Mafia CLVI, Charity Mafia: Town Victory

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Mafia CLVI, Charity Mafia: Town Victory

Postby Zoomzip » 25 Dec 2016, 01:10

Reserve for GM

1) Learn the secrets of Charity Mafia! All Role PMs, Rule sets, and Night Action Reports are found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5uwG ... XgtQzlNNnM
Last edited by Zoomzip on 25 Dec 2016, 01:14, edited 1 time in total.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia CLVI, Charity Mafia: Town Victory

Postby Zoomzip » 25 Dec 2016, 01:11

First of all, congrats to the town and well done to finish it on Christmas eve. Also, all of these charities, regardless of alignment, are good folks and consider supporting them.

Happymeal was a double voter on D3, but he didn't know it. Harb did, but the town ended day before he was able to tell the thread about it.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 25 Dec 2016, 01:58

Well done town, that was, with the notable exception of Day Three, a very solid town performance. Town's on a bit of a roll here currently, let's see if that continues over the next couple of games.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby asudevil » 25 Dec 2016, 02:11

sjg11 wrote:Well done town, that was, with the notable exception of Day Three, a very solid town performance. Town's on a bit of a roll here currently, let's see if that continues over the next couple of games.

OR...the scum suck...OR we have had to over-"balance" games towards town cause we had so many towns lose.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby dodgy56 » 25 Dec 2016, 04:18

sjg11 wrote:Well done town, that was, with the notable exception of Day Three, a very solid town performance. Town's on a bit of a roll here currently, let's see if that continues over the next couple of games.

i mean d3 should have worked. to be honest, i feel like whoever knew that the plan wasnt going to work should have explicitly said so and why. and id be interested to know why they didnt
you never play your hand.
You play the man across from you

The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on

Drug Cheats mafia now in signups
dodgy56

Standard rating: (833)
All-game rating: (764)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby condude1 » 25 Dec 2016, 05:46

asudevil wrote:

OR...the scum suck...OR we have had to over-"balance" games towards town cause we had so many towns lose.

Except the towns HAVE been playing well. The recent towns have been astute, and made very few large mistakes.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby justy » 25 Dec 2016, 06:49

Yes, we got it right! I was a bit worried in the end, but also kind of clueless of how to proceed.

Thank you Zip and Telleo for running this. Thank you Zip for progressive rules regarding in-thread behaviour.

Not my best play, probably would have ended as mislynch if I hadn't got the doc role (which apparently wasn't good reason to town-read me as Harb had the only role that was alignment specific). As I said D1, I started this game with different mindset than usual and went for fast and loose playstyle. Didn't work at all for me. Also, being really busy with work for most of this game didn't help either. However, I'm happy with beign able to tone down the paranoia, especially D4. I don't know if I'd been able to, if Happy had started D4 with good explanation for his N3 phishing messages and with a vote on dodgy.

So what happened with that one message sent in my name to Sjg? Was it Happy who send that, or was it random?
justy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1055
All-game rating: 1054
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby condude1 » 25 Dec 2016, 07:04

About the game:

N0 I recommended HM and I go at each others' throats a bit, but it took a while for that to manifest. He wanted to bus me partway through the day, but I told him I was fine, and promptly managed to deflect attention. During D2, I think my play was pretty decent. For some reason I thought the day ended at 11:00 AM, not 1:00 PM, otherwise I might have taken it a bit slower.

I think D2, if HM hadn't decided he wanted my head on a platter, we might have gotten the mislynch through. Sjg was right that I made a mistake defending HM too abruptly, but he was dead wrong about roles: Scum knew they weren't alignment indicative, and I had the role I claimed. He was also right that I pushed way too hard for alignment-irrelevant roles.

Scum didn't play great, and I think that the town's play was pretty solid, after a weakish D1.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Jordan767 » 25 Dec 2016, 08:04

asudevil wrote:

I'll cop to sucking in Bigger Medium Smaller. But I think the other 3 in this streak (and possibly BMS2 on top of my sucking) have simply been solid town performances.
Silver Classicist.
Jordan767

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (958)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby justy » 25 Dec 2016, 10:16

My choice as MVP is SJG. His D2 got Condude lynched and he also was right about Happy. D3 he made good groundwork for Happy lynch D4, even though the plan for D3 win didn't work.
justy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1055
All-game rating: 1054
Timezone: GMT+2

Next

Return to AARs