New Tournament?

Compete in a Tournament game hosted on PlayDiplomacy.

Re: New Tournament?

Postby Jensen » 18 Apr 2021, 23:41

CapturingBravo wrote:YES! all terrific suggestions. I'm actually not sure how to cap games at a certain game year, so maybe we just play it through until the players agree to a certain draw - let it happen organically. Could you explain sum-of-squares scoring? how is that different than SC count.

As part of the tournament rules you state that all players must agree to a draw in spring 1910 or whatever year. Even if the players wish to continue playing the tournament scoring takes place at a certain year and everything afterwards means nothing for tournament calculation.
Jensen

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1523
All-game rating: 1535
Timezone: GMT

Postby CapturingBravo » 25 Apr 2021, 16:01

I think I would actually propose a 3 round tournament, with 3 games in the first round, 2 games in the second round, and a final board. The top 14 scores from the first round make it to the 2nd round, and the 3rd round is determined by 0.5 * first round points + 1 * second round points and the final 7. in a draw, scoring would be straight up SC count - if someone solos, it is a +4 bonus so the solo is 22 points but other people in that game still get points, but everyone else would get SC - 2 points. If no draw is accepted by Fall Retreat 1912, the game ends as a DIS draw. Does this sound good?

I would be looking to get this set up and have some people help me out and have the first round start around June 1.
CapturingBravo
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1124
All-game rating: 926
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby ElCariboutchou » 27 Apr 2021, 17:14

Happy to join a PPO Tournament :geek: :twisted: :P
ElCariboutchou
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1399
All-game rating: 1802
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Ekphrasis » 27 Apr 2021, 23:05

CapturingBravo wrote:I think I would actually propose a 3 round tournament, with 3 games in the first round, 2 games in the second round, and a final board. The top 14 scores from the first round make it to the 2nd round, and the 3rd round is determined by 0.5 * first round points + 1 * second round points and the final 7. in a draw, scoring would be straight up SC count - if someone solos, it is a +4 bonus so the solo is 22 points but other people in that game still get points, but everyone else would get SC - 2 points. If no draw is accepted by Fall Retreat 1912, the game ends as a DIS draw. Does this sound good?

I would be looking to get this set up and have some people help me out and have the first round start around June 1.

I'd like to tweak that scoring ideally, but regardless, I'd definitely join!
Ekphrasis
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (974)
All-game rating: (943)
Timezone: GMT-6

Previous

Return to PlayDip Tournaments