Basic Information

Information on your account on Playdiplomacy.

Basic Information

Postby rick.leeds » 01 Apr 2015, 11:18

Registration - the User Agreement and Site Rules
When you registered with the site, you accepted the User Agreement. This is a 4-point list the says:
I promise that I will not play more than one account.
I promise I will not communicate in games outside of the game mechanisms.
I promise I will not ally based on who I know in the game.
I promise I will not carry grudges across games.

Breaking this agreement will lead to site management putting sanctions in place. Each part of the agreement is explained below.

Using Playdiplomacy.com implies that you will follow the site's rules. These can be found summarised on the game site and are presented in full in the Rules for Fair Play and Fair Use section of the Forum. Failure to follow these rules will lead to sanctions.

One Member, One Account
I promise that I will not play more than one account.
This rule is strictly enforced. There is never any reason to have more than one account with Playdiplomacy. Site management will disable additional accounts. The only exception to this is when an account is a Schools account.

Out-of-game Communication
I promise I will not communicate in games outside of the game mechanisms.
This applies to all Ranked and No Rank games, regardless of who is playing the game. Players must use the in-game systems to message each other.
In Friends and Schools category games we are not so keen on this as we expect people in these games to know each other.

Fair Play
I promise I will not ally based on who I know in the game.
I promise I will not carry grudges across games.
These two sections of the User Agreement are explained in the Site Rules section of the Forum.

Types of Account
There are two basic types of account - Premium and Non-Premium. These are both classed as 'personal' accounts. We also have 'Schools' accounts which are explained below.
Premium
You can purchase a Premium account here. The features included with a Premium account are also explained there. They are:
- Play up to 100 simultaneous games,
- Play games with variant rules,
- Play games on variant maps,
- Play Live games,
- Play games anonymously,
- Access Premium-only parts of the Forum and have the opportunity to play in tournaments,
- The same features as non-Premium accounts.

Non-Premium
You can always play for free. A non-Premium account allows you to:
- Play up to 3 Classic games simultaneously,
- Play Ranked, No Rank, Friends or Schools games,
- Play short-handed variants,
- Access the site's Forum,
- Support from the site's moderators.

Schools accounts
These accounts are different. A Schools account must have been created using the facility outlined under the 'Teachers' tab on the games site. These accounts have limits imposed on them:
- They can only access Schools games,
- They cannot access the Forum.
This is because they are not classed as a personal account. They are designed to allow students to use the site in games created by teachers.

A student that wishes to have a personal account is allowed to open one, an exception to the 'One member, one account' policy. This is only possible because Schools accounts do not have access to the site outside of Schools games.

It is important to note that your account is only an official Schools account if it was created as explained above. An account registered by a member to play in a Schools game that is not created using the Teachers facility, is classes as a personal account regardless of the games in which it plays.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Basic Information

Postby Trixius » 02 Nov 2016, 11:26

Out-of-game Communication:

Are you refering to chat programs like skype, Discord ect.?
Trixius

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby super_dipsy » 02 Nov 2016, 11:54

Trixius wrote:Out-of-game Communication:

Are you refering to chat programs like skype, Discord ect.?

Yes. They are OK in Friends and Schools games, but not in Rank or Norank games. The reason is that when accusations of cheating come up, it is important that the Mods can see the communications that have happened in the game.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931

Postby Trixius » 02 Nov 2016, 15:23

ok
Trixius

All-game rating: (1000)