,000 dollars to your bank, your bank has a big problem.
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby super_dipsy » 13 Jul 2018, 19:33

Huh. That was a bust. I see the full size box on Chrome on Windows 10. I better start googling. I don't suppose you know how to use Chrome developer tools if they have any? I only know FF ones. You might find that if you right click on the text box on the PP page and then choose Inspect Element or something like that it will show you the details of that area. I would be interested to know what size the box is. But I don't even know if Chrome has such tools I'm afraid.

Fatmo, just saw your post. Order Arrows and Manual Orders don't work for Retro. Retro is dead ended, we don't put new functions on it I'm afraid.
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby super_dipsy » 13 Jul 2018, 19:34

Hold on Nanook. Do you get that problem on the normal game? That was what I was trying. Were you trying to open PP in the Retro game?
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby super_dipsy » 13 Jul 2018, 19:37

Nope, that's not it. Works fine for me on Chrome W10 for the retro game too. Darn it.
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Bugs