aSoIaF: The Winds of Winter Predictions - SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Anything you want to talk about.

aSoIaF: The Winds of Winter Predictions - SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Postby Blackfish » 09 Feb 2014, 14:12

SPOILERS AHEAD!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ ALL OF GEORGE R.R. MARTIN'S A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE SERIES UP UNTIL THE VERY, VERY LAST PAGE OF A DANCE WITH DRAGONS!!
IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS SEASON 4 OF GAME OF THRONES, GO HERE
Stop scrolling if you haven't read them all. You'll hate yourself for it. There are no more funny images below this point, just horrible, horrible life-ruining spoilers.
SERIOUSLY, THOUGH. THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!!!!
And, begin: what are your predictions for George R.R. Martin's next aSoIaF book: The Winds of Winter, set for release in February, 2057AD.

I'll come in and post my predictions tomorrow morning. There should be some posts here by then, this site seems to have a pretty strong aSoIaF following.

For those that ignore my warning:
Jon Snow gets stabbed to death at the end of Dance. Can't say I didn't warn you.
Yes, my prediction is that he survives, but you should have seen the look on your face, person who ignored my warning
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
Blackfish

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: aSoIaF: The Winds of Winter Predictions - SPOILERS AHEAD

Postby connect4 » 09 Feb 2014, 15:19

Jon Snow gets stabbed to death at the end of Dance. Can't say I didn't warn you.

I believe your statement is not completely true, but that is just me.
connect4

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1042)
All-game rating: (1012)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Thumpington » 09 Feb 2014, 17:57

melissandra will revive/save Jon from death, that's my guess.. maybe he will be Azor ahai reborn?
Fortune Favours The Flexible.
Thumpington

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1650)
All-game rating: (1796)
Timezone: GMT

Postby I Love Italy » 09 Feb 2014, 19:02

My guess is that he will be Azor Ahai reborn. This will create a conflict with Stannis, and lead to a feud between them. However, they will still work together for one last assault on the Others (venturing into the realm of A Dream of Spring), where the feud will lead to Stannis' death. Jon will kill the leader of the Others. This will lead to the Wall being obsolete so Jon is no longer bound by his oath. At this point his royal heritage (son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen) will be revealed, and he will ascend the Iron Throne. By this time Aegon and Dany will have perished, with one (probably Dany) defeating the other in battle, claiming the Iron Throne, then being assassinated.

Sorry if that went into book 7, but I can't make predictions about just the next book, simply the direction the series will take over the last two (hopefully) books. Also, I am genuinely afraid of G.R.R.M. passing on before he finishes the series. At least he has left notes for how the series will end with the T.V. producers, so we'll be able to the culmination on the show if nothing else.
I have special eyes.
I Love Italy

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1041)
All-game rating: (1059)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Thumpington » 09 Feb 2014, 19:41

My guess is that he will be Azor Ahai reborn. This will create a conflict with Stannis, and lead to a feud between them. However, they will still work together for one last assault on the Others (venturing into the realm of A Dream of Spring), where the feud will lead to Stannis' death. Jon will kill the leader of the Others. This will lead to the Wall being obsolete so Jon is no longer bound by his oath. At this point his royal heritage (son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen) will be revealed, and he will ascend the Iron Throne. By this time Aegon and Dany will have perished, with one (probably Dany) defeating the other in battle, claiming the Iron Throne, then being assassinated.

This is pretty much spot on as to what I think will happen (maybe a little different with regards to the two targaryens tho). Who will Jon end up with... Dany, Arianne, Asha

Jon has to be the son of Lyanna and aegon, the reeds must be aware of this fact as their father is the only living survivor from the fight before ned found Lyanna in the bed of blood.

Although I would love to see the ironborn conquer and rule all westeros, killing off all the other great houses and controlling the dragons with that magical horn. This will never happen but that's my dream of spring.

Another part I hope is revealed is the link between the measters and their role with regards to the disappearance of dragons (prior to danys 3). And what is Jaqen's real mission???
Fortune Favours The Flexible.
Thumpington

Standard rating: (1650)
All-game rating: (1796)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Stanislaw » 09 Feb 2014, 20:11

I believe in the prediction a lot of people agree with-Jon is Azor Ahai, he'll defeat the others and his heritage as Jon Targaryen son of Rheagar and Lyanna will be revealed, and he will either end up on the Iron throne by himself of as Dany's husband.

What I find more interesting is the plots we don't know as much about. Like what is Baelish up to? He clearly as a big plan involving Sansa becoming the heir to the North and the Vale, but how that connects to his plan to get as much power as he can is unclear.

The other big one is what's happening in Oldtown? We've only had tiny spinets of what is going on there, with the prologue to Feast for Crows revealing something big is happening there, plus with Sam there we now have a PoV character in Oldtown. Plus Jaquen probably being there complicates things.

Then there's the immediate events in King's Landing. With Kevan dead it's going to be Mace and his allies like Randyll Tarly verses Cersei, not a good combination given they now have Aegon to worry about, though ultimately I believe Aegon made a mistake in not waiting for Dany and will die before she arrives.

The big question with Aegon though is will Dorne finally join the war and muster to his side? Hard to believe they would leave the son of Elia to to face the Lannisters and Tyrells alone.

Then lastly there are the Grejoys. Euron clearly is up to something and may get close to getting Dany's dragons, though ultimately that will fail. He certainly does make things much more difficult for the Tyrell/Lannister alliance due to his invasion of the Reach.

Overall we have a few plot arcs I feel we can be pretty sure as to what is going on, like with Jon Snow and others where we barely have a clue, like the events in Oldtown. I just hope the Winds of Winter comes out before the end of the decade..
When you play the game of thrones you win, or you die, there is no middle ground.

Platinum member of the Classicists
Stanislaw

Standard rating: (1434)
All-game rating: (1484)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Fatmo » 09 Feb 2014, 21:00

Marking this so I can easily find it later...
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

Postby Zadaron » 12 Feb 2014, 15:02

I happened upon some old PMs between me and Blackfish, which kinda answers this question (in a humorous tone):

Blackfish wrote:or you could join me in endlessly petitioning GRRM himself to finish The Winds of Winter soon!!
On second thoughts, don't. Wouldn't want him to rush it. This could result in a chain of events like this:

Warning: Spoilers. I really hope you mean it when you say you've read the whole series...
Early deadline causes GRRM to stress
Stress needs to be vented somewhere
GRRM decides "fuck it, everyone dies"
Mereen coup d'etat fails, Barristan is executed.
Khal Jhaqo kills Drogon and Dany for the fun of it with hordes of archers.
Tyrion catches a disease and dies, along with Jorah, who dies of something shitty like heatstroke in the Ghiscari desert.
Sansa slips and falls off a cliff into the Vale.
Petyr gets stabbed by one of those Lords from the Vale after he is deemed 'not worthy' of ruling the Vale.
Theon dies of frostbite.
Ramsay Bolton kills Stannis and his army. Later, he assassinates his father and becomes Warden of the North, torture murdering everyone.
Cersei becomes queen regent again, just as Jaime gets hung by bandits, along with Brienne (again)
The Sand Snakes all get exposed as spies by Cersei and sentenced to death. They die.
The Tyrells all make peace with the Lannisters after the Father appears and Mace Tyrell feels inspired or some crap like that.
The new Tyrell-Lannister army invades Dorne and stab-murders everyone, including the Martell family.

Did I forget to kill anyone?
Oh yes
Jon Snow actually dies from his stab wounds.
Ghost dies when he tries to defend Jon.
There is a cave in in the cave where Bran and the Reeds are. Everyone dies.
The real horn of Joramun is found by some peasant who blows it for fun, not knowing what it is, and the wall comes crashing down.
The Others swarm through, with hundreds of thousands of wights and they kill everyone in Westeros, except what is left of Dorne.
The people left in Dorne decide that Westeros just ain't worth it and move back to Essos.
THE END.

And in the next book, A Dream of Spring, the fiery comet mentioned in the series turns out to be a colossal asteroid that hits the World of Ice and Fire and everything goes extinct.
THE REAL END.

Okay, that is why we should not press GRRM. Just sayin'.

Zadaron wrote:You forgot about:
Rickon (If he's even still alive, whatever he's up to): Feasted upon by Skagosi cannibals.
Young Griff/Aegon VI Targaryen: Wins battle after battle against superior forces through his tactical prowess. When he hears that Danaerys is dead, he betrothes Arianne Martell. Then he conquers some petty lord, falls in love with, and marries his daughter. Jon Connington is upset and slaps the king. His petrified hand cuts Aegon on the cheeck and infects him with Greyscale. Also he marries off someone else to Arianne, but at the wedding the Martells poison everyone.

Blackfish wrote:I forgot Arya. She is out on a faceless man mission to kill some corrupt Noble in bravos when she is discovered and the guards rush to her. She takes down 77 before she is overwhelmed. She had to go out with the coolest death.
Genghis Khan wrote:The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters
Zadaron

Standard rating: (991)
All-game rating: (1416)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Blackfish » 12 Feb 2014, 22:58

Zadaron wrote:I happened upon some old PMs between me and Blackfish, which kinda answers this question (in a humorous tone):

Blackfish wrote:or you could join me in endlessly petitioning GRRM himself to finish The Winds of Winter soon!!
On second thoughts, don't. Wouldn't want him to rush it. This could result in a chain of events like this:

Warning: Spoilers. I really hope you mean it when you say you've read the whole series...
Early deadline causes GRRM to stress
Stress needs to be vented somewhere
GRRM decides "fuck it, everyone dies"
Mereen coup d'etat fails, Barristan is executed.
Khal Jhaqo kills Drogon and Dany for the fun of it with hordes of archers.
Tyrion catches a disease and dies, along with Jorah, who dies of something shitty like heatstroke in the Ghiscari desert.
Sansa slips and falls off a cliff into the Vale.
Petyr gets stabbed by one of those Lords from the Vale after he is deemed 'not worthy' of ruling the Vale.
Theon dies of frostbite.
Ramsay Bolton kills Stannis and his army. Later, he assassinates his father and becomes Warden of the North, torture murdering everyone.
Cersei becomes queen regent again, just as Jaime gets hung by bandits, along with Brienne (again)
The Sand Snakes all get exposed as spies by Cersei and sentenced to death. They die.
The Tyrells all make peace with the Lannisters after the Father appears and Mace Tyrell feels inspired or some crap like that.
The new Tyrell-Lannister army invades Dorne and stab-murders everyone, including the Martell family.

Did I forget to kill anyone?
Oh yes
Jon Snow actually dies from his stab wounds.
Ghost dies when he tries to defend Jon.
There is a cave in in the cave where Bran and the Reeds are. Everyone dies.
The real horn of Joramun is found by some peasant who blows it for fun, not knowing what it is, and the wall comes crashing down.
The Others swarm through, with hundreds of thousands of wights and they kill everyone in Westeros, except what is left of Dorne.
The people left in Dorne decide that Westeros just ain't worth it and move back to Essos.
THE END.

And in the next book, A Dream of Spring, the fiery comet mentioned in the series turns out to be a colossal asteroid that hits the World of Ice and Fire and everything goes extinct.
THE REAL END.

Okay, that is why we should not press GRRM. Just sayin'.

Zadaron wrote:You forgot about:
Rickon (If he's even still alive, whatever he's up to): Feasted upon by Skagosi cannibals.
Young Griff/Aegon VI Targaryen: Wins battle after battle against superior forces through his tactical prowess. When he hears that Danaerys is dead, he betrothes Arianne Martell. Then he conquers some petty lord, falls in love with, and marries his daughter. Jon Connington is upset and slaps the king. His petrified hand cuts Aegon on the cheeck and infects him with Greyscale. Also he marries off someone else to Arianne, but at the wedding the Martells poison everyone.

Blackfish wrote:I forgot Arya. She is out on a faceless man mission to kill some corrupt Noble in bravos when she is discovered and the guards rush to her. She takes down 77 before she is overwhelmed. She had to go out with the coolest death.

Hahaha I completely forgot about that!
"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war." - Plutarch

Game History
Blackfish

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby Fatmo » 13 Feb 2014, 02:51

Thumpington wrote:melissandra will revive/save Jon from death, that's my guess.. maybe he will be Azor ahai reborn?

While we all know Jon will come back somehow, I hope it's not like this, or at least not like the other two times we've see a red priest revive someone from death. When Beric kept getting revived by Thoros, he steadily lost more and more of himself and was forgetting who he really was. He still tried to keep to his mission though, but when he gave his life to bring Cat back, she turned out to be, well, Stoneheart. It remains to be seen what the effect will be from Vic getting his infected arm becoming some kind of super arm at the hands of his red priest.

I'd rather see some kind of situation where the stabs turned out to not be fatal, and that he either gets put on ice until he recovers or perhaps wargs into Ghost while he's in a coma or something. Lol, I don't wan't Mel's taint on Jon. Let the old gods take care of him.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

Next

Return to Off-topic