Premium Classic Championship - GAMES & INFO.

A 7-game, 7 countries tournament, that started on 1 August 2010. No resolution.

Re: Premium Classic Championship - GAMES & RESULTS

Postby Stander » 11 Aug 2010, 13:57

jimbobicus wrote:No, I do actually have an idea: How about setting up a poll, where people can vote for, who among the likely favourites, they expect to win?
I don't know all the players here so it would be hard for me to compile a great list. I think the list should be short, but for it to be a shock if someone from outside the list wins. Here's my attempt:
captain twig, connect4, his_flyness, jimbobicus, Maucat, Stander.

Who else should be included? Any of these, who shouldn't be included (the 4th one seemed rather dodgy)?

No idea who that other bunch of muppets are ( ;) ), especially that connect4 fella - dodgiest one of the lot. But glad to see my name in that list - especially as I won the last tournament where you played all 7 countries. That was gunboat though.
I will be running the London Marathon on 22nd April 2012 to raise funds to help disabled children and in memory of my darling wife who sadly passed away in January 2012.

To find out more or to donate please visit:- http://www.justgiving.com/BigRunningFool
Stander
Elite Sponsor
Elite Sponsor

Location: Mainly running the streets of Essex, getting wet, cold and bloody miserable.
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby echotwo » 11 Aug 2010, 14:09

What do people think the winning score will be across 7 games? Perhaps it's worth having a little sweepstake.

In fact, I'd be interested to know how many points are enough to do well in these things. Are there usually many solos?
echotwo

Game 5

Postby rick.leeds » 11 Aug 2010, 14:28

Up and running.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)

Postby Zebb » 11 Aug 2010, 14:37

echotwo wrote:What do people think the winning score will be across 7 games? Perhaps it's worth having a little sweepstake.

I'd say 31 points. One solo, four 3-way draws, one 4-way draw, one elimination. I don't expect to see anyone with two or more solos.
Zebb

Timezone: GMT-5

Postby jimbobicus » 11 Aug 2010, 14:47

Zebb wrote:
echotwo wrote:What do people think the winning score will be across 7 games? Perhaps it's worth having a little sweepstake.

I'd say 31 points. One solo, four 3-way draws, one 4-way draw, one elimination. I don't expect to see anyone with two or more solos.

Good question. I'll say 39. Same idea as Zebb, but converting one of those 3 ways to another solo.

Any input on the list of favourites I've compiled. I'm thinking of adding echotwo, because I've looked up his stats and seen a good win percentage. Anyone not on that list who wants to add themselves? Where are the big egos? 8-)
"A friend to all is a friend to none" - Aristotle
jimbobicus

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1742)
All-game rating: (1662)

Postby echotwo » 11 Aug 2010, 15:06

I'm probably revealing nothing other than my naivety and complete lack of experience in tournament play, but I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see anyone with three or even four solos, and a winning total of over 50 -- especially with anonymous games and a field of almost 50 people.
echotwo

Postby rick.leeds » 11 Aug 2010, 21:11

I'm betting on me *cough* :twisted:
World Diplomacy Forum.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stander » 11 Aug 2010, 22:22

In fact, I'd be interested to know how many points are enough to do well in these things. Are there usually many solos?

I have run two previous 7 game tournaments, but these were strickly 7 games and 7 players with each player taking a different country in each of the games, not 42 players spread across however many games this tournament is going to take. Both were scored purely with the detour98f system.

The winning score for the non gunboat tournament was 288 and included 2 solos. 3 of the 7 games were solos. I came second in this one.
The winning score for the gunboat version was 265 and also included 2 solos and again a third game also had a solo. I won this one.
I will be running the London Marathon on 22nd April 2012 to raise funds to help disabled children and in memory of my darling wife who sadly passed away in January 2012.

To find out more or to donate please visit:- http://www.justgiving.com/BigRunningFool
Stander
Elite Sponsor
Elite Sponsor

Location: Mainly running the streets of Essex, getting wet, cold and bloody miserable.

Postby Gordyfisher » 12 Aug 2010, 04:18

Hey Rick -

I see that the tournament started but I never received the initial invite. Can that be sent to me?

- Gordy Fisher
Gordyfisher

Standard rating: (917)
All-game rating: (848)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby rick.leeds » 12 Aug 2010, 11:54

Gordyfisher wrote:Hey Rick -

I see that the tournament started but I never received the initial invite. Can that be sent to me?

- Gordy Fisher

You've been on every mailing list I've sent out! You should have invitations to Games 1 through 5 in your inbox.

If there is anybody else who ISN'T receiving the PMs, let me know.
World Diplomacy Forum.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Premium Classic Championship [FIN]