Diplomacy of Ice & Fire II: Spring 300 AC

7 player Game of Thrones variant introduced to playdip by Presser84, with updated rules from Aeschines. GMed by Aeschines. Solo win by Groo.

Moderator: Morg

Diplomacy of Ice & Fire II: Spring 300 AC

Postby Aeschines » 12 Jul 2018, 04:39

Retreat Due ASAP - Fall 300 AC orders are due July 14 at 9pm Eastern Standard Time!
Note: Sour Flour of House Greyjoy has been eliminated and will leave the game at the conclusion of the retreat. That's a tough break, falling to a surgical strike at your capital, Sour Flour. But remember, when you play the game of thrones...

A Spider's Notes: 300/S,

Lord Tywin does is not known for his forgiveness. So, that he had Balon Greyjoy executed is no surprise. That he forced Balon to first serve as the executioner of his son and heir, however, made some of even the toughest Reavers balk. According to my sources, Tywin has offered a place in the meanest parts of Lanisport for any Ironborn who brings him the heads of at least two other Iron Islanders. The rest, he has declared, shall meet their Drowned God at the earliest opportunity.

In the heartlands of Westeros, the chaos we predicted has come. Lady Oleanna's focus on mobilizing the armies of Highgarden against the Lannisters seems to have allowed the foolish Lord Tyrell to screw up an almost un-loseable front against the Dornish. The dragon has reared her head back towards Harrenhall, seemingly taking advantage of that alliance. All the while, Lord Stannis has charged west, under some apparently drunk pretext, seizing the Stoney Sept and the Crownlands. The old alliances seem dead. From the fires of war I expect a new partnership or triumvirate will rise to secure dominance. But at least two great houses of the south seem destined to follow the Greyjoys into oblivion.

All who walk the halls of power walk the spider's web.

Iskis the Spider

Game of Thrones Diplomacy Spring AC 300.png
Game of Thrones Diplomacy Spring AC 300.png (60.16 KiB) Viewed 453 times

Pootleflump - House Targaryen
Dearest Iskis

We hope you are enjoying the medicinal whisky and mediocre pancakes.

Please find below the orders for House Targaryen.

Duskendake move Harrenhall... succeeded
Northern Narrow Sea move to The Eyrie... succeeded
Narrow Sea move Northern Narrow Sea... succeeded
Myr move Pentos... succeeded

We trust everything is in order, sir.

Your friend

Khaleesi

"Fire and Blood."

StarkAdder - House Martell
Dear Aeschines:

Sometimes the player who wins a game of chess is not the one who attacks relentlessly, but the one who builds traps within his defenses and waits for the other player to dash himself to pieces against them. Given that Dorne has no other strategy available at present, it is the one we now plan to employ to our advantage. Herewith our orders to our spearmen and corsair captains:

Army in Yronwood HOLD; let no enemy breach our iron gates!... succeeded
Fleet in the Sea of Dorne SUPPORT army in Yronwood to hold the line... supported unit succeeded
Fleet in the Stepstones MOVE to Sunspear to safeguard our capital... succeeded

We once again offer my lovely nieces the Sand Snakes to any eligible bachelors that remain in our lands. They cannot sew or bake, but they can do many other things that cannot be mentioned here. And if they do not find a husband soon, they may be tempted to go out on their own and remove all of their female competition. Don't try to deceive us with that sweet smile, Margery Tyrell -- our Dornish maesters can see the cunning heart that lies within your bountiful breast. They tried looking for Oleanna's heart, too, but have thusfar been unable to find it.

Prince Doran Martell
Ruler of what is left of Dorne

"Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken."

willie23 - House Stark
A Western Swamps MOVE Barrow Lands... succeeded
A Moat Cailin HOLD... succeeded
F Brandon’s Gift MOVE Bay of Ice... bounced
F Bay of Seals MOVE The Shivering Sea... succeeded

“I feel a bit out of my element because I know nothing of game of thrones. But I would like to say that those pesky guys out beyond the wall will feel my spears yet. In the meantime...

"Winter Is Coming."

Sour Flour - House Greyjoy
NSS -> Bay of Ice... bounced, unit dislodged retreat needed

"We Do Not Sow."

ccloughley - House Lannister
The Greyjoy heir is sent to sleep with his brethren at the bottom of the Ironman's Bay (executed)... succeeded (eliminates Greyjoy player)

The fourth Fleet in Lannisport sets sail to the Southern Sunset Sea... succeeded
The third Fleet in Casterly Rock sets sail to the Ironman's Bay... succeeded
The second Fleet in the Golden Sea sets sail to the Northern Sunset Sea... succeeded
The first Fleet in Pyke aids the second Fleet's move from the Golden Sea to the Northern Sunset Sea (support)... supported unit succeeded
The first Army in Riverrun marches to the capital, Casterly Rock... succeeded
The second Army in Flint's Finger aids the third Army in The Twins move to The Western Swamps (support)... supported unit succeeded
The third Army in The Twins move to The Western Swamps... succeeded

And let me just say that I have a bad feeling about House Baratheon playing me against House Tyrell... We will see.

"Hear Me Roar!"

Groo - House Baratheon
Dear Iskis, I'm sending you a report from the recent secret Tyrell - Baratheon meeting

After drinking half casket of whisky Tyrells and Baratheons decided that the boar who killed Robert must be avenged...or was it Robert who must be avenged? After a couple of bottles, no one was sure which story is for the public and what was the real reason but one thing is certain, Stannis had thought - it was the Lannisters, and it seems the Tyrells were in agreement.

Cersei had SOMETHING to do with it!!..blurb...she...seduced...yessshhh SEDUCED the boar so the boar helped them - yelled Stannis

No, my sire, she seduced the DWARF who poisoned the wine. And...blurp...The boar DRANK the wine and went crazy and attacked our King... The poor boar had nothing to do with it - Margaery replied

Yessh...The boar is an... honest... kingslayer - Stannis agreed - and it was eaten nevertheless! We must avange him!

Yes, sire we must avenge him. Who? Yes we must! I'll ask my mother to send troops. And Lizzards. And ninja warriors and dragons. IS SHE bringing DRAGONS? And laser firing grizzlies!

The conversation continued, dear Iskis, for half an hour. Nothing made sense, but I saw the orders written on the piece of paper:

A RK -> Crownlands... succeeded
A King's Landing -> Stoney Septs... succeeded
A Dornish Marches ->Stormlands... succeeded
F Griffin's Roost -> Dornish Marches... succeeded
F Tyrosh hold... succeeded
F Storm's End -> Griffin's Roost... succeeded

Write it down as it really was my friend, there will be no honor in this war to come,
Onion Knight

"Ours Is the Fury."

AKFD - House Tyrell
It's the year 300, and conflict is at an all-time high. After eating a lot of pancakes, it's time to mobilize again. Thus, my units will prove themselves in the coming years.

Shield Isles-Searoad... succeeded
Highgarden-The Reach... succeeded
Blackmont-Ashford... succeeded
Prince's Pass-Yronwood... bounced
Sandstone Supports Prince's Pass-Yronwood... supported unit failed
Saltshore Supports Prince's Pass-Yronwood... illegal order, F Salt Shore may not move to Yronwood

"Growing Strong."
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1454
All-game rating: 1640
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Diplomacy of Ice & Fire II: Spring 300 AC

Postby Groo » 12 Jul 2018, 15:41

Are we waiting for Grejyos retreat - and if so why is he already eliminated. Shouldn't he have time until the winter?
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."

Cornubia in Heptarchy 14 - 3WD
Front Range in Emergence - 3WD
Holland in Colonial 7 - 3WD
House Baratheon in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire - Mad King SOLO
Mexico in WiTA 7 - stabbed to death
Thebes in Greek City States IV
Groo
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1604
All-game rating: 1683
Timezone: GMT

Postby Aeschines » 12 Jul 2018, 15:49

Groo wrote:Are we waiting for Grejyos retreat - and if so why is he already eliminated. Shouldn't he have time until the winter?

Without his capital and with his heir executed, Balon Greyjoy's bannermen have no one to follow. Thus, the Greyjoys are eliminated at the conclusion of the spring turn (when their heir was executed).
Aeschines

Postby AKFD » 12 Jul 2018, 19:01

After drinking half casket of whisky Tyrells and Baratheons decided that the boar who killed Robert must be avenged...or was it Robert who must be avenged? After a couple of bottles, no one was sure which story is for the public and what was the real reason but one thing is certain, Stannis had thought - it was the Lannisters, and it seems the Tyrells were in agreement.

Cersei had SOMETHING to do with it!!..blurb...she...seduced...yessshhh SEDUCED the boar so the boar helped them - yelled Stannis

No, my sire, she seduced the DWARF who poisoned the wine. And...blurp...The boar DRANK the wine and went crazy and attacked our King... The poor boar had nothing to do with it - Margaery replied

Yessh...The boar is an... honest... kingslayer - Stannis agreed - and it was eaten nevertheless! We must avange him!

Bloody and gruesome.
Silver Classicist!

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.
AKFD
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 830
All-game rating: 776
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby Groo » 12 Jul 2018, 21:55

AKFD wrote:Bloody and gruesome.

You meant Groosome?

Aeschines wrote:
Groo wrote:Are we waiting for Grejyos retreat - and if so why is he already eliminated. Shouldn't he have time until the winter?

Without his capital and with his heir executed, Balon Greyjoy's bannermen have no one to follow. Thus, the Greyjoys are eliminated at the conclusion of the spring turn (when their heir was executed).

Thanks for the explanation, Meister!
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."

Cornubia in Heptarchy 14 - 3WD
Front Range in Emergence - 3WD
Holland in Colonial 7 - 3WD
House Baratheon in Diplomacy of Ice and Fire - Mad King SOLO
Mexico in WiTA 7 - stabbed to death
Thebes in Greek City States IV
Groo
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1604
All-game rating: 1683
Timezone: GMT

Postby Aeschines » 14 Jul 2018, 17:24

Fall 300 AC orders are due July 14 at 9pm Eastern Standard Time!

Game of Thrones Diplomacy Spring Retreats AC 300.png
Game of Thrones Diplomacy Spring Retreats AC 300.png (59.23 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Sour Flour - House Greyjoy
NMR - resolved as autodestroy

"We Do Not Sow."
Aeschines

Return to Diplomacy of Ice and Fire II [Game 5]