I find database not sync to all info pages

INFORMATION ONLY. Site features.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for information only. Please post any questions in the appropriate sections of the Forum.
Questions on rules of the game - Rules Questions
Questions on site functions - in the main Information Forum

Re: I find database not sync to all info pages

Postby super_dipsy » 11 Mar 2017, 21:36

whiteric wrote:so if this is true it still does not explain why the HOME & GAME does not show that option

You have lost me here.

The Home and Game pages do indeed show when orders need finalizing.

Here is what the Home Page says
Snip20170311_1.png
Snip20170311_1.png (105.24 KiB) Viewed 4652 times

And here is what you see for games on the Games page
Snip20170311_2.png
Snip20170311_2.png (32.9 KiB) Viewed 4652 times

As you can see, this shows when you need to finalize as well as when you need to move.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Carebear » 11 Mar 2017, 22:33

whiteric wrote:so if this is true it still does not explain why the HOME & GAME does not show that option

because the way i want to act as quick as i can with each game ... NOT to let games drag on ...
... use the HOME & GAME pages to decide when to check games for actions needing to work with others or finalize moves

As I understand the function of the HOME and GAME pages, they indicate when you NEED to do something.

Moving the game along by finalising when you would be the first with a power in Civil Disorder is a nice to do, but not a NEED.

I suppose that logic could be added to the display, but I think the logic would start to be quite messy and not worth the effort.
You can have my last supply center, when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Spam Ambassador Wannabe

Officially Sanctioned Site Gadfly (meaning the negative kind of sanction)
Carebear

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1573)
All-game rating: (1589)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby whiteric » 13 Mar 2017, 06:08

super_dipsy wrote:Let me try to make it totally clear.

Here is how the code works. This is for an Orders phase.

IF one player clicks 'finalize orders'
- Check to see if game should move
- FOREACH country
--- If the country is surrendered, SKIP to next country
--- If the country has no units, SKIP to next country (this is your case)
--- Has country finalized?
------- No, END (no early finish to deadline)
------- Yes, move to next country
- If all countries WITH UNITS and NOT SURRENDERED have finalized, move turn on

thanks for clarifying what the code should be doing but again not sure if you did the code your self if so you should recheck it

i have seen it different results ... again in a game just now HOME & GAME page had no warnning that i had the option to FINALIZE my 0 retreat moves
i open the game just because i wanted to check it out and found i had 0 retreat but option FINALIZE was asked for ...
so i selected the finalize option and then the screen refreshed and said
Orders finalized! The deadline will be processed after all players finalize their orders.

but i hope you are right but this still a pain in my playing planning
whiteric

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (824)
All-game rating: (834)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby WHSeward » 13 Mar 2017, 06:29

What game number?

I will look at it and tell you what happened. But as has been written several times in this thread, your hitting finalize did not do anything. You don't have an order. The system is not waiting for you. It is only waiting for the players with orders.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby super_dipsy » 13 Mar 2017, 08:17

whiteric wrote:thanks for clarifying what the code should be doing but again not sure if you did the code your self if so you should recheck it

whiteric wrote:i have seen it different results ... again in a game just now HOME & GAME page had no warnning that i had the option to FINALIZE my 0 retreat moves
i open the game just because i wanted to check it out and found i had 0 retreat but option FINALIZE was asked for ...
so i selected the finalize option and then the screen refreshed and said
Orders finalized! The deadline will be processed after all players finalize their orders.

Listen sunshine, the logic I gave you was taken FROM the code for heaven's sake. I don't need to check anything, but you do.

I am going to go through this very carefully in the hope you may understand this time.

1. You have a game which is
-------in Retreat phase
-------You have no Retreats to make (as you put in your text, you have "0 retreat moves")
2. Because you have NO UNITS to order (you have no retreats as per 1) the as the logic I gave you said YOU ARE NOT RELEVANT TO THE TURN FINALIZING. YOUR country is IGNORED in the decision to move on.
3. Therefore, in the HOME & GAME page you do indeed have no warning that you need to finalize, because YOU DO NOT NEED to finalize. The HOME&GAME pages are telling the truth!
4. If you go to the game, the Orders tab does indeed have the option to finalize your orders. That is always there. When you finalize it will give you the 'your orders have been finalized' message, because you did finalize your 0 orders. BUT YOUR DECISION IS NOT REQUIRED for the turn to progress. It makes NO DIFFERENCE if you finalize or not because you have NO UNITS requiring orders
5. When all players with Retreats have finalized their orders, the game will move on WITHOUT YOU FINALIZING, because in the logic loop you have no units that have orders required
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)

Postby gareth66 » 13 Mar 2017, 09:09

With that, it seems to me that the question has been answered (several times) and that the query has been dealt with. Nothing more needs to be said on the matter.
gareth66

Standard rating: (1485)
All-game rating: (1638)

Previous

Return to Playing on Site