Technologies and Projects (CYOC)

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: Zander, chrisman39, mat.gopack

Re: Technologies and Projects (CYOC)

Postby mat.gopack » 17 Dec 2019, 16:54

Done:

Scylla
Project Scylla is an update to our underwater missiles and torpedos - both focused on use versus ships and subs. Variants will be expanded for late stage splitter, as well as increasing speed, range, and EW.

Plasma Shaping
A more theoretical project, this one will be exploring other ways of shaping and controlling plasma. This has possible applications with our many variants of shield generators, our plasma warheads, and our plasma droids.

Guevara Passive Armor - Helmet and Shielding Upgrade
Integrating a pair of major improvements to our Guevara passive armor - adding in better plasma shielding, particularly in the use of plasma skin generators, as well as major improvements to the integrated helmets.

Field Artillery Update
An improvement to our field artillery - both railgun and coilguns - in accuracy, range, and integration of EW shells/missile warhead variants into shells

Ston Improvements
A subproject of Project Jericho, Ston had focused on penetration of plasma, energy, and magnetic shielding in our missiles. This will focus on improvements to this subproject in these fields.

Ongoing:

New:

Plasma Sculpting - 15 years (Jan 16)
Building off of our earlier Plasma Shaping, this project is going to incorporate the more theoretical improvements into our plasma droids - increasing the efficiency of the design profile for plasma, making it easier for them to self-repair, and increasing the range of their attacks.

Bombard - 20 years (Jan 26)
The next in our missile improvements, Bombard will focus on the penetration capability of our missiles against armor and hardened targets.

Phantom - 20 years (Jan 26)
Another missile improvement project, Phantom will focus on the approach phase - increasing the EW of both our base designs and more specialized variants, aiming to make it harder to detect and pinpoint missile locations, false positives, and a host of other improvements to render initial interception more difficult.

Banshee (W) - 20 years (Jan 26)
The final in this suite of missile improvements, Project Banshee (W) will consist of two parts. The first is improvements to our current final approach missile EW - which kicks in when approaching the inner defenses of our targets. The second is adding a new EW warhead to our arsenal - the Banshee warhead, based off of the ancient Mattopian Banshee EW ships.

Grav-gun 2.0 - 15 years (Jan 16)
This is a complete redesign and overhaul of our grav-guns - infantry coilguns - to provide more penetrating power, rate of fire, and specialized rounds, to make the weapons more impactful in combat. Variations for use by Guevara suits will receive particular attention, as well as smaller designs requested by some other IWA member states for militia/partisan usage.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby beadsman » 03 Jan 2020, 05:17

By the way, I finished those automated maintenance robots.

I'm adding a new project that will finish the same time as the Nebula-class starship. That's IRL 15 Jan 2020.

New Projects:
Antigravity architecture - Architecture using El-0 technology that is meant to increase the efficiency of space and allow for more innovative designs. This is primarily intended for use on planets. Basically, the idea is to allow for clever use of space in a truly 3-dimensional environment to allow for more compact housing and work environments that are still comfortably spacious. I anticipate a lot of spherical, boxy, or elegantly curved modernist designs. The research is meant primarily to fully marry anti gravity tech with architecture and make it efficient enough to be accessible.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)

Postby RedSun » 12 Jan 2020, 14:09

RedSun wrote:HFPE:

Conversion: Mind manipulation program that changes the religious beliefs of the population.

Angel Wings: Genetic Enhancement that allows for angel wings to spout from the backs of anyone with the ability to fly.

5 years left of Angel Wings/Conversion

New Projects:

Hologram: Creates an effective and realistic hologram for any purposes necessary.
20 years

Project Aesir: Researching Air Manipulation techniques more element based through the use of nanobot technology.
This will allow our citizens to open voids, utilize lightning to their advantage, and manipulate the air/wind as an element.
The ability to use smoke or freeze things is a technique that those who work hard on the above skills would be able to also garner.
50 years

Project Akiyama: Researching ways to give our population the following capability:
The ability to move particles around people as to suffocate them, propel them into the air, freeze them in place, effectively controlling their bodies. They will be able to manipulate the minds of the subjects they focus on by altering their memories.
50 years
Last edited by RedSun on 14 Jan 2020, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby beadsman » 12 Jan 2020, 17:45

Honestly, where you are right now, most of those sound like 80-100 year projects, to be honest. You might get away with having it less, but telekinesis is very rare in the current world. It's there, but it's very uncommon, even among the most technologically advanced and powerful nations out there. At least, that's my understanding.

If you make it take only a few years (like 20 or 30), I suspect most judges will consider it to be really garbage tech, extremely rare, and very weak. I could be wrong, but it's my 2 cents.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley

beadsman

Postby beadsman » 12 Jan 2020, 17:47

To clarify, I'm not talking about hologram. That actually looks fine to me, and a cool idea.

beadsman

Postby Subotai45 » 13 Jan 2020, 00:11

beadsman wrote:Honestly, where you are right now, most of those sound like 80-100 year projects, to be honest. You might get away with having it less, but telekinesis is very rare in the current world. It's there, but it's very uncommon, even among the most technologically advanced and powerful nations out there. At least, that's my understanding.

If you make it take only a few years (like 20 or 30), I suspect most judges will consider it to be really garbage tech, extremely rare, and very weak. I could be wrong, but it's my 2 cents.

I don't think anyone has telekinesis like that. Denis of Aresia was the only one who had anything roughly comparable, and I think that was with nanobots. You're gonna need to give some explanation for this tech - nanobots would probably work - because in its current usage, it seems very much on the magical-mystical side of things rather than science fiction, especially for something that seems this OP. Memory-altering mind control with no equipment is pretty OP, especially as if in Aesir, it's supposed to be for all citizens.

I don't know what you mean by void, but if it's a black hole, probably not super safe.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby RedSun » 14 Jan 2020, 18:27

I’ll increase Aesir to fifty years. But I actually do have quite a bit of biotech at this point. I’m not new to it any more. I’ll use nanobots for the science explanation. Also I just want the capability to give it to all citizens. Likely with the current regime it’s only going to be close regime supporters and top military groups that have it. If I roll it out to the population it’ll be through a Declaration and will likely take a little time to give to everyone.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Subotai45 » 14 Jan 2020, 19:00

The issue isn't that you don't have the biotech experience, it's that this isn't biotech, it's straight-up magic, and if you want to turn every person in the country into wizards it takes a bit of explanation and a lot of time.
Subotai45

Postby mat.gopack » 14 Jan 2020, 21:44

Subotai45 wrote:The issue isn't that you don't have the biotech experience, it's that this isn't biotech, it's straight-up magic, and if you want to turn every person in the country into wizards it takes a bit of explanation and a lot of time.

This is where the nanobot explanation works well - because you can cover your territory with these nanobots that you can use to explain how your people control and generate their power.

It's the road Dennis took, IIRC.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Postby Subotai45 » 14 Jan 2020, 23:09

Yep, and it has the effect of grounding it and science and balancing it too. Inside your turf, you're powerful because you have the nanobots, but it's less effective on the offense, and people can develop countermeasures more easily.
Subotai45

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country