Mafia CLVI: Charity Mafia: -- Pure of Heart Win!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Charity Mafia: Night 2

Postby Zoomzip » 17 Dec 2016, 01:20

It is now Night 2.
Day 3 will begin approximately 2300 GMT on 18 December 2016.

Please submit your night targets by 2300GMT 17 December 2016.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Charity Mafia: Day 3

Postby Zoomzip » 19 Dec 2016, 01:02

At least one entity that was willing to engage in a bit of dirty pool is dealt with, but still problems abound. A You Tube video surfaces showing Keirador making illegal and outlandish claims, and a public furor is incited. A fickle public hardly even notices when it is shown later that the video was a hit piece, misleadingly edited by an anonymous group. It is too late for Keirador though, as his organization is no longer a going concern. Keirador is eliminated on Night 2

Keirador was The National Organization for Women and Pure of Heart

It is now Day 3
Day 3 will end approximately 2300 GMT on 21 December 2016

GO
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Happymeal » 19 Dec 2016, 01:25

Alright, to start. Yay, we got a mafia condude lynch!

This is the only real response that happymeal has given to this. In terms of the timeline, he basically says that overnight his read on Telleo changed due to an observation that he was playing badly and was forcing himself to make a case. Yet surely this wouldn't have applied to an order which was apparently sent in immediately after the deadline? Thus meaning that he was still scumreading Telleo at the point when that order was submitted surely?

Man, are you really this dense? I never once stated on day 2 I ever scumread Telleo. The point is I never read telleo to begin with. I did not have the time put together to properly read Telleo because I had barely any time at all. I just needed to do something, that's been my claim the entire time.

Note that this statement also contradicts an earlier part of happymeal's defence. At this point myself and Harb are both calling out happymeal on his statement about thinking that he couldn't change his order and happymeal responds by saying he didn't think about changing it and basically put mechanics to one side.

But if that's the case how does this statement:

You misread the statement possibly btw. It's meant to be read as "I didn't know the plan during the night".

fit with that?

Note the bolded, happymeal is not claiming that he put mechanics to one side for the night, he's claiming that he actively thought that he couldn't change his target after having put in his Telleo order immediately after the Night Phase started. Yet again happymeal's answer has shifted, and the parts of his explanation don't make sense when you put them together and analyse them as a whole.

Yes it does. I immediately put in the target and thought I couldn't change it so subsequently I had no reason to think about it. That's the exact reason for putting it on the side. Give me one other possibility where I don't change my target while knowing I can? Someone who claims that he completely respects me and my ability to play is now essentially calling me incompetent? Had the thought crossed my mind that "hey, you can change your target to someone else", then I might have actually considered doing that. I don't know, but the point being is that I have a reason for my actions.

Like I said, give me one possible explanation for where I knew that I could switch target and decide not to do it anyways given the scenario.

sjg11 wrote:
Happymeal wrote:Especially in a game with a new player and another one who hasn't touched the game in a while, it seems rather odd you come into this with that phrasing since it could open the floodgates to an infosec nightmare, especially after a game where Zoomzip directly criticized you for doing that.

So is your issue that town condude reliably thinks about info sec and never says anything that could give it away so him doing so here is a scumtell? Or is your case that condude has recently been reprimanded for asking a question that's potentially dangerous towards info sec so should be focusing on it here?

'Cos criticising him for both at the same time seems like entrapment to be honest with you.

What I was saying is that towndude is almost always completely concerned with infosec and that he was actively doing things that would harm it. After a game where he was already criticized for something like this, it didn't cross his mind that this question could actually do something like Zoomzip mentioned in the last game? Not only that, but in the last few games I've played with him, he's been completely opposed to revealing anything involving that sort of stuff. He's been town in all those games. Point being is that these actions oppose the Condude that I know who literally wanted to lynch me for even talking about the anointed. Where is that same concern here?

Keirador wrote:Happymeal you indicated a full or partial reveal would exonerate you. Now seems like the time for it.

Alright, so my power is essentially cop, but there's a twist. I know this is late, but I was sleeping. Anyways, the first thing is that it gives a read of the target of my target to my target. However, if my target dies, that read (of that player's target) is sent to a random player. If the target of my target dies, then a read of my target will be sent to another player randomly which is why I thought it'd be a perfect way to do something about Telleo in the night. If she killed someone, then a big old "mafia" would appear in someone's PM. I did not consider, at the time, the various secondary things that could occur. For ex. if the mafia received it or if the person who died received it which is completely a possibility. I reread my PM and it mentioned that the report can be sent to those who died over the course of the night.
It's true I'm nervous, but why do you think I'm mad?
Happymeal

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Happymeal » 19 Dec 2016, 01:27

Hmm, actually, now that I'm thinking about it, town has probably won at this point. I'll be back with a little more soon, but I need to think this over a bit.
Happymeal

Postby Happymeal » 19 Dec 2016, 01:31

Alright, here's what I'm thinking. justy is still alive. That means whoever he targeted last night is cleared town because a person who got the doctor role cannot kill anyone during the night. That means that if Justy didn't target Keirador, then we have one cleared town. Outside of that, we also have a cop so I can send a report to someone during the night. This basically means that we can clear one townie with Justy tonight and one townie with me tonight. Considering someone will get killed bar Justy targeting mafia (which means we have objectively won at that point since Justy can reveal who he targeted), it would be almost impossible for the mafia to be not caught at that point.
Happymeal

Postby sjg11 » 19 Dec 2016, 01:37

Happymeal, who did you target yesterday? I would have thought that this was something you would have included automatically...

I have a big post coming with lots of interesting information there.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)

Postby sjg11 » 19 Dec 2016, 01:38

I received no roles last night.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby sjg11 » 19 Dec 2016, 01:39

I'd suggest the people targeted by justy and by Harb last night reveal. Unfortunately I targeted Keirador so my role would have given us nothing useful last night. I'll actually reveal my Role at some point today but not yet I want to get other stuff organised right now.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby dodgy56 » 19 Dec 2016, 01:39

I was targetted by justy last night and. I targetted harb

My role is that I give someone a messaging ability but the prrson I target isn't informed that they have been given a role. I'll reveal what I know from n1 once sjg reveals what his role is
you never play your hand.
You play the man across from you

The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on

Drug Cheats mafia now in signups
dodgy56

Standard rating: (833)
All-game rating: (764)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby Happymeal » 19 Dec 2016, 01:40

sjg11 wrote:Happymeal, who did you target yesterday? I would have thought that this was something you would have included automatically...

I have a big post coming with lots of interesting information there.

I targeted Justy last night. I also received the ability to send private pms during the day and night cycles.
Happymeal

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads