RP Queue

Forum game hosted by Flatley

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: RP Queue

Postby MinnesotanKaiser » 03 Oct 2018, 20:01

I'll send three high performing Cadets from a state school in West Africa.
"Living by faith includes the call to something greater than cowardly self preservation."
MinnesotanKaiser

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (945)
All-game rating: (947)
Timezone: GMT

Postby musashisamurai » 03 Oct 2018, 20:29

A Praetorian's bastard (father is unknown, but rumored to be Revanchist, of the anarchist variety) and a child of political dissidents sent to a terrarium in another system.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kingpie3 » 03 Oct 2018, 21:16

I'll send in a genius warrior-priestess from a new Janisist order and prospective merc forced into the Administrative Guild by his mom. Might make one more though.
The Techabaun Federation in CYOC

Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Postby kingpie3 » 06 Oct 2018, 18:16

Adding one more guy: nomadic brawler seeking enlightenment in the secretive Consortium capital "The Luminescent".
The Techabaun Federation in CYOC

Unless both sides win, no agreement can be permanent.
- Jimmy Carter
kingpie3

Postby RedSun » 27 Nov 2018, 19:01

I have an idea for something… put it down as “the Accident”.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Subotai45 » 15 Feb 2019, 02:20

It's tense af in discord and on the forum a little bit too so maybe we take a nice, relaxing pause on the geopolitics, and do something a little smaller-scale. I know we have "Merry Mercenary Massacre", if Kingpie ever finishes judging shit (lol), and Red's mysteriously-labeled "Accident" is still in the queue. If anyone else has an idea for a nice, fun bit of rp to get us less pissy all the time, feel free to toss it below!

I do have two suggestions for anyone thinking something up:
1. People generally only care when they get to RP their citizens/a flavor pop they have. If you want to have a noble RP, make sure the international nobility is invited!
2. Try to steer clear of ideologically-tense RPs that will get us intensely fighting on the same stuff as usual in the same configurations. Eg, maybe don't have a "commies and capitalists get into a bar fight"

Good examples of the kinds of themes that I think might work in the current climate are Fafnir, [url=https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=57095[url]Honolulu[/url]][/url] and earlier, non-commie academies and the spinoffs.

If there isn't time (esp with the proposed Mars Moshpit) I get it, just thought I'd toss the idea out.
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby jpstreetman » 15 Feb 2019, 02:28

Idea, y'all are mercenaries hired by Coalition Guerrillas in the mountains of northern Greece resisting my elite jump troopers. I'll run the jump troopers and judge your actions. How about that?
Might be less tense to force you to work together.
jpstreetman

Postby Subotai45 » 15 Feb 2019, 02:35

I mean, I'm up for it but I'm also incredibly unpicky. I do think cooperative (small c not talking bout u cons ;) ) rather than competitive scenarios are a good idea though!

Especially if you find a way for it to be more story-focused than running a massive military campaign I think it could be a cool idea. Maybe we're each just one mercenary, for a total of six (a squad-sized element) going for a specific goal? I dunno. Your RP!
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby Zander » 15 Feb 2019, 04:26

I'd be up for it.
Zander

Postby jpstreetman » 15 Feb 2019, 05:07

I run dnd, you want a cooperative story focused RP, you can have one. I am in my zone with that.
jpstreetman

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country