What are you reading?

Anything you want to talk about.

Re: What are you reading?

Postby Custer » 14 Oct 2022, 14:12

"Detroit" by Charlie LeDuff.

Educated Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese! And one more thing. Say ya to da U.P. eh!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Anchored in the Port of Charleston aboard my Pirate Ship the Minnie Pearl.
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 948
All-game rating: 1300
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby schocker » 18 Oct 2022, 18:34

Known and Unknown by Donald Rumsfeld. He writes well and it is an interesting read. It is a massive 700-plus pages and has some boring sections as I found the prison portion. The infighting between the State and DoD and the NSA is interesting whether you like the man or not.
Member of The Classicists
schocker

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1375)
All-game rating: (1371)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby JimHacker » 04 Dec 2022, 21:10

Interesting....I have finished so few books in the last 10 years, getting distracted halfway through. Still reading Shogun, still at the same place where I was in The Pillars of the Earth, about halfway through.

Once I finish Pillars my next read will likely be to finish Advise and Consent. I also have a couple very short (compared to Shogun) Tony Hillerman novels to read. Have any of you read him? His characters are officers in the Navajo Tribal Police.
JimHacker

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 909
All-game rating: 913

Postby JimHacker » 12 Dec 2022, 23:06

I added Getting Started in Mutual Funds to what I am reading. I've always been fascinated by investing. [actually I started a thread on investing books in this same forum.]
JimHacker

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 909
All-game rating: 913

Postby Custer » 13 Dec 2022, 01:00

The weekly "Whats happening in Charleston" rag.

:ugeek:

Custer
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's a dashing self portrait! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am still SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack! And behold the power of cheese! And one more thing. Say ya to da U.P. eh!
Custer
Premium Member

Location: Anchored in the Port of Charleston aboard my Pirate Ship the Minnie Pearl.
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 948
All-game rating: 1300

Previous

Return to Off-topic