All PlayDip Final Table at Online Dip Championship

Recruitment for and discussion of online Dip games/tournaments that aren't run on the PlayDiplomacy website or as part of the PbF community.

All PlayDip Final Table at Online Dip Championship

Postby Conq » 08 Jan 2019, 03:29

As you may know, the Online Diplomacy Championship (ODC) is taking place over at webdiplomacy.net this year. Information about sign-ups is here.

The good news about the tournament being hosted at webdip is that many of the players who sign up will be webdip regulars, and they are all...complete trash below our standard.

I'm going to play, and probably win the whole thing. But that doesn't mean that you can't jump on in and make it an all Playdip final table.

Here is the PlayDip Top 20 and whether they have agreed to play so far. Blue means they are in:

1 Conq (2437)
2 DarthWader (2160)
3 norlight (2122)
4 akiy0003 (1931)
5 FloridaMan (1891)
6 Lukan (1837)
7 Pootleflump (1836)
8 dib (1834)
9 machor (1795)
10 Badger1991 (1788)
11 captainnemo55555 (1753)
12 刺 (1753)
13 suvin123 (1736)
14 danocles (1730)
15 manson0251 (1718)
16 EDP (1708)
17 Zosimus (1696)
18 WarSmith (1685)
19 V (1677)
20 Brumark (1658)

Action Items:


1. If you are not on this Top 20 list, you should still totally play. You are likely already better than the best Webdip regular.
2. We need to bug the non-blue characters above to toss their hats into the ring and represent.
3. We need to tell gsmx to stop being a chicken and actually to play real live Diplomacy against real life Internet people again so that he will appear on this list too.
4. We need to introduce me to that dude with the Chinese "thorn" character name because he seems like a badass that I should know.
User avatar
Conq
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: 06 Mar 2014, 01:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2437
All-game rating: 2578
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: All PlayDip Final Table at Online Dip Championship

Postby Pootleflump » 08 Jan 2019, 03:53

If you want to get into Pootle's head, which has to be said is a strange, unique and startling place, then her first novel has literally (5 mins ago) JUST BEEN PUBLISHED ON AMAZON.

If you want to beat her, you should ABSOLUTELY read this book.

To be fair, it's also an awesome gift for wives and girlfriends who complain about diplomacy.

Apologies for hijacking the thread in my excitement. Bad Pootle.
Last edited by Pootleflump on 08 Jan 2019, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
But, I nearly forgot, you must close your eyes otherwise you won't see anything

Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality
User avatar
Pootleflump
Premium Member
 
Posts: 462
Joined: 28 Feb 2017, 22:21
Location: Scotland
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1823
All-game rating: 1898
Timezone: GMT

Re: All PlayDip Final Table at Online Dip Championship

Postby Aeschines » 08 Jan 2019, 04:21

Pootleflump wrote:If you want to get into Pootle's head, which has to be said is a strange, unique and startling place, then her first novel has literally (5 mins ago) JUST BEEN PUBLISHED ON AMAZON.

If you want to beat her, you should ABSOLUTELY read this book.

To be fair, it's also an awesome gift for wives and girlfriends who complain about diplomacy.


THAT IS AMAZING! Congratulations! But where is the link to buy it???
Platinum Member of the Classicists
User avatar
Aeschines
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2290
Joined: 20 Apr 2009, 23:51
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1454
All-game rating: 1640
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: All PlayDip Final Table at Online Dip Championship

Postby willie23 » 08 Jan 2019, 04:46

Aeschines wrote:
Pootleflump wrote:If you want to get into Pootle's head, which has to be said is a strange, unique and startling place, then her first novel has literally (5 mins ago) JUST BEEN PUBLISHED ON AMAZON.

If you want to beat her, you should ABSOLUTELY read this book.

To be fair, it's also an awesome gift for wives and girlfriends who complain about diplomacy.


THAT IS AMAZING! Congratulations! But where is the link to buy it???


Same question I would love to see this book
“Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible;”— General T. J. Jackson

Bronze Member of the Classicists
Member of the Whippersnappers.
United Republic of New Texas In CYOC
Check out the PlayDip Historical Society!
User avatar
willie23
 
Posts: 288
Joined: 11 Jan 2018, 20:20
Location: Lordsburg, New Mexico, USA (Right on Interstate-10)
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1002)
All-game rating: (999)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: All PlayDip Final Table at Online Dip Championship

Postby Durga » 08 Jan 2019, 05:56

Thanks for this Conq! Would love to see the playdip talent come out. Might I remind you that you posted on the sign up thread on webDiplomacy instead of playdiplomacy and are therefore representing webDip? ;)
User avatar
Durga
Premium Member
 
Posts: 441
Joined: 31 Jan 2017, 00:59
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

Re: All PlayDip Final Table at Online Dip Championship

Postby gsmx » 08 Jan 2019, 06:11

More importantly, will our reigning ODC co-champions Brava Papa Alpha and StarMonkey be returning to defend their co-title??
The first quality that is needed is audacity.
User avatar
gsmx
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: 22 Aug 2011, 14:50
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (2097)
All-game rating: (2475)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: All PlayDip Final Table at Online Dip Championship

Postby super_dipsy » 08 Jan 2019, 08:27

Good luck to all our brave participants, and I hope conq is right and we have an all playdip top table :D
User avatar
super_dipsy
Premium Member
 
Posts: 12039
Joined: 04 Nov 2009, 17:43
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 941
Timezone: GMT

Re: All PlayDip Final Table at Online Dip Championship

Postby gsmx » 08 Jan 2019, 09:30

super_dipsy wrote:Good luck to all our brave participants, and I hope conq is right and we have an all playdip top table :D

I hear WebDipmacy is offering incentives to their members who go on to the final board or win the tournament ...

:ugeek:
The first quality that is needed is audacity.
User avatar
gsmx
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: 22 Aug 2011, 14:50
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (2097)
All-game rating: (2475)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: All PlayDip Final Table at Online Dip Championship

Postby hedge trimmer » 08 Jan 2019, 19:17

Conq wrote:4. We need to introduce me to that dude with the Chinese "thorn" character name because he seems like a badass that I should know.

I know only Japanese, but I think that could also be "to prick; to stab". ;)
Silent and deadly Loud and annoying
User avatar
hedge trimmer
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 27 Jul 2017, 21:36
Location: Finland
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1374
All-game rating: 1394
Timezone: GMT+2

Re: All PlayDip Final Table at Online Dip Championship

Postby Conq » 08 Jan 2019, 20:21

hedge trimmer wrote:
Conq wrote:4. We need to introduce me to that dude with the Chinese "thorn" character name because he seems like a badass that I should know.

I know only Japanese, but I think that could also be "to prick; to stab". ;)

The legend only grows.
User avatar
Conq
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: 06 Mar 2014, 01:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2437
All-game rating: 2578
Timezone: GMT-8

Next

Return to Offsite Games & Tournaments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest