PBEM Recruitment for "1812 Overture"

Recruitment for and discussion of online Dip games/tournaments that aren't run on the PlayDiplomacy website or as part of the PbF community.

PBEM Recruitment for "1812 Overture"

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 01 Sep 2016, 17:57

Dear PBF Players,

Once my GM certification process is complete, I intend to run a session of my variant "1812 Overture" here on the forums. You can see an example playthrough on this thread and the most up-to-date rules at http://tinyurl.com/1812-overture-diplomacy. I'm not entirely sure when this PBF session will begin; it may be October or November.

In mid-to-late September, however, I plan to initiate a session of this variant via email (PBEM). This would not be affiliated with PlayDiplomacy or the PBF forum, but I know that many of you PBF folks are PBEM players too.

If you are at all interested in either playing or observing this PBEM game, you can PM me or reply to this thread. If you do reply to the thread, you may still want to PM me your email address. I am looking for a few more players as well as some potential alternates.

The pace of the game will be two seasons per week, with regularly scheduled weekly due times (rather than a floating timer). You can see an example schedule with what I set up for my Two Towers PBF game.

Thank you for your interest. I look forward to hearing from you.

Note: I will give some priority on a first-come, first-serve basis, but I reserve the right to prioritize players that appear to have a reliable PBF record.
Lead Volunteer Developer & Forum Admin

Variant GM & Designer
NoPunIn10Did

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 1451
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: PBEM Recruitment for "1812 Overture"

Postby MinnesotanKaiser » 02 Sep 2016, 01:30

I'm up for a game! The last game looked pretty fun. I'm sure I should have a clean enough record for you since I'm getting my orders in for the Two Towers session.
Leader of the Worker's Republic of Terran
Leader of the West African Imperium-in-Exile
Honorary Custodian of the Cyon Imperium

Played Gondor in The Two Towers PBF variant

Those born once will die twice and those born twice will die once.
-Chuck Missler
MinnesotanKaiser

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (945)
All-game rating: (947)
Timezone: GMT

Re: PBEM Recruitment for "1812 Overture"

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 02 Sep 2016, 03:13

Great!

Kaiser has gotten in touch. Anyone else?
Lead Volunteer Developer & Forum Admin

Variant GM & Designer
NoPunIn10Did

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 1451
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Offsite Games & Tournaments