Eliminator Tournament: Trash Talk

A tournament where you need to not lose in order to survive. TD: rick.leeds

Eliminator Tournament: Trash Talk

Postby gsmx » 11 Jul 2014, 21:34

With the first round of games starting to wrap up, figured we may as well get some healthy smack talk going.

I'll get the ball rolling with congratulating the Eliminator 1.3 gang on their spectacular 5-way draw. Super friends forever!!! ;)

The first quality that is needed is audacity.
gsmx

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (2097)
All-game rating: (2475)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Eliminator Tournament: Trash Talk

Postby Fatmo » 12 Jul 2014, 06:01

:lol:

Hey man, what can I say? I'm just too nice of a guy, and now have four more super-best-friends! We all decided to sing kumbaya and roast marshmallows at the campfire :)

Our western triple was spotted too quickly and effectively countered by Thumpington's Austria and Turkey. I don't think we did a good enough job at covering it up, and Thump was quick to call us out on it. I was gunning for a three-way. It wasn't a true stalemate, but it was close enough to almost certainly have taken longer than 1912 to eliminate them, and things had progressed in a way that no one was willing to back down and switch sides.

Also, I'd like to point out that England in this game was a great player who's pretty new and I don't see around on the forums. Shout out to patheprof, who I suspected might have been Tarsier or Thumpington.

Heh, I'll take whatever trash you've got to dish out. Not like I haven't seen it before. Speaking of, why didn't you just solo your own first round game ;)

At the end of the day, a five-way draw was allowed in this round, and with games not ranked, we can really just play the metagame of the tournament in order to advance. I begrudgingly came to accept that that's where it was likely going (out of practice and principle I'd usually not gun for a five-way), and we all survived to fight another day. I'm guessing that later rounds will see more fluid action, when more countries must be eliminated.

Looking forward to another encounter with you, if that happens to be in store for the next round or the round after that 8-)

Same goes for everyone else in the tournament. Looking forward to round two with whoever is unfortunate to have to deal with me for an entire game.

And just for the hell of it . . . . .

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

Re: Eliminator Tournament: Trash Talk

Postby gsmx » 12 Jul 2014, 06:09

No motivation to solo, so long as other games keep doing five way draws all i need to do is keep surviving in games with smaller draws. ;)
The first quality that is needed is audacity.
gsmx

Standard rating: (2097)
All-game rating: (2475)

Return to Eliminator