aSoIaF: The Winds of Winter Predictions - SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Anything you want to talk about.

Re: aSoIaF: The Winds of Winter Predictions - SPOILERS AHEAD

Postby sjg11 » 21 Jun 2019, 13:55

I love that this thread was started 5 years ago and the damn book still hasn't been finished yet.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Fatmo » 27 Jun 2019, 02:30

sjg11 wrote:I love that this thread was started 5 years ago and the damn book still hasn't been finished yet.

And that only slightly less time had elapsed between when the last book came out and when this thread started. It's like the mindfuck of being able to say that ancient Egypt was just as ancient to the Roman Empire as the Roman Empire is to us.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby sjg11 » 04 Jul 2019, 15:25

Fatmo wrote:
sjg11 wrote:I love that this thread was started 5 years ago and the damn book still hasn't been finished yet.

And that only slightly less time had elapsed between when the last book came out and when this thread started. It's like the mindfuck of being able to say that ancient Egypt was just as ancient to the Roman Empire as the Roman Empire is to us.

Well the start of ancient Egypt was. The Romans would have thought of ancient Egypt differently to how we think about ancient Egypt as late ancient Egypt would likely have just been Egypt to them.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby musashisamurai » 04 Jul 2019, 16:27

sjg11 wrote:
Fatmo wrote:

Well the start of ancient Egypt was. The Romans would have thought of ancient Egypt differently to how we think about ancient Egypt as late ancient Egypt would likely have just been Egypt to them.

I mean, Ancient Egypt has several phases. Sure, Ptolemaic Egypt is relatively 'recent' with respect to the Romans, but the older eras are much more mysterious and unknown to the Romans. In a more specific sense-more time passed between the building of the great pyramids of Egypt (2560BC) to Cleopatra (born 69BC, died 30C) than from the start of the Roman Empire to now.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 04 Jul 2019, 17:55

musashisamurai wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
Fatmo wrote:

I mean, Ancient Egypt has several phases. Sure, Ptolemaic Egypt is relatively 'recent' with respect to the Romans, but the older eras are much more mysterious and unknown to the Romans. In a more specific sense-more time passed between the building of the great pyramids of Egypt (2560BC) to Cleopatra (born 69BC, died 30C) than from the start of the Roman Empire to now.

I know, that's my point. People often think of ancient Egypt as one thing while the Romans would have viewed Ptolemaic Egypt (which is still Ancient Egypt) as modern.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby Fatmo » 04 Jul 2019, 19:05

Yea I meant the early parts and the old kingdom. When the Giza Pyramids were built.
Last edited by Fatmo on 04 Jul 2019, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby musashisamurai » 04 Jul 2019, 19:53

@sjg11

Sorry, I misread your comments but i agree with what you're saying now
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Previous

Return to Off-topic