South American Supremacy Recruitment - (Full-needs reserves)

GM'd by sroca

Moderator: Morg

Re: South American Supremacy Recruitment - (Needs Reserves)

Postby Antigonos » 15 Aug 2020, 02:04

sroca wrote:
Antigonos wrote:The rules say "The Andes Mountains: Indicated by a darkened border, separating the western ridge of the continent from the interior. Units may not cross the Andes Mountains (like Switzerland) except at "passes," marked on the map by two small parallel lines with a normal (light) border between them. The Andes Mountains form the border between Cali and Popayan, and stretch all the way south to separate Valparaiso from Cordoba."

Just to confirmfor an oldman with less than wonderful eyesight I see seven passes. Also above it states that the Andes "stretch all the way south to separate Valparaiso from Cordoba." As I read the map the Andes extends a bit further to the border between Patagonia and Arauncanian. Am I wrong?

Antigonos

Yes. If necessary I can make them larger or change their color for our playthrough.

It mentions those two territories because those are the last ones that it separates. The remaining have bridges.

Got it. Thanks.
Classicists Platinum, Oldies & soldier in Cavalry to the rescue
Samnites 3 draw Ad Arma
Prussia draw Ambition & Empire
USSR in 3 draw Blitzkrieg[
England solo Renaissance
Germany in 6 draw World Influence
Athens 4 draw Greek City States
Zaire solo Africa
Iran 3 draw ModEX II
Antigonos
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1483)
All-game rating: (1517)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby RolynTrotter » 15 Aug 2020, 15:34

sroca wrote:
Antigonos wrote:The rules say "The Andes Mountains: Indicated by a darkened border, separating the western ridge of the continent from the interior. Units may not cross the Andes Mountains (like Switzerland) except at "passes," marked on the map by two small parallel lines with a normal (light) border between them. The Andes Mountains form the border between Cali and Popayan, and stretch all the way south to separate Valparaiso from Cordoba."

Just to confirmfor an oldman with less than wonderful eyesight I see seven passes. Also above it states that the Andes "stretch all the way south to separate Valparaiso from Cordoba." As I read the map the Andes extends a bit further to the border between Patagonia and Arauncanian. Am I wrong?

Antigonos

Yes. If necessary I can make them larger or change their color for our playthrough.

It mentions those two territories because those are the last ones that it separates. The remaining have bridges.

Santiago and Patagonia are separated, right? And Valparaiso/Mendoza? Those splits really matter from the first turn.
Apparently I'm a Classicist. Huh. That's fun I guess
Prussia in Napoleonic: Empires and Coalitions -- Golly that was a long time ago
Short for Carolyn
RolynTrotter

Standard rating: (1004)
All-game rating: (1165)

Postby sroca » 15 Aug 2020, 15:50

RolynTrotter wrote:Santiago and Patagonia are separated, right? And Valparaiso/Mendoza? Those splits really matter from the first turn.

Right.

Now that you mention this, I'm not sure why the description mentions Valparaiso and Cordoba... I'm going to default to how the map is actually drawn which has the separations that you mention.
Hebrews 3:7-8a (ESV)
"Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says, 'Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts...'"

Please donate funds to the site for its extended operation. Here is the link: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/premium.php
sroca

Standard rating: 1105
All-game rating: 1274

Re: South American Supremacy Recruitment - (Full-needs reser

Postby haroonriaz » 23 Aug 2020, 17:57

Put me down as a reserve.
More than half of Diplomacy games are ruined because players leave them half-way.
Silver Member Classicist, Cavalry, Captain CLD, Winner: War in the Americas, Joint: GoT I, 1792 Napoleonic Diplomacy 1, Zeus 3, Stew 2, East Asia 2, Loeb-9 3, Manifest Destiny I, 1905 2.0, Napoleonic E&C, Seismic 6
haroonriaz

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (923)
Timezone: GMT+5

Postby sroca » 24 Aug 2020, 21:31

haroonriaz wrote:Put me down as a reserve.

Will do. Join the discord if you want to spectate. I may have to mess around with the permission after you join so you can see the maps though.
"Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says, 'Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts...'"

Please donate funds to the site for its extended operation. Here is the link: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/premium.php
sroca

Postby schocker » 20 Sep 2020, 15:44

Am I too late? I was taking a break from Dip....
Member of The Classicists
schocker
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1370
All-game rating: 1367
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby sroca » 20 Sep 2020, 16:07

schocker wrote:Am I too late? I was taking a break from Dip....
For this round. You'll have to catch the next one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

sroca

Previous

Return to South American Supremacy