aSoIaF: The Winds of Winter Predictions - SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Anything you want to talk about.

Re: aSoIaF: The Winds of Winter Predictions - SPOILERS AHEAD

Postby Uffington Horse » 08 Apr 2014, 05:51

What are you drinking Blackfish :lol:
Uffington Horse
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1056
All-game rating: 1211
Timezone: GMT+9

Postby Blackfish » 08 Apr 2014, 05:57

xavier77 wrote:What are you drinking Blackfish :lol:

It's not 2pm yet. My rule is that I don't drink before 2pm (most days). :lol:

As for that post, Idk haha
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
Blackfish

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby I Love Italy » 08 Apr 2014, 06:42

Blackfish wrote:

Maybe some lemon cakes would calm your palate?
I have special eyes.
I Love Italy

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1041)
All-game rating: (1059)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Blackfish » 08 Apr 2014, 09:17

I Love Italy wrote:
Blackfish wrote:

Maybe some lemon cakes would calm your palate?

Lemon cakes and a tankard of Dornish Wine please!
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
Blackfish

Timezone: GMT+10

Postby I Love Italy » 08 Apr 2014, 15:52

Aye, Dornish wine. Just stay away from the Dornishman's wife.
I have special eyes.
I Love Italy

Standard rating: (1041)
All-game rating: (1059)

Postby CosmicHobo » 18 Apr 2014, 23:48

I'm new, so hope you don't mind me adding in my thoughts on what's to come.

Jon will die and be revived by Melisandre, but his heritage (and being Azor Ahai) means he won't suffer the same reduction of himself that happened to Beric and Lady Stoneheart. However, the fact that he has actually died means that he's freed from his Night's Watch vow. He'll then lead the fight to destroy the Others once and for all, probably aided by things Bran and Samwell discover from their respective stores of knowledge, and eventually Daenarys and her dragons. By the end, I reckon the Wall will have been destroyed and the Night's Watch disbanded as it no longer has a purpose (though GRRM may then hint at the very end that the Others aren't completely finished)

There won't be an Iron Throne at the end of the series - the idea of trying to rule all the kingdoms as one doesn't seem to be working out very well for any of them, and the main lesson that Daenarys appears to have learned at Queen School is that it's not a very good job. We're often told that the Iron Throne was forged in dragonfire, and I think it will be destroyed by it as well.

Thanks to Mance Rayder, Jon (and the probable end of the Wall), there are going to be a lot more Free Folk making their way south and pointing out to the people of Westeros that they can live quite well without the feudal system and there'll likely be a major political upheaval underway by the end too, especially in the north where most of the noble houses will have been wiped out (except for the Manderlys, but they'll be too stuffed on Frey Pie to want to rule anyone).
CosmicHobo

Timezone: GMT

Postby musashisamurai » 03 May 2014, 22:30

Jon will definitely be revived, but I think itll be Bran and Bloodraven doing the reviving, and his being a warg will be what saves him. Reed will tell him his mother's and father's identity

The final king will be Jon or Tyrion-Dany will die in the war, with one of the others <-

Sansa betrays Littlefinger when she finds out Petyr killed Ned. Or more likely, Littlefinger
rapes her. He is that creepy after all

Arya returns to Westeros and kills Littlefinger, if he's not dead yet, and others on her hitlist.

Dany kills Aegon-who turns out to be fake, but she doesnt actually know that then.

Who else? Oh yeah, Rickon returns and becomes Lord of winterfell, but is extremely savage, like wildlings are thought to be, and like the original Starks.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Stanislaw » 07 May 2014, 00:51

musashisamurai wrote:Jon will definitely be revived, but I think itll be Bran and Bloodraven doing the reviving, and his being a warg will be what saves him. Reed will tell him his mother's and father's identity

I would see that being possible if Bran was close by/had fully developed his powers, but he's no where close to fully understanding his powers/purpose yet and I think he's just too far away, which is why it may have to be Melisandre.
When you play the game of thrones you win, or you die, there is no middle ground.

Platinum member of the Classicists
Stanislaw

Standard rating: (1434)
All-game rating: (1484)

Postby musashisamurai » 07 May 2014, 02:48

Stanislaw wrote:
musashisamurai wrote:Jon will definitely be revived, but I think itll be Bran and Bloodraven doing the reviving, and his being a warg will be what saves him. Reed will tell him his mother's and father's identity

I would see that being possible if Bran was close by/had fully developed his powers, but he's no where close to fully understanding his powers/purpose yet and I think he's just too far away, which is why it may have to be Melisandre.

I think itll be them (Bloodraven can definitely do it though) because Jon has been refusing Melisandre and R'hllor. It'll be the Old Gods, IMAO, who heal him.

Also the Bran chapters stop halfway through Dance, so we have no clue how far he is, and if Jon is taken near a heart tree (which is near Castle Black) stuff coukd happen.

I admit though, i'm biased against Melisandre.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Postby Fatmo » 19 Jun 2019, 07:17

Uffington Horse wrote:I always thought that Bran might end up king

:lol:
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic