Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game over (Town wins!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (D2)

Postby ExiledAtHome » 10 Mar 2018, 06:31

Actually didn't read that line after Sjg's name on red...

So, you're suggesting Sjg didn't want UDC lynched because it would net us IR data?

Hmmm. I guess that's something, but is it enough to make Sjg go all scrambly on us?
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1385)
All-game rating: (1590)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 10 Mar 2018, 06:33

ExiledAtHome wrote:Actually didn't read that line after Sjg's name on red...

So, you're suggesting Sjg didn't want UDC lynched because it would net us IR data?

Hmmm. I guess that's something, but is it enough to make Sjg go all scrambly on us?

its always a possibility like anything else...
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Timeclock of Confusion :?:,
Dwiltse1114

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Postby kimpossible » 10 Mar 2018, 06:40

Whew. Was really confused by why this was so very bad.

Well, as UDC has pointed out, sjg is a savvy enough player to probably be able to fake that townie scrambling thing. It's also throwing me a little that UDC is actually contradicting Keir on this point. So either scum knows sjg overplayed it there and UDC is going straight for a bus, or sjg pulled that move just to deny us 3 data points while making a play to look like scrambling town.

Or sjg isn't scum, but see my whole thing on meta about why I'm more interested in a scumread on sjg.

It's Chuck's recent stuff that's kinda throwing me off here.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 10 Mar 2018, 06:43

kimbyrle wrote:

Whew. Was really confused by why this was so very bad.

Well, as UDC has pointed out, sjg is a savvy enough player to probably be able to fake that townie scrambling thing. It's also throwing me a little that UDC is actually contradicting Keir on this point. So either scum knows sjg overplayed it there and UDC is going straight for a bus, or sjg pulled that move just to deny us 3 data points while making a play to look like scrambling town.

Or sjg isn't scum, but see my whole thing on meta about why I'm more interested in a scumread on sjg.

It's Chuck's recent stuff that's kinda throwing me off here.

im honestly curious how sjg will react today tbh...
Dwiltse1114

Postby condude1 » 10 Mar 2018, 07:40

Dwiltse1114 wrote:first and foremost obviously I investigated kier when I investigated kier I got dirty and n0 I had investigated condude and got that condude was honest
so that limits which cop I am to either sane insane or random... this is the point where Im still wishing we would have investigated nook last night and lynched him today then on day 3 it would have been more obvious as to what I was rather then having 3 possibilities I would have only had 2... now if we don't lynch one of our investigation choices tonight we are still at 3 possibilities of cops rather then 2 going into day 3...

Uhhh, this is really weird.

We know Nook is town. If you'd investigated him, there are a couple of options:

You're sane, and get town result.

You're insane and get scum result.

You're random and get god knows what.

With a town result, you'd think you could be anything except paranoid or naive (3 results)
With a guilty, you'd think you were either insane, paranoid, or random (again three results).
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby condude1 » 10 Mar 2018, 07:41

Also, guilty on keir.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

condude1

Postby condude1 » 10 Mar 2018, 07:43

UpsideDownChuck wrote:
condude1 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:BUT, there is someone who I'm willing to scumread and who I really think should be our lynch today.

RedSun

Reading through Sjg's megapost. @RedSun: What the hell is a "valuable" lynch? I've never heard a townie think this way before.

RedSun, this seems like a scumslip, and the context of the post makes that seem even more scummy. You're voting Nook on no reasoning (purely bandwagon, although I'll admit my vote wasn't much better), and apparently care about the value of lynches more than who you're lynching - a solely scum mindset.

Condude1
I’m deeply skeptical you could have thought this was a scumslip. I can understand not liking the post and in particular the notion that we should lynch someone because they’ve been the center of attention through most of the first part of D1. But I’m struggling to see why ‘valuable’ here is anything close to a scumslip.

When you're town, do you look for valuable lynches or correct lynches? When you're scum which do you look for? Scum mentality is "Lynch townie above all else, then, in the case of several townies possible, lynch the most valuable one.", Town mentality is "Lynch scum, I don't really care who it is, as long as they're scum".

Plus the Nanook vote was just abysmal. Twice as abysmal now that Nook's confirmed town.

condude1

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 10 Mar 2018, 07:45

condude1 wrote:
Dwiltse1114 wrote:first and foremost obviously I investigated kier when I investigated kier I got dirty and n0 I had investigated condude and got that condude was honest
so that limits which cop I am to either sane insane or random... this is the point where Im still wishing we would have investigated nook last night and lynched him today then on day 3 it would have been more obvious as to what I was rather then having 3 possibilities I would have only had 2... now if we don't lynch one of our investigation choices tonight we are still at 3 possibilities of cops rather then 2 going into day 3...

With a town result, you'd think you could be anything except paranoid or naive (3 results)
With a guilty, you'd think you were either insane, paranoid, or random (again three results).

nope wrong cuz first of all we didn't know nook was town yesterday so don't try to switch my wording... second had we investigated him last night and lynched him today with my first night (n0) result I got honest and had I investigated him today and got dirty and then we lynch him and hes town... that would have ment that the only 2 chances of what I could have been insane or random... so 2 options by day 3 as I had stated in the original posting... where we are at now we will still be at 3 day 3...
Dwiltse1114

Postby condude1 » 10 Mar 2018, 07:50

Dwiltse1114 wrote:
condude1 wrote:

nope wrong cuz first of all we didn't know nook was town yesterday so don't try to switch my wording... second had we investigated him last night and lynched him today with my first night (n0) result I got honest and had I investigated him today and got dirty and then we lynch him and hes town... that would have ment that the only 2 chances of what I could have been insane or random... so 2 options by day 3 as I had stated in the original posting... where we are at now we will still be at 3 day 3...

First point's completely irrelevant. Today's knowledge is what matters, not yesterday's.

For your logic to be true, you'd have to know you'd get the same result on Nook that you did on keir. Do you know that?

condude1

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 10 Mar 2018, 07:53

@condude

well considering its a lost project at this point unless kier was lynched (which im not voting for him) of course I don't know but going off todays knowledge and my results the possibility was there to get down to 2 possibilities...
Dwiltse1114

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads