Excalibur: AARs

A 7 player map set in Britain during the Anglo Saxon invasion. GM'ed by Nanooktheeskimo
3way draw: Frisians (GPD), Picts (Don Juan of Austria), Scots (WarSmith).

Moderator: Morg

Excalibur: AARs

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 19 Sep 2017, 04:09

The draw between the Frisians, Scots, and the Picts has been accepted! Thank you to everyone for playing, I had a blast running this and hopefully you enjoyed playing it just as much. Please leave your AARs here.

Final SC count:
Angles (gnaah): Eliminated Fall 457
British (JonS): Eliminated Fall 459
Frisians (GPD): 12 centers (draw)
Jutes (Gooderian): Eliminated Fall 463
Picts (Don Juan of Austria): 11 centers (draw)
Saxons (norlight): Eliminated Fall 463
Scots (WarSmith): 10 centers (draw)

Final map: viewtopic.php?f=802&t=56283
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1389
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Excalibur: AARs

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 19 Sep 2017, 04:18

Twas a lovely game! Thanks Nanook for running! I'll post an AAR sometime. Hopefully soon. :)
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Ireland in Heptarchy 16!
Don Juan of Toledo in Diplomacy for Dukes and Popes!
Don Juan of Austria

Standard rating: (1047)
All-game rating: (1160)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Don Juan of Austria » 14 Oct 2017, 16:13

Alright! Finally getting around to writing this. And hope others do too.

For me, this game started a little unexpectedly, as I signed up to be a reserve, and only intended to watch until someone had an unfortunate NMR or something. But instead, I was recruited in after someone dropped out before the bids were finished, so I now had to choose what I had to bid on. And I basically decided that I wanted a "defending" position. A couple times throughout the game I had regrets, and sorta envied the natural alliance of the 4 Germanic tribes and their seemingly easy communication, but in the end, I was fine with being the Picts.

The first few years were horrible in my communications, as RL was interfering and I just wasn't putting as much time into Dip as I usually am. The Scots and the Angles also were really all over we as well, and probably the only reason I survived was because of Briton's huge growth. Year 2, I had a Scot army in FIF, and yet I still had a build, while the Angles had to disband a unit.
At the end of year 4, I had to disband a unit in the "Orkney Area", but my boarders had at least been consolidated and a rough stalemate line that would last the rest of the game was formed. Further more, it was the only disband I had the entire game....slowly ever growing from here on out.

At the end of 457, I was seriously thinking about how to get to a solo. The Angles had been eliminated, the Britons had NMRed and been replaced, and my nearest competitor was 3 centers behind my 10, and had a harder area to cover...though I couldn't make much head way anywhere, and thats about where I sat till the end, in 464, watching the Frisians grow.

It was a great game, and I especially enjoyed the tons of lies WarSmith and I told each other. I wasn't too sorry to see it end in a three way, as I didn't feel I could really bring it to a solo, and I sure wasn't going to let anyone else do so either!
"In everything, moderation". ~Aristotle
A proud member of the Whippersnappers,
Bronze Classicists,
Lancer in the PBF cavalry.

Ireland in Heptarchy 16!
Don Juan of Toledo in Diplomacy for Dukes and Popes!
Don Juan of Austria

Standard rating: (1047)
All-game rating: (1160)

Postby WarSmith » 16 Oct 2017, 22:27

There was a few years when we just plain out lied which was super fun wasn't it!
Made it easy to tell the truth later ;)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1725
All-game rating: 1712

Return to Excalibur III