Mafia CLVI: Charity Mafia: -- Pure of Heart Win!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Charity Mafia: Day 2

Postby Harb » 15 Dec 2016, 23:11

ok, so the redirect was me. I already outted as not the doc, so I don't think this reveal is particularly negative.

I targeted condude for two reasons: slight dcumread from D1, but also the person amongst my scumreadd that if I was wrong I thought might be pointed at scum.

Reason I've been on justy: my redirect randomizes the target of my target. So justy was redirected randomly. This should help explain much of my work today. The Telleo kill made a lot of sense as a random result for me. So I tried to test justy. If justy's received role didn't inform him of anything, he should have no idea he was redirected. Unless the NK was also redirected. Thus, if he claimed a Telleo visit out of fear of having been caught going there (a possibility I was trying to play up both with commentary and early vote), without a "town" way to know he was redirected, we'd have caught scum. I've still got some justy suspicions, but it seems less likely at this point that he was a redirected killer.
---------
I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A. Harb
Harb

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Happymeal » 15 Dec 2016, 23:51

Right now, I'm really liking that we're going to lynch condude, but I don't like how everyone isn't really voting right now. If condude ends up town as his flip and we still don't have keir and sjg's proper thoughts or Harb committed to something, we may have a difficult time tomorrow. I'll be quite honest, if the scum pair is Sjg and Harb for ex., letting them do nothing right now is going to hurt our chances of winning.

@harb, sjg, and keirador. What do you think of the condude case and lynch? Where are you right now in terms of voting for someone? Could you bring me something?
It's true I'm nervous, but why do you think I'm mad?
Happymeal

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Zoomzip » 16 Dec 2016, 00:17

CHECKPOINT: D2Q3
condude1 (3): dodgy56, Happymeal, justy
dodgy56 (1): Keirador
Happymeal (1): sjg11

There is less than 25 hours remaining in Day 2. Day 2 will end approximately 2300GMT on 16 December 2016.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Postby Harb » 16 Dec 2016, 00:21

"Do nothing" seems a little harsh. I need to do more condude research, but I went into the night with a condude scum read, so I could be sold that direction.

I'm concerned about dodgy a bit(nullspace, might be fixed by a reread), and still hold the concerns about justy that didn't stem from night action.

Got positive feelings towards you. Frustratingly neutral on Keir who I came into the day thinking that I could get a better read on with more activity.
---------

A. Harb
Harb

Postby Harb » 16 Dec 2016, 00:24

Could I get a restating of the condude case to help formulate thoughts?
---------

A. Harb
Harb

Re: Charity Mafia: Day 1

Postby Happymeal » 16 Dec 2016, 00:25

Happymeal wrote:
Harb wrote:Telleo, since you're around I wanted to grab a response from you real quick on your thoughts on my grouping idea.

Do you think the doc being forced to target a scum read is a bad thing? I don't. Seems to me if the Doc gives their power to scum, and that scum is also committing the NK, we get a save. I get what you're saying about informational roles, cause then scum get the info potentially.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Isn't it quite possible that the scum targets the other scum? On top of that, who's to say the doctor actually functions in a manner we expect it to. I don't know much about variants on doctors, but I do know that these mechanic oriented games tend to through in twists rather than just be straight forward. I don't think your idea is bad, but I'm wondering if there are other things to consider.

Also, Harb, I made a response to you on day 1 that I don't believe you followed up to.
Happymeal

Postby Happymeal » 16 Dec 2016, 00:28

Harb wrote:Could I get a restating of the condude case to help formulate thoughts?

My case involves his sniping as well as his attempt to draw out information despite not only being against harming infosec this game but in prior where he would be completely against harming infosec whatsoever. For ex., he was perfectly ok with allowing a negative role to reveal entirely essentially just to know whether or not that roles were aligned one way or the other. The former I already mentioned with quotes over the last few pages.

Justy's case involves multiple things, but I believe Justy's biggest gripe is Condude's performance mainly looking like he's out for blood rather than he is questioning and trying to look for answers.

@Justy, could you restate your case with proper quotes or page numbers to us? It would really help if I knew where you were coming from here.
Happymeal

Postby Harb » 16 Dec 2016, 00:32

Re: roles question from HM

I don't disagree that doc could function differently, I was merely refuting Telleo's assertion that doc targeting a scum would necessarily be bad. Sure the non-killing scum could target scum, but there's lots of ways for a doc target to be ineffective. I didn't think doc being directed to target a scumread was enough of a negative not to go through with the plan
---------

A. Harb
Harb

Postby Harb » 16 Dec 2016, 00:55

Out for blood and sniping seem like they're pretty similar thought space. Why is this likely scum behavior for condude? When was condude last scum anyway?
---------

A. Harb
Harb

Postby Happymeal » 16 Dec 2016, 01:04

Harb wrote:Out for blood and sniping seem like they're pretty similar thought space. Why is this likely scum behavior for condude? When was condude last scum anyway?

I played against scum condude in triple mafia though he was only scum in one out of the three games so he was 33% scum and 66% town. I'd say that he played more on the verge of reliability (though he was not around the entire game because he was busy) so I'm not certain if that really counts as evidence of anything.

However, I think this behavior is something I haven't seen from town condude.
Happymeal

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads