ODC Update - New TDs & Round 2

Moderators: Malarky, HardAcre, Captainmeme

Re: ODC Update - New TDs & Round 2

Postby knilgau » 11 Jun 2022, 00:16

I’m fine if they play too. The only easy information they would have is who is in each game. That’s not a big deal. As for points and such that could affect games they are in, that seems like a lot of work to win a tournament with nothing on the line except for fame among a small community of people. In other words, not likely to happen.

Even Malarky was considering joining a game to get it started (as stated elsewhere on the forum) and this was his tournament, so it can’t be that big of a deal.

I suppose they could rig the players in their games, but I also see that as unlikely for Round 2 (the other rounds are seeded).
knilgau

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1072
All-game rating: 1071
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Captainmeme » 11 Jun 2022, 01:01

I really appreciate it! But having a TD who isn't playing is really important just generally, I think. It's also partially for my own sanity, because its a lot easier to do the TD stuff when you're not also playing at the same time.

If HardAcre wants to play, I def won't stop him from doing so, but I'm going to stay out of the games from here on out.

You'll probably see me in tournaments in future, I join enough of them!
TD for the 2020 & 2022 Online Diplomacy Championships

I run the DiploStrats Youtube channel, for all your excessively-long-diplomacy-related-podcast needs.

I'm also a producer at the Diplomacy Broadcast Network, which does the same thing but higher quality!
Captainmeme
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1004)
All-game rating: (1005)
Timezone: GMT

Postby aDiplomat » 11 Jun 2022, 01:18

After having been eliminated never passing four centers as Turkey to CaptainMeme's Russia in round 1, I appreciate his generosity in helping the rest of us improve our standing! It was a most polite elimination, however. :) Thank you both for serving as TDs.
aDiplomat

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1222
All-game rating: 1228

Postby Captainmeme » 11 Jun 2022, 13:12

Aha, sorry about that! Best of luck in the rest of the rounds :D

We've managed to get the final R1 game up and running! So I will send out PMs asking for confirmation for Round 2 participation tomorrow. If I get replies quickly, I'll get the games set up by next Saturday, otherwise it'll be the Saturday after.

I run the DiploStrats Youtube channel, for all your excessively-long-diplomacy-related-podcast needs.

I'm also a producer at the Diplomacy Broadcast Network, which does the same thing but higher quality!
Captainmeme
Premium Member

Postby Captainmeme » 11 Jun 2022, 14:35

I got a great response to the call for players to fill the missing places in the final R1 game; a fair few more than I had open slots. There are a few of these players who are happy to just play one round to fill at some point or another, but there are also a number who would like to play the full tournament.

With that in mind, I'm going to update the rules to allow for a player to play two games in the same round if they have missed a previous round. This should also help with bringing each round to a multiple of seven.

I may make an exception for Round 4 on this front so that nobody has too much of an advantage - given that in R4 players have much more information about the scores they will need to advance.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, you're welcome to give them here!

Captainmeme
Premium Member

Postby GameKat » 12 Jun 2022, 13:04

I think that's a really creative solution to help keep boards filled and everything running smoothly. Your cat-herding efforts are greatly appreciated, Captain.
GameKat

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1091)
All-game rating: (1089)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Octavious » 12 Jun 2022, 14:16

I think that your efforts in getting the President involved in raising awareness of the disappearance of previous directors has been extremely impressive.
Attachments
GettyImages-1191542552-730x475.jpg
GettyImages-1191542552-730x475.jpg (53.26 KiB) Viewed 208 times
Guaaaaaaak!
Octavious

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1242)
All-game rating: (1251)

Postby Custer » 22 Jun 2022, 15:03

I'm sure the Biden Personal Police (FBI) are involved.

;)

Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese! And one more thing. Say ya to da U.P. eh!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in Da U.P. in Da Whitehawk and an original Yooper!
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 957
All-game rating: 1175

Postby Captainmeme » 28 Jul 2022, 13:57

I'm away for the week from the 30th til the 8th, so contact with me may be slow over that time. I'll still be checking in on occasion so feel free to send me PMs if needed - if I'm needed urgently for something, please shoot me a message on Discord (CaptainMeme#8366). Would prefer if that's only done if it's extremely important as I'd like to be mostly off the grid :P

Captainmeme
Premium Member

Previous

Return to POC / Online Diplomacy Championship