Diplomacy of Ice & Fire II: Spring 298 AC

7 player Game of Thrones variant introduced to playdip by Presser84, with updated rules from Aeschines. GMed by Aeschines. Solo win by Groo.

Moderator: Morg

Diplomacy of Ice & Fire II: Spring 298 AC

Postby Aeschines » 26 Jun 2018, 04:32

Fall 298 AC orders are due June 28 at 9pm Eastern Standard Time!

A Spider's Notes: 298/S,

The tragic and accidental death of King Robert Baratheon certainly has shocked the Seven Kingdoms. Though known for his recklessness, his strength of heart and character had lead many in King's Landing to believe that King Robert would live a deep and full life. Luckily for the Kingdom, his capable wife Cersei Lannister called for an impromptu meeting of the small council. To ensure the legitimacy of the discussion, she even invited Robert's brother, Stannis Baratheon. To the outside world, Stannis' presence was the shocking development but I have it on good authority that a different attendee was the source of the shrieks of surprise heard from within the council chamber that night. Rumor has it that the Dragon Queen herself, Daenerys Targaryen was also in attendance.

At Queen Cersei's insistence that complete group had a frank and stern conversation about that future of Westeros. With the death of King Robert the potential for chaos was nearly limitless. At that meeting a secret deal was brokered. Prince Viserys & Princess Myrcella would wed to seal the a new dynasty. Some reports of the meeting indicated that Lord Stannis marched out in a rage but other reports suggest his anger was carefully calculated to acknowledge the legitimacy of the arrangement while still appeasing his brother's supporters.

All who walk the halls of power walk the spider's web.

Iskis the Spider

Game of Thrones Diplomacy Spring AC 298.png
Game of Thrones Diplomacy Spring AC 298.png (58.26 KiB) Viewed 207 times

Pootleflump - House Targaryen
I will not let those I have freed slide back into chains. I will not sail for Westeros. I will do what Queens do. I WILL RULE

With respect. Please find the orders for House Targaryen.

D.S. Isle MOVE Bay of Crabs... succeeded
Pentos MOVE Braavossi Coast... succeeded

Heir Targaryen MARRY Heir Lannister at CASTERLY ROCK... succeeded

"Fire and Blood."

StarkAdder - House Martell
Greetings from the sunny lands of Dorne, where our people stand tall, our buildings rise high, and even our horses ruin wild and free. We are and will always remain unbowed, unbent and unbroken!

House Martells sends the following orders to its loyal bannerman and corsair captains for the spring of 298 AC, a time when we sense political tension arising in the lands with the death of King Robert, may he burn in the flames of the place where he now resides for the role he and others played in the death of my beautiful sister, nieces and nephews!

-- our Army in Yronwood shall MOVE to the Prince's Pass to protect the northern passes that lead to our homeland. Every soldier shall stand his or her ground to keep outsiders away from Dorne!... succeeded
-- our Army in Godsgrace shall MOVE to the Salt Shore, and brave the deserts there to protect our southern lands... succeeded
-- our fleet in shall MOVE into the Sea of Dorne, the sea which bears our name, to ensure that no vessels with stags or lightning bolts attempt to engage in smuggling or invade our fair lands... succeeded

Thus ordereth the Prince.

Prince Doran Martell
at the palace in Sunspear

"Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken."

willie23 - House Stark
A Winterfell MOVE Moat Cailin... succeeded
F Whiteharbor MOVE Dreadfort... succeeded

"Winter Is Coming."

Sour Flour - House Greyjoy
Great Wyk -> Ironman's Bay... succeeded
Harlaw hold... succeeded
Pyke -> Golden Sea... bounced

"We Do Not Sow."

ccloughley - House Lannister
The First Fleet, currently in port in Lannisport, will set sail to the Golden Sea in an attempt to secure the coastline... bounced
The Second Army, currently garrisoned in Casterly Rock, marches North to the Riverlands... succeeded
The First Army, currently encamped in the Crownlands, remains encamped in the Crownlands... succeeded

A royal wedding between the heirs of House Lannister and House Targaryen is to occur come Summer. They are to reside in a new palace being constructed in Casterly Rock... succeeded

"Hear Me Roar!"

Groo - House Baratheon
A Kingswood-Stormlands... succeeded
A Storm's End-Dornish Marches... succeeded
F GR - SNS... succeeded

"Ours Is the Fury."

AKFD - House Tyrell
A Oldtown-Hornhill... succeeded
A Highgarden-Sea Road... succeeded
F Starfall-Redwyne Straits... succeeded

"Growing Strong."

Wedding Invite (Targaryen x Lannister).jpg
Wedding Invite (Targaryen x Lannister).jpg (62.96 KiB) Viewed 207 times

(Presented by Pootleflump of House Targaryen)
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1454
All-game rating: 1640
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Diplomacy of Ice and Fire II [Game 5]