FCYOC: College of Mages

This subforum contains the currently active CYOC Variant

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

FCYOC: College of Mages

Postby sjg11 » 18 Mar 2019, 20:37

The Na'athari are opening a college of Mages in the City of Volkaan. The purpose of this college is to allow nations to pool resources to allow nations to gain access to more ambitious magical projects. The catch is that this information is then open to everyone who is a member of the college. Currently the facilities are being built and the college is operating out of the equivalent of the King's shed. If you would like to participate in this venture please post below. If you are already a member and would like to start a new project, please post below.

Members
Na'athar
Don-Orbon
Pirates
Some Tarachi factions
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18329
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: FCYOC: College of Mages

Postby mat.gopack » 19 Mar 2019, 20:35

There'd certainly be a number of Lifecrafters interested in such a venture - perhaps enough to commit the Towers at large to this. What kind of proposed projects are there?
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
User avatar
mat.gopack
 
Posts: 20736
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 23:40
Location: The Carolinas
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: FCYOC: College of Mages

Postby sjg11 » 19 Mar 2019, 20:38

mat.gopack wrote:There'd certainly be a number of Lifecrafters interested in such a venture - perhaps enough to commit the Towers at large to this. What kind of proposed projects are there?

Currently? None. Although feel free to propose some projects which I intend to do later this week.

It was created as a couple of nations wished to control the wind in naval battles which I felt was obscenely unfair if one nation had it but potentially doable if it could be performed by multiple nations. It's basically the place where your most powerful and dangerous magics can be learned and employed.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18329
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: FCYOC: College of Mages

Postby Subotai45 » 19 Mar 2019, 20:39

Some members of the society will attend
User avatar
Subotai45
 
Posts: 12449
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:55
Location: Pitt
All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-9

Re: FCYOC: College of Mages

Postby sjg11 » 19 Mar 2019, 20:40

Subotai45 wrote:Some members of the society will attend

Delighted to hear it. We promise that none of the Society shall be eaten this time...
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18329
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: FCYOC: College of Mages

Postby Subotai45 » 19 Mar 2019, 20:42

Only the Really Brave ones are going this time and they're in short supply, the Society being a remarkably peaceful nation.
User avatar
Subotai45
 
Posts: 12449
Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 22:55
Location: Pitt
All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-9

Re: FCYOC: College of Mages

Postby beadsman » 19 Mar 2019, 20:43

I'm not really sure what I could contribute, to be honest. Nidavellir doesn't really have mages, per se.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
User avatar
beadsman
 
Posts: 2089
Joined: 05 Oct 2014, 22:33
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: FCYOC: College of Mages

Postby mat.gopack » 19 Mar 2019, 20:44

sjg11 wrote:
mat.gopack wrote:There'd certainly be a number of Lifecrafters interested in such a venture - perhaps enough to commit the Towers at large to this. What kind of proposed projects are there?

Currently? None. Although feel free to propose some projects which I intend to do later this week.

It was created as a couple of nations wished to control the wind in naval battles which I felt was obscenely unfair if one nation had it but potentially doable if it could be performed by multiple nations. It's basically the place where your most powerful and dangerous magics can be learned and employed.

Fair enough. Well, the Towers will join for any non-Lifecrafting magic being done.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
User avatar
mat.gopack
 
Posts: 20736
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 23:40
Location: The Carolinas
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: FCYOC: College of Mages

Postby sjg11 » 19 Mar 2019, 22:44

mat.gopack wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
mat.gopack wrote:There'd certainly be a number of Lifecrafters interested in such a venture - perhaps enough to commit the Towers at large to this. What kind of proposed projects are there?

Currently? None. Although feel free to propose some projects which I intend to do later this week.

It was created as a couple of nations wished to control the wind in naval battles which I felt was obscenely unfair if one nation had it but potentially doable if it could be performed by multiple nations. It's basically the place where your most powerful and dangerous magics can be learned and employed.

Fair enough. Well, the Towers will join for any non-Lifecrafting magic being done.

Noted, we hope your contribution will be worthwhile.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18329
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: FCYOC: College of Mages

Postby jpstreetman » 20 Mar 2019, 05:29

Some Urakan illusionists and divines would like to attend.
jpstreetman
 
Posts: 135
Joined: 02 Feb 2019, 03:09

Next

Return to Current Variant

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest