Page 2 of 3

Re: South American Supremacy Recruitment - (5/8)

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2020, 00:18
by bratsffl
OK ... I'll give it a try.

IF FloridaMan is the REAL FloridaMan, I wont be the dumbest old F*** in the game :) :)

Re: South American Supremacy Recruitment - (5/8)

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2020, 13:08
by FloridaMan
bratsffl wrote:OK ... I'll give it a try.

IF FloridaMan is the REAL FloridaMan, I wont be the dumbest old F*** in the game :) :)

Hey, who you calling old?! I'm 200 years young!

Re: South American Supremacy Recruitment - (6/8)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2020, 01:04
by RolynTrotter
I'm interested in playing a game via Discord's messaging system. Sure, sounds fun.

Re: South American Supremacy Recruitment - (6/8)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2020, 01:07
by Jordan767
Quick clarifying question on logistics--is the whole game (including private messages) happening on Discord, or just public press?

I'm in to play or be a reserve, whichever you need. Been a while since I played a forum game.

Re: South American Supremacy Recruitment - (6/8)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2020, 01:10
by sroca
Discord is just an option, but it's strongly encouraged. Everyone has joined the discord so far, so I would assume most if not all communication will happen there.

Re: South American Supremacy Recruitment - (Needs Reserves)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2020, 03:20
by RolynTrotter
Players could, hypothetically, decide that the whole negotiation deal is simpler if people not on discord were to see conveniently early ends :p

Re: South American Supremacy Recruitment - (5/8)

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2020, 00:18
by Antigonos
AKFD wrote:
Antigonos wrote:It has been two years since I have played here. Everything from caterect surgery to colon surgery, and a touch of malignancy plus my "normal" chronic issues. But ifIam going to look over the rules, think hard and cosider joining or at least being a reserve if there is any room left. Get back in touch in the nes=xt few days. Curious to see what skills I might retain.

Antigonos


Hello! Hope everything's okay for you!


AKFD,

Thanks. Ive had some less than optimal moments since I last played (which I think was in the spring of 2018 for a regular game and perhaps the Fall of that year for a Forum game). I feel quite rusty with such a long gap. But I want to give it a try. Hope you are well.

Antigonos

Re: South American Supremacy Recruitment - (5/8)

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2020, 00:21
by Antigonos
Don Juan of Austria wrote:
Antigonos wrote:It has been two years since I have played here. Everything from caterect surgery to colon surgery, and a touch of malignancy plus my "normal" chronic issues. But ifIam going to look over the rules, think hard and cosider joining or at least being a reserve if there is any room left. Get back in touch in the nes=xt few days. Curious to see what skills I might retain.

Antigonos


Antigonos! You’ve been missed. Sorry to hear of some of your ailments, but glad you’re back.


Don Juan of Austria,

Yes it's been some time. I have missed the site and it was always a pleasure to have you in a game. It will be interestng to be back I should think.

Antigonos

Re: South American Supremacy Recruitment - (Needs Reserves)

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2020, 01:42
by Antigonos
The rules say "The Andes Mountains: Indicated by a darkened border, separating the western ridge of the continent from the interior. Units may not cross the Andes Mountains (like Switzerland) except at "passes," marked on the map by two small parallel lines with a normal (light) border between them. The Andes Mountains form the border between Cali and Popayan, and stretch all the way south to separate Valparaiso from Cordoba."

Just to confirmfor an oldman with less than wonderful eyesight I see seven passes. Also above it states that the Andes "stretch all the way south to separate Valparaiso from Cordoba." As I read the map the Andes extends a bit further to the border between Patagonia and Arauncanian. Am I wrong?

Antigonos

Re: South American Supremacy Recruitment - (Needs Reserves)

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2020, 01:58
by sroca
Antigonos wrote:The rules say "The Andes Mountains: Indicated by a darkened border, separating the western ridge of the continent from the interior. Units may not cross the Andes Mountains (like Switzerland) except at "passes," marked on the map by two small parallel lines with a normal (light) border between them. The Andes Mountains form the border between Cali and Popayan, and stretch all the way south to separate Valparaiso from Cordoba."

Just to confirmfor an oldman with less than wonderful eyesight I see seven passes. Also above it states that the Andes "stretch all the way south to separate Valparaiso from Cordoba." As I read the map the Andes extends a bit further to the border between Patagonia and Arauncanian. Am I wrong?

Antigonos


Yes. If necessary I can make them larger or change their color for our playthrough.

It mentions those two territories because those are the last ones that it separates. The remaining have bridges.