SA Title

Miscellaneous information about using the site.

SA Title

Postby Aurelin » 19 Sep 2018, 15:55

I have a few questions about the Star Ambassador title.
1) I read that the messages are counted by Spring/Fall and not Orders/Builds/Retreats, but messages sent during those periods still count, right?
2) I know it's 10 ranked games. Do the messages count for only ranked games as well? I'm guessing Friends and Schools games don't count, but what about norank?
3) If you're eliminated, do your messages still count?

Thanks!
Silver Classicist
User avatar
Aurelin
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 14 Jul 2018, 02:01
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1016)
All-game rating: (985)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: SA Title

Postby super_dipsy » 19 Sep 2018, 16:43

Aurelia1 wrote:I have a few questions about the Star Ambassador title.
1) I read that the messages are counted by Spring/Fall and not Orders/Builds/Retreats, but messages sent during those periods still count, right?
2) I know it's 10 ranked games. Do the messages count for only ranked games as well? I'm guessing Friends and Schools games don't count, but what about norank?
3) If you're eliminated, do your messages still count?

Thanks!

1) yes
2) only messages in ranked games count
3) yes
User avatar
super_dipsy
Premium Member
 
Posts: 12068
Joined: 04 Nov 2009, 17:43
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Re: SA Title

Postby Aurelin » 19 Sep 2018, 17:45

super_dipsy wrote:
Aurelia1 wrote:I have a few questions about the Star Ambassador title.
1) I read that the messages are counted by Spring/Fall and not Orders/Builds/Retreats, but messages sent during those periods still count, right?
2) I know it's 10 ranked games. Do the messages count for only ranked games as well? I'm guessing Friends and Schools games don't count, but what about norank?
3) If you're eliminated, do your messages still count?

Thanks!

1) yes
2) only messages in ranked games count
3) yes


Thank you!
Silver Classicist
User avatar
Aurelin
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 14 Jul 2018, 02:01
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1016)
All-game rating: (985)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: SA Title

Postby Jegpeg » 19 Sep 2018, 18:49

super_dipsy wrote:
Aurelia1 wrote:I have a few questions about the Star Ambassador title.
1) I read that the messages are counted by Spring/Fall and not Orders/Builds/Retreats, but messages sent during those periods still count, right?
2) I know it's 10 ranked games. Do the messages count for only ranked games as well? I'm guessing Friends and Schools games don't count, but what about norank?
3) If you're eliminated, do your messages still count?

Thanks!

1) yes
2) only messages in ranked games count
3) yes



I don't think 3 should be the case.
So if I average 10 messages per turn for the first 4 years but get eliminated in 1904 and and stop communicating because I am dead but while the game goes on until 2040 I only average 1 message per turn in that game so am likely to lose my SA status. Don't like that at all
Jegpeg
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: 08 Dec 2009, 20:56
Location: Scotland
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1125)
All-game rating: (1401)
Timezone: GMT

Re: SA Title

Postby super_dipsy » 19 Sep 2018, 19:31

Jegpeg wrote:I don't think 3 should be the case.
So if I average 10 messages per turn for the first 4 years but get eliminated in 1904 and and stop communicating because I am dead but while the game goes on until 2040 I only average 1 message per turn in that game so am likely to lose my SA status. Don't like that at all

Which is why that is not the way it works :)

Messages count for the turns you take up to the point you are eliminated. Or if you joined as a surrendered country, they count from the turn you joined to the turn you were eliminated. Frankly it would be pretty stupid to count turns when you were not active in the game any more ;)
User avatar
super_dipsy
Premium Member
 
Posts: 12068
Joined: 04 Nov 2009, 17:43
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Re: SA Title

Postby Aurelin » 19 Sep 2018, 20:03

super_dipsy wrote:
Jegpeg wrote:I don't think 3 should be the case.
So if I average 10 messages per turn for the first 4 years but get eliminated in 1904 and and stop communicating because I am dead but while the game goes on until 2040 I only average 1 message per turn in that game so am likely to lose my SA status. Don't like that at all

Which is why that is not the way it works :)

Messages count for the turns you take up to the point you are eliminated. Or if you joined as a surrendered country, they count from the turn you joined to the turn you were eliminated. Frankly it would be pretty stupid to count turns when you were not active in the game any more ;)


So it's by whether or not you choose to ignore the game?

Or is it that messages are counted, but turns are not? Like if you're eliminated but continue talking, are the messages added on to the end like little bonus points?
Silver Classicist
User avatar
Aurelin
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 14 Jul 2018, 02:01
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1016)
All-game rating: (985)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: SA Title

Postby super_dipsy » 19 Sep 2018, 20:38

Aurelia1 wrote:So it's by whether or not you choose to ignore the game?

Or is it that messages are counted, but turns are not? Like if you're eliminated but continue talking, are the messages added on to the end like little bonus points?


This is getting a bit surreal :)

Star Ambassador is to recognize people who talk a lot while they are playing the game. I know that is not very exact, but 'playing the game' in our terms means you are in the game and you have not been eliminated. Once you are eliminated, it is irrelevant wether you Ignore or not. You are not playing as such any more, so your messages are not counted any more. Sorry if I confused anyone.
User avatar
super_dipsy
Premium Member
 
Posts: 12068
Joined: 04 Nov 2009, 17:43
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT


Return to Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests