take my survey!

Anything you want to talk about.

take my survey!

Postby numberwang1 » 28 Nov 2016, 20:42

Hey guys, I have to distribute a survey and analyze some stuff with the results for a class I'm in, so if any of you could help me out by taking this short, anonymous survey it would be greatly appreciated.

Its basically an opinion thing about US foreign policy, so I thought it would be at least a bit relevant to diplomacy. Over 18, US residents are preferred but anyone's responses are valuable!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8TVPXQJ

Thanks all
Platinum Member of the Classicists
numberwang1

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1187)
All-game rating: (1329)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: take my survey!

Postby Ningi626 » 29 Nov 2016, 06:47

Interesting survey! I feel some of the questions were a bit too broad but I do enjoying talking about the topic. Good luck!
Ningi626

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (875)
All-game rating: (837)

Postby numberwang1 » 30 Nov 2016, 03:47

Ningi626 wrote:Interesting survey! I feel some of the questions were a bit too broad but I do enjoying talking about the topic. Good luck!

Yeah, the questions are a bit broad, the exercise is more in analyzing the results than designing the survey (we had a separate, more in-depth survey design thing) so we really just need the question variety to have a variety of data to analyze. So I didn't spend a whole lot of time trying to write good questions. Thanks for taking it!
numberwang1

Postby numberwang1 » 30 Nov 2016, 03:48

Thanks to everyone who has taken it (I think theres been about 40 of you). Funnily enough, there's only 1 female respondent. Playdip is apparently a bit of a sausage fest. :lol:
numberwang1

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 02 Dec 2016, 07:08

numberwang1 wrote:Thanks to everyone who has taken it (I think theres been about 40 of you). Funnily enough, there's only 1 female respondent. Playdip is apparently a bit of a sausage fest. :lol:

Sadly, Diplomacy players are predominantly male. Relative to the number of people that play, very few women are involved in the hobby, likely to it's detriment. My understanding is that it's a problem the larger board gaming community in general has, but is especially present in Dip (although I haven't seen any reliable statistical analysis done, I'm just going off of anecdotal evidence). It's not so much playdip is a sausage fest, as Dip in general is a sausage fest.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1389
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Off-topic