WitA Beta Testing feedback

Subforum for soliciting and discussing feedback on the next map to come to PlayDiplomacy: War in the Americas.

Re: WitA Beta Testing feedback

Postby stew0610 » 09 Jun 2019, 15:19

Bug #1: When trying to move my fleet from West Caribbean to Nicaragua, it wants me to choose between east coast or west coast but using point and click directions it does not bring up the dialogue box to do so.

Bug #2: I was able to put in the order using menu based order entry; however, that screen also displays a number of errors that read:

Notice: Undefined index: smar in /home/playdip/domains/playdiplomacy.com/public_html/includes/classes/cgameplay.php on line 1426

Notice: Undefined index: smar in /home/playdip/domains/playdiplomacy.com/public_html/includes/classes/cgameplay.php on line 1433

Notice: Undefined index: smar in /home/playdip/domains/playdiplomacy.com/public_html/includes/classes/cgameplay.php on line 1400

Notice: Undefined index: smar in /home/playdip/domains/playdiplomacy.com/public_html/includes/classes/cgameplay.php on line 1407

Notice: Undefined index: cFon in /home/playdip/domains/playdiplomacy.com/public_html/includes/classes/cgameplay.php on line 1458

Notice: Undefined index: smar in /home/playdip/domains/playdiplomacy.com/public_html/includes/classes/cgameplay.php on line 1426

Notice: Undefined index: smar in /home/playdip/domains/playdiplomacy.com/public_html/includes/classes/cgameplay.php on line 1433

Notice: Undefined index: smar in /home/playdip/domains/playdiplomacy.com/public_html/includes/classes/cgameplay.php on line 1400

Notice: Undefined index: smar in /home/playdip/domains/playdiplomacy.com/public_html/includes/classes/cgameplay.php on line 1407

Notice: Undefined index: cFon in /home/playdip/domains/playdiplomacy.com/public_html/includes/classes/cgameplay.php on line 1458

stew0610
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1352
All-game rating: 1357
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Charleroi » 09 Jun 2019, 19:20

Not a bug -

It was recommended in the public press that the Abbreviation (in the Message Inbox) for United States should be US rather than UN. I agree.

I would also recommend MX (not ME) for Mexico and either GB or UK (rather than GR) for Great Britain. GR could be confused with New Granada.
Charleroi

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1577
All-game rating: 1648

Postby super_dipsy » 09 Jun 2019, 22:05

Great stuff guys. I will take a look at these (and any more that come up) tomorrow.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 941
Timezone: GMT

Postby super_dipsy » 10 Jun 2019, 07:40

Charleroi wrote:It looks as though I didn't receive an email notifying me that the game had begun. Only saw it when I checked my active games tab.

This is because I manually added you after the game wrongly started after 7 had joined I think. Did anyone else get a 'game has begin' email?

The errors about smar and cFon are due to misprints, which is probably causing some of the other issues mentioned. I think these errors should be gone now. Point and click works on Cali for instance.

Also this fix seems to have sorted the issue with the dialog box not appearing when trying to move from Carib to Nic, it now asks for the coast properly.

The issue with the arrow not appearingon Order History for Baia de Paranagua is fixed too, we had some funny chars in the names and I missed some when getting rid of them.

I have also sorted the lack of arrows for Santa Fe de la Cruz.

For all of these, could you please try to reproduce them again to make sure the fixes are good? Thanks!
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 10 Jun 2019, 08:52

NullSpeech wrote:The white background (paper.jpg) is not loaded.

The Tabbar image has a white line because of the increased width causing the tabbar.png image to repeat, showing a 1px-wide column of brightened pixels on the left-hand side in that image. I fixed the image and included it here.

I can't see the problem. But it sounds like nopun can, so we can try to sort that. My copy if the image you posted looks ok...oh, wait a minute. I think I see it now, I can see a thin white line when I am in a Wita game on the menu bar.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby stew0610 » 10 Jun 2019, 13:58

super_dipsy wrote:
Charleroi wrote:It looks as though I didn't receive an email notifying me that the game had begun. Only saw it when I checked my active games tab.

This is because I manually added you after the game wrongly started after 7 had joined I think. Did anyone else get a 'game has begin' email?

The errors about smar and cFon are due to misprints, which is probably causing some of the other issues mentioned. I think these errors should be gone now. Point and click works on Cali for instance.

Also this fix seems to have sorted the issue with the dialog box not appearing when trying to move from Carib to Nic, it now asks for the coast properly.

The issue with the arrow not appearingon Order History for Baia de Paranagua is fixed too, we had some funny chars in the names and I missed some when getting rid of them.

I have also sorted the lack of arrows for Santa Fe de la Cruz.

For all of these, could you please try to reproduce them again to make sure the fixes are good? Thanks!

I'm still not getting a dialogue box to choose between east/west coast when trying to move into Nic from West Caribbean. The error messages on the menu based order entry are gone.

I received an email when the game started, though I don't believe I got one when it went to confirmation phase.
stew0610
Premium Member

Postby stew0610 » 10 Jun 2019, 14:29

Bug: Nicaragua did not turn blue when I captured it this turn. It is still showing the neutral color despite my ship being there.
stew0610
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 10 Jun 2019, 15:35

stew0610 wrote:I'm still not getting a dialogue box to choose between east/west coast when trying to move into Nic from West Caribbean.

Hmm. That's odd. It works for me on Dev...I willl log on as you and try.

stew0610 wrote:Bug: Nicaragua did not turn blue when I captured it this turn. It is still showing the neutral color despite my ship being there.

Yep, I can see that. I have an idea what that is, I'll get to it now.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 10 Jun 2019, 16:07

This is most odd Stew. On Dev, I got the right dialogue box and Nic turned blue fine. I will check to see if somehow I have some code that has not gone up on Live. Very odd though.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 10 Jun 2019, 17:24

Ahah! Cracked it.

All the coasts were misbehaving. This should be fixed now. I'm not sure whether it will be retrospective (eg will GB be given Nic) but it should work OK from now on.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Workshop: War in the Americas