Supporting(Ukraine) from Galicia to Warsaw

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Supporting(Ukraine) from Galicia to Warsaw

Postby DoubtingThomas » 13 Jun 2018, 02:34

Hey all,

In 145365. The Humble Rumble, I was trying to support my A(Ukraine) for my A(Galicia) to Warsaw

After clicking the support button on the Army in Ukraine,

I tried clicking the actual army in Galicia AND the Warsaw destination, both of which led to the command "Ukraine SUPPORT Galicia to hold".

Thinking that because Galician Army is moving to Warsaw, I thought that maybe it was just a typo.

Unfortunately, my action order command did not implement, and I am greatly confused to whether this is a bug or if there is some specific way to supporting an advancing troop?

Although I don't have too many experiences, I did not have this issue before, so I am not sure what I should have done differently if this is not a bug?

Is it possible to look into this matter, or is it not possible because the order has already been processed?

Thank you
DoubtingThomas

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (954)
All-game rating: (956)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Supporting(Ukraine) from Galicia to Warsaw

Postby Damon Huntington » 13 Jun 2018, 03:03

DoubtingThomas wrote:Hey all,

In 145365. The Humble Rumble, I was trying to support my A(Ukraine) for my A(Galicia) to Warsaw

After clicking the support button on the Army in Ukraine,

I tried clicking the actual army in Galicia AND the Warsaw destination, both of which led to the command "Ukraine SUPPORT Galicia to hold".

Thinking that because Galician Army is moving to Warsaw, I thought that maybe it was just a typo.

Unfortunately, my action order command did not implement, and I am greatly confused to whether this is a bug or if there is some specific way to supporting an advancing troop?

Although I don't have too many experiences, I did not have this issue before, so I am not sure what I should have done differently if this is not a bug?

Is it possible to look into this matter, or is it not possible because the order has already been processed?

Thank you

Pressing Galicia then Warsaw is indeed the right way to do it. What probably happened, however, was that you double-clicked Galicia, which is interpreted by the system as Galicia-Galicia (which is the same as Galicia HOLDS).
Damon Huntington
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1348
All-game rating: 1357
Timezone: GMT-3

Re: Supporting(Ukraine) from Galicia to Warsaw

Postby super_dipsy » 13 Jun 2018, 08:23

Yes, it must have been a misclick I'm afraid. You were doing it right, although for future reference you should click the territory, not the unit. On some maps, territories are quite small and a unit may actually have part of it outside the territory. The game only cares about the TERRITORY not the unit. So rather than 'click army in Galicia', you want to 'click Galicia'.

A couple of other tups. If you follow the bottom left of the map there is a message as you order. It will tell you what you are supporting and to where. Also, clicking your Orders tab will show you what you have actually ordered. Or toggle the order arrows on at the bottom of the map to see your orders visually.

As for your game, sorry but we can't wind it back :( . Hopefully you wont have this problem again though!
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (956)
Timezone: GMT

Return to Bugs