Mafia CLVI: Charity Mafia: -- Pure of Heart Win!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Charity Mafia: Day 2

Postby sjg11 » 15 Dec 2016, 00:42

Harb, no longer sober enough to answer that. My last bit of sober energy was re-checking Point 1 and your explanation fits. I think. I'll deal with Point 3 tomorrow.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Harb » 15 Dec 2016, 00:47

Unvote - HM's explanation is fitting together better for me the more I think about it. I can even see the bones of an answer to Point 2 from sjg (at least parts of it, and I'm willing to back off a bit while that develops.)

HM, did you at any point WANT to change your target of Telleo?

Also, at what point did you realize what the night plan was supposed to have been?
---------
I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A. Harb
Harb

Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Happymeal » 15 Dec 2016, 00:52

sjg11 wrote:=
2. You believed you couldn't change your order last night? No, don't buy it. You've played more than enough games here to know that you are able to change your night actions when you put them in. Oh, and this explanation again doesn't jive with your other explanations. If your read on Telleo had changed to a townread which is why you had no issue with targeting her... then why was this not your initial explanation when I asked you about it? Why has this only come out now? When I asked why you targeted Telleo why did it take you so long to say that she was still a scumread when you targeted her? Why was your initial response to me focused on why your read on Telleo changed in that context? I note all of this stuff has only come out when I've caught you on the issues surrounding not just re-reading Harb by Author to find out the plan.

At the time, I never said my read on Telleo changed to a townread. I said that Telleo had a relatively strong day 1 in my response to Keirador which does imply, but I meant her actions were something I would not read into a scum for. I only re stated an actual read to Harb because he got me to think about it. I wasn't thinking about my read about Telleo so much so as I felt I needed to do something about Telleo. My power helped inform my decision because of the way it functions. I could explain it more specifically if you'd like me to without directly revealing it.

After I told the GM my choice, I moved onto "how to improve myself" for the remainder of the night. i didn't really give anything else a second though. I basically made an assumption that I never second guessed.
It's true I'm nervous, but why do you think I'm mad?
Happymeal

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Harb » 15 Dec 2016, 00:53

Also, not returning to justy just yet. Some of my impetus for a justy lynch lay in the idea that Telleo was a commonly perceived lynch candidate today. That may not be the case. I'm interested in more folks talking about that btw.
---------

A. Harb
Harb

Postby Happymeal » 15 Dec 2016, 00:57

Harb wrote:Unvote - HM's explanation is fitting together better for me the more I think about it. I can even see the bones of an answer to Point 2 from sjg (at least parts of it, and I'm willing to back off a bit while that develops.)

HM, did you at any point WANT to change your target of Telleo?

Also, at what point did you realize what the night plan was supposed to have been?

- Overnight, I didn't know what the plan was so if I ever did think about changing it (I don't think I did because my focus was on how to change the way I was playing rather than stuff like that), I probably would have just put it to the side and say that any target is just as good or bad as Telleo at this point.

- When sjg (it might have been someone else) quoted it in thread.
Happymeal

Postby Happymeal » 15 Dec 2016, 00:58

I don't mean "overnight" as my answer, but I mean it to say that "I didn't know what the plan was during the night/overnight"
Happymeal

Postby Harb » 15 Dec 2016, 01:03

So your read on Telleo, or lack thereof, didn't factor into your decision to target her at all?
---------

A. Harb
Harb

Postby sjg11 » 15 Dec 2016, 01:09

Harb wrote:Also, not returning to justy just yet. Some of my impetus for a justy lynch lay in the idea that Telleo was a commonly perceived lynch candidate today. That may not be the case. I'm interested in more folks talking about that btw.

This comment noted for sober sjg
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)

Postby Happymeal » 15 Dec 2016, 01:10

Harb wrote:So your read on Telleo, or lack thereof, didn't factor into your decision to target her at all?

Well, that's not how I would phrase it. My determination to do something is what informed my decision as well as my power which would allow me to do such, but you're essentially correct.
Happymeal

Re: Charity Mafia: Day 1

Postby Telleo » 15 Dec 2016, 01:17

CHECKPOINT: D2Q2
condude1 (2): Happymeal, justy
No vote (1): Harb, Condude1, Dodgy56
dodgy56 (1): Keirador
Happymeal (1): sjg11
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads