Need help!!!

Anything you want to talk about.

Need help!!!

Postby wolf1234 » 01 Feb 2020, 15:26

I need to build Turkey in game 164926 (winter 1900, chaos, fog of war).

However, I am color blinded and do not see in what countries I should build.

Please let me know.
wolf1234
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 787
All-game rating: 1072
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Need help!!!

Postby V » 01 Feb 2020, 16:54

wolf1234 wrote:I need to build Turkey in game 164926 (winter 1900, chaos, fog of war).

However, I am color blinded and do not see in what countries I should build.

Please let me know.

You’ll have a problem with this request, despite it being apparently completely justified. It’s not allowed to discuss on going games on this forum & it’s also not allowed to have a second person “schooling” a participant in an ongoing game.
I sadly don’t have a solution, because outside help wouldn’t be permitted according to site rules, that don’t seem to accommodate this kind of colour blindness issue. I’m sure a moderator will get back to you & help as much as possible,

Best Regards V
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1718
All-game rating: 1754
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Pete the Great » 01 Feb 2020, 17:27

I do not have a game in build phase at the moment, but a quick guess, the game should not give you the option to build in a province you do not own. If the menu allows you to build, the order should not show up in orders submitted for refresh or finalize option. Can anyone with build options open in a game confirm if either of these conditions are true?

Also I seem to remember a post about turning on a mouse hover option for one of the varients that has a lot of colors. The hover from what I remember would tell you who's unit was in a province as well as who owns the province. When I have my laptop up later today, I will check this.

Final suggestion, anyone at home who can tell you the colors?
Pete the Great
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1052
All-game rating: 1062

Postby Pete the Great » 01 Feb 2020, 17:46

Interesting, with a mouse in a regular game hovering will tell me the name of the Province, who currently owns it and if a fleet or army is posted there, who it belongs to.
In fog hovering only tells me the name of the province and nothing else.

If you click the "My Account" in the upper right corner there is a check box for Game Display options. Checking the box will "Show territory / unit ownership details on hover". This will not solve your problem in fog games, but it will help you in non fog games.
Pete the Great
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1052
All-game rating: 1062

Postby Pope Pius IX » 01 Feb 2020, 17:55

It wasn't fog of war, but as a nation that wasn't Russia, I accidentally clicked on Moscow and was given the possibility of building an army there. I didn't click it, though.
Bronze Classicist.
Head of the Roman Catholic Church.
Pope Pius IX

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 980
All-game rating: 980
Timezone: GMT

Postby Mr.E » 01 Feb 2020, 20:57

Pope Pius IX wrote:It wasn't fog of war, but as a nation that wasn't Russia, I accidentally clicked on Moscow and was given the possibility of building an army there. I didn't click it, though.

This is a feature of the site, as I understand it. I'm not sure it is a good one, but... Players may want to enter deliberate errors in their orders, and therefore the option is included to order a build incorrectly, as there is the option to do this with other orders.

Being colourblind and playing FOW is going to be difficult, as was said above. The only thing you can do is keep a close track of those SCs you own that will allow you to build units in. In a standard FOW game, where you can only build in your home SCs, this isn't a problem. In a Chaos, or Build Anywhere game, it's more difficult. However, in Chaos I believe you can build in any SC you own? You'll need to keep track of that in the notes section of the game.

May be a little late now, of course...
Respect neither opinions nor beliefs; only respect the person and the right to express them.
Play by the rules but be ferocious.
Visit The Embassy, a Diplomacy blog.
Mr.E

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (966)
All-game rating: (1134)
Timezone: GMT

Postby wolf1234 » 01 Feb 2020, 23:11

The problem is solved.
Not your SC will not be in orders.

Thanks to all.