Please introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better!

Postby SilkRPGx » 24 Sep 2020, 20:55

Hiya's :)

I was introduced to this site by the DM for my Starfinder game over at RPG Crossing. He bragged about winning a solo game while playing as Austria, so I checked this site out. It looked interesting, so I decided to give it a try.

The closest I can say I've come to playing a game like this is the Axis and Allies board game. :P

A little about me. I love Star Wars and Fallout. I also like reading and roleplaying. On the reading side, I'm currently halfway through all 300+ Star Wars books and have been at it for over two years now. On the roleplaying side, I am trying to learn the finer points of Shadowrun 5e, which is a hot mess. Someone needed to learn how to edit before hitting the submit button. :D

Looking forward to playing Diplomacy.

Silk

Edit: Woot! It worked! Thanks, mods for helping me with my login issue :D
SilkRPGx

Re: New Member

Postby Perygl » 25 Sep 2020, 04:08

Welcome, Silk! You must know more about the Star Wars universe than any other human now living. Very cool!

I hope you have fun here! It's a friendly site... when people aren't stabbing you, that is.
Once I was tipsy and I was doing magic and I broke a salt shaker.
Perygl
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1002
All-game rating: 888
Timezone: GMT-4

Postby SilkRPGx » 25 Sep 2020, 09:21

Not everything. Memory's never been good and I have trouble remembering facts but I know some things :)

I can't wait to get into a game. Though I've read a few posts comparing Chess and Diplomacy and hope the games not too much like chess. I'm only middling at that game :P
SilkRPGx

Postby Strategus » 25 Sep 2020, 11:23

SilkRPGx wrote:Not everything. Memory's never been good and I have trouble remembering facts but I know some things :)

I can't wait to get into a game. Though I've read a few posts comparing Chess and Diplomacy and hope the games not too much like chess. I'm only middling at that game :P

It's like 3D chess. You'll be fine. Have fun! And welcone.
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1698
Timezone: GMT

Postby Guns of Brixton » 25 Sep 2020, 12:25

Just one word of warning - you need patience for this game. Both in getting into a game and getting it started and then, depending on what turn length you select, for how long a game takes and how long in between turns. It's more like a hobby sometimes and yet, you cannot let the slow pace lull you into forgetting about your responsibilities to enter your moves on time and to keep communicating.
Platinum Classicist
Channel Swimmer
Guns of Brixton
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1540
All-game rating: 1599
Timezone: GMT

Postby SilkRPGx » 25 Sep 2020, 19:13

Thanks for the advice :D
SilkRPGx

Postby ruffdove » 25 Sep 2020, 23:38

Hey Silk!

Same handle here as there -- easy to remember. Definitely try to get into a mentor game first, it was a huge help for me in both learning the game and learning this site. Have fun and perhaps I'll see you in a game some time.

ruff
ruffdove

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1583)
All-game rating: (1597)
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Players & Introductions