Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game over (Town wins!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (Day 1)

Postby ExiledAtHome » 06 Mar 2018, 05:27

kimbyrle wrote:
ExiledAtHome wrote:
Keirador wrote:Exiled, why those words? Why the diminutive?

What words...? Little Miss Townie?

I was literally just messing with Kim. Dear God, if I'm scum, do you think I just impugned Kim's towniness and let slip my animosity toward townies?

No, obviously it was just a joke. Which means it was a joke regardless of alignment, which begs the question..why are you reading into this?

FWIW I didn't read a weird tone in this. He and I had been bouncing off each other a bunch in thread up to that point, and I think it would have been banter had I not been disappearing at that moment to smear charcoal all over a pad of drawing paper.

Keirador wrote:OK, with this, dropping anything Exiled-related.

Why? How does the way in which Kim interprets my comment impact the basis behind your sustained suspicion of me? It was never presented as being contingent on how Kim reacted to it... How does this change anything for you?
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1385)
All-game rating: (1590)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 06 Mar 2018, 05:28

ExiledAtHome wrote:Kim,

So you've already commented that you didn't read anything in to my comment about Little Miss Townie...

But what do you think about how forcefully Harb and Keir are pushing this? Does this seem like something Keir would normally latch on to? Harb, I'm not sure if you're too familiar with, but he's generally the eminently reasonable one. They're both giving me pause right now.

fyi harbs a definite yes in this type of thing he could take the tinest bit of sand and make a desert if you get what im saying that said he is usually quite good (when town) spotting who is scum and who is not (atleast he was back when I would play with him) kier I don't remember to much on but based off wrestling and this game thus far his gameplay seems reletivly the same
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Timeclock of Confusion :?:,
Dwiltse1114

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Postby asudevil » 06 Mar 2018, 05:29

Im here...I investigated SJG11...he's dirty
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby ExiledAtHome » 06 Mar 2018, 05:30

Dwiltse1114 wrote:

So you've already commented that you didn't read anything in to my comment about Little Miss Townie...

But what do you think about how forcefully Harb and Keir are pushing this? Does this seem like something Keir would normally latch on to? Harb, I'm not sure if you're too familiar with, but he's generally the eminently reasonable one. They're both giving me pause right now.

fyi harbs a definite yes in this type of thing he could take the tinest bit of sand and make a desert if you get what im saying that said he is usually quite good (when town) spotting who is scum and who is not (atleast he was back when I would play with him) kier I don't remember to much on but based off wrestling and this game thus far his gameplay seems reletivly the same

Regarding the bold, he's capable of doing that as scum...getting people convinced on a mislynch over something minor. I don't believe he's like that as town. I'm trying to recall, but I believe he's more cautious and understanding until he has something really compelling.
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Standard rating: (1385)
All-game rating: (1590)

Postby kimpossible » 06 Mar 2018, 05:33

Keirador wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:
Keirador wrote:So for me the core issue on this point is "why the snark?" If he thinks kim is town, and so obviously town that it's easy to read her, why is snark entering the picture?

Why does EAH snark as scum but not as town?

Well, I guess I'd need to be arguing that it was unintentional. That he let actual frustration bleed over into thread. Definitely a more common mistake from a less sophisticated scum, but not impossible here.

This is what bothers me about this general argument. The EAH I saw as scum in Normal was calculated. He worded things carefully to craft the response he wanted, and he was particularly good at doing that to me for most of LYLO. This doesn't seem like the kind of thing scumEAH lets slip.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 06 Mar 2018, 05:34

ExiledAtHome wrote:
Dwiltse1114 wrote:

Regarding the bold, he's capable of doing that as scum...getting people convinced on a mislynch over something minor. I don't believe he's like that as town. I'm trying to recall, but I believe he's more cautious and understanding until he has something really compelling.

hes that way as town and scum from what I recall
Dwiltse1114

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 06 Mar 2018, 05:35

nanook--->shadowface dirty cant be naïve
exile---> harb dirty cant be naïve
dwilt---> condude honest cant be paranoid
kim---> harb honest cant be paranoid
para----> exile honest cant be paranoid
red---> harb honest cant be paranoid
kier---> sjg dirty cant be naïve
harb---> shadow honest cant be paranoid
asu--->sjg dirty cant be naive

conflicts on investigation

shadowface: nanook vs harb
harb: exile vs kim and red
Dwiltse1114

Postby Keirador » 06 Mar 2018, 05:35

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
Kim wrote:Are you usually on the "vote early, vote often" wagon? I don't recall seeing this kind of "vote a serious vote immediately" behavior from you in the past.

I also haven't played a game where I have an IR N0, so...

But yeah, in general I believe in voting as soon as I feel like I have a reason to. Usually that's somewhere in the first 24-48 hours, but this is an unusual game.

And you probably didn't have an IR N0 here, either. Your chances of being a Sane Cop are worse than your chances of randomly voting scum in your first post all the time. This is a fact that you seem to flicker between understanding and not understanding as suits your argument.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Nanook » 06 Mar 2018, 05:38

Keirador wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:
Kim wrote:Are you usually on the "vote early, vote often" wagon? I don't recall seeing this kind of "vote a serious vote immediately" behavior from you in the past.

I also haven't played a game where I have an IR N0, so...

But yeah, in general I believe in voting as soon as I feel like I have a reason to. Usually that's somewhere in the first 24-48 hours, but this is an unusual game.

And you probably didn't have an IR N0 here, either. Your chances of being a Sane Cop are worse than your chances of randomly voting scum in your first post all the time. This is a fact that you seem to flicker between understanding and not understanding as suits your argument.

I have an IR, it's just probably not an accurate one.

Show me the flickering, por favor.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby Keirador » 06 Mar 2018, 05:39

ExiledAtHome wrote:Why? How does the way in which Kim interprets my comment impact the basis behind your sustained suspicion of me? It was never presented as being contingent on how Kim reacted to it... How does this change anything for you?

Because my concern was tonal, and tone is subjective. My concern was your comment had a whiff of resentment that perhaps wasn't intended, and the person you were actually talking to at the time said "yeah, I didn't get that at all." So the balance here seems to be that I read into your comment something that wasn't there, rather than something that was there but that you didn't intend to convey.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads