24%
Maybe.
5%
Mobius is overrated.
62%

Total votes : 21

Re: CYOC Main Thread- LOOK HERE FIRST

Postby AHarlequin » 28 Oct 2011, 04:28

Zander wrote:(Juussttt FYI, I have removed the 1 million starting pop limit. We actually removed this a while ago, but WIM never updated the main thread. Remember, BE REASONABLE with starting pop. This is not the current earth, calamities reduced the population to only a few million, and the nations are just 300 or so years from recovery.)

Didn't it end up getting moved to something? (I want to say 40 million...?)

Might be most interesting if new nations came into play with around 40 million people (unless for personal/plot reasons they wanted to keep it lower) - otherwise, it's basically a game of city-states...
Hmm. AP exams, group projects, essays...
Time to check Playdip!
AHarlequin

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby ninjaruler » 28 Oct 2011, 04:31

AHarlequin wrote:
Zander wrote:(Juussttt FYI, I have removed the 1 million starting pop limit. We actually removed this a while ago, but WIM never updated the main thread. Remember, BE REASONABLE with starting pop. This is not the current earth, calamities reduced the population to only a few million, and the nations are just 300 or so years from recovery.)

Might be most interesting if new nations came into play with around 40 million people (unless for personal/plot reasons they wanted to keep it lower) - otherwise, it's basically a game of city-states...

haha yea. my nation is suffering with its low population. whatever. I am thinking of having a baby booming generation soon though.
¸„‹•*¸„‹•*„¸„‹•*•*•›„¸„¸„‹•*;;;:::::.....Ninja.....:::::;;;*•›„¸„¸„‹•*•*•›„¸„*•›„¸*•›„¸
..............*•›„¸*•›„¸„¸„‹•*•*•Mafia/Diplomacy/CYOC‹•*•*•›„¸„¸„‹•*¸„‹•*...............
ninjaruler

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (958)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby mat.gopack » 28 Oct 2011, 04:31

ninjaruler wrote:
AHarlequin wrote:

haha yea. my nation is suffering with its low population. whatever. I am thinking of having a baby booming generation soon though.

Mattopia is growing steadily and quickly, due to the influx of immigrants from the war-torn north.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby mat.gopack » 28 Oct 2011, 06:02

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Postby Siam Meow » 28 Oct 2011, 07:30

I'm considering it.

The ESA was never really mine - it always felt like I was playing to CDE's shadow. Tbh, I'd much prefer recolonizing Australia with some sort of multicultural super-colony with a few people and epic tech purloined from various countries of origin, made of a few elite veterans from various administrations.

Or the same thing in Hawa'ii with the Cult. The ESA would still exist, historically, but have fallen apart a long time ago - the closest thing to a successor being the Cult. The Cult would play much like the above idea, but with more aggressiveness, theocratic elements and somewhat like a very mini-version of the Nomads, if the Nomadic belief system involved actively working towards the total destruction of non-believers, and with an unknown time limit.

How does history work? Did the major nations (The ESA, the...ESA) we used to have still factor into the current countries?
Siam Meow

Location: Australia. (You know, the place with Wally and not Waldo.)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Zander » 28 Oct 2011, 15:40

Siam Meow wrote:
How does history work? Did the major nations (The ESA, the...ESA) we used to have still factor into the current countries?

Canonically, of course. But I'm not being a stickler about it. After all, who wants to read through three pages of threads to figure out every single country that used to exist :P

I am reading the "United States" as the "Exiled States" to be honest.
Zander

Postby mat.gopack » 28 Oct 2011, 16:14

Siam Meow wrote:I'm considering it.

The ESA was never really mine - it always felt like I was playing to CDE's shadow. Tbh, I'd much prefer recolonizing Australia with some sort of multicultural super-colony with a few people and epic tech purloined from various countries of origin, made of a few elite veterans from various administrations.

Or the same thing in Hawa'ii with the Cult. The ESA would still exist, historically, but have fallen apart a long time ago - the closest thing to a successor being the Cult. The Cult would play much like the above idea, but with more aggressiveness, theocratic elements and somewhat like a very mini-version of the Nomads, if the Nomadic belief system involved actively working towards the total destruction of non-believers, and with an unknown time limit.

Come back Siam! (BTW, where did you go? You dumped witch hunt mafia :(

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Postby Malevolence » 28 Oct 2011, 23:27

Detroit has been added as a City of New York. The surrounding area has mostly not- this addition should be much smaller than Chicago.
Creator of 1939, Superpowers, Future of the World, Fate of the World, Fantasy CYOC, Outbreak, History of the World, Italian Renaissance Diplomacy, 21st Century Diplomacy, Inheritors
Malevolence

Standard rating: (1049)
All-game rating: (1031)

Postby QRandom » 28 Oct 2011, 23:33

We have claimed the Canary Islands
...!

Woof!!
QRandom

Postby backstabber213 » 29 Oct 2011, 00:55

And we now exist in Panama. :D
We being The Republic (in Panama).
Question everything. Mock everyone. Deny it all.

Representative of The Republic(in Panama) in CYOC.
House Martell in asudevil's A Game of Thrones Diplomacy
backstabber213

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1049)
All-game rating: (1052)
Timezone: GMT-7

PreviousNext

Return to Create Your Own Country