Can't build armies on owned territories

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Can't build armies on owned territories

Postby borkborkbork » 14 Jun 2018, 16:25

Hello,

I'm currently hitting what I think is a bug when trying to complete two builds. I'm trying to place a German army in Belgium and an English army in Denmark but the selections won't take. Both countries are owned by respective nations and I'm below the supply count. I also noticed the orders list doesn't update correctly. See images below:

Before builds selected
https://imgur.com/a/3qMhRJU

After builds selected
https://imgur.com/a/GpDYV9k

Am I missing something?
borkborkbork

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Can't build armies on owned territories

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 14 Jun 2018, 16:37

Unless the variant is "Build Anywhere", you can only build in your home centers.

Meaning England needs to put its unit in London, Liverpool, or Edinburgh.

Germany needs to put its unit in Munich, Berlin, or Kiel.
NoPunIn10Did
Moderator (Forums only)

Variant GM, Designer & Collaborator
NoPunIn10Did

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 1358
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kaptkidd6 » 14 Jun 2018, 16:40

The rules allow you only to build in your home supply centers. For England that is Edinburg, London, and Liverpool; for Germany you can use Kiel, Berlin, or Munich. This makes the homeland centers more valuable to defend, and requires more strategic thinking to optimize access routes and support schemes to project power.

There are game variants which allow building in foriegn supply centers, look them up if you are interested.
kaptkidd6

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1101
All-game rating: 1116

Postby borkborkbork » 14 Jun 2018, 16:42

Argh. Sorry for misreading that rule. Thanks for the prompt responses.
borkborkbork

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Return to Bugs