Event #4: Unrest in Tarach!

This subforum contains the currently active CYOC Variant

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: Event #4: Unrest in Tarach!

Postby Furycane » 29 Mar 2019, 19:45

Queen of Meiltara in the Fantasy CYOC!

UFO Fever wrote:Furycane is Exhibit A of why the 3 quote limit is a thing.

Zoomzip wrote:I kinda thought it was an impressive tour de force of snarky bardism.
Furycane

Postby Furycane » 29 Mar 2019, 20:14

Also, Telleo forgot to point out that I agreed to withdraw my troops from the captured Dwarrowmere fort.

Zoomzip wrote:I kinda thought it was an impressive tour de force of snarky bardism.
Furycane

Postby Telleo » 29 Mar 2019, 20:14

Furycane wrote:Image
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Postby mat.gopack » 29 Mar 2019, 21:50

Just a procedural question, first - are we considering this to have taken place within ~1 year of the posting of the conflict (which would be ~4 years ago from the current year of the game), or just ending now?
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Furycane » 29 Mar 2019, 22:11

mat.gopack wrote:Just a procedural question, first - are we considering this to have taken place within ~1 year of the posting of the conflict (which would be ~4 years ago from the current year of the game), or just ending now?

I think the plan is to have had the war last the full four years, assuming minor fights happened other than the adjudicated ones, although I'm not sure. I'll double check with Telleo when I see him. If so, the adjudicated fights would occur at the end of the war.

Furycane

Postby Keirador » 29 Mar 2019, 23:51

Telleo wrote:
'Cane and Telleo both officially recognize the rights of the migrating orcs, controlled be Keirador, to settle in the territory between Urak, Tarach, and the sea. They also formally recognize the creation of an orcish nation in the mountains of the Na'athari kingdom, and the right of the orcs to hold the fortified lands in the south of the Delwar plains.

Furthermore, orc tribes are officially being welcomed into the Dwarrowmere clan, able to continue their tribal living in parallel to the Elvish tribes. In addition, a small portion of the western mountains have been entirely ceded by the Dwarrowmere, for any orcs who wish to take up new mountain homes, but do not wish to join the Tarachi.

Huh. Not backstabbed? O. . . okay. Great. Heh. (Glances around nervously.)

Non-pastoral tribes led by Matron Galdris of House Aaklyn happily relocate; 50,000 strong. Matron Galdris herself represents these Orcs at the New Tarachi Council.

Another 15,000 pastoralists remain in the plains between Urak and the sea, and eagerly await the signing of a mutual defense agreement with whatever entity emerges from the New Tarachi Council.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Furycane » 30 Mar 2019, 01:01

Keirador wrote:
Telleo wrote:
'Cane and Telleo both officially recognize the rights of the migrating orcs, controlled be Keirador, to settle in the territory between Urak, Tarach, and the sea. They also formally recognize the creation of an orcish nation in the mountains of the Na'athari kingdom, and the right of the orcs to hold the fortified lands in the south of the Delwar plains.

Furthermore, orc tribes are officially being welcomed into the Dwarrowmere clan, able to continue their tribal living in parallel to the Elvish tribes. In addition, a small portion of the western mountains have been entirely ceded by the Dwarrowmere, for any orcs who wish to take up new mountain homes, but do not wish to join the Tarachi.

Huh. Not backstabbed? O. . . okay. Great. Heh. (Glances around nervously.)

Non-pastoral tribes led by Matron Galdris of House Aaklyn happily relocate; 50,000 strong. Matron Galdris herself represents these Orcs at the New Tarachi Council.

Another 15,000 pastoralists remain in the plains between Urak and the sea, and eagerly await the signing of a mutual defense agreement with whatever entity emerges from the New Tarachi Council.

Has anyone ever told you that your signature is like, super creepy AF?

Just curious.

Furycane

Postby Keirador » 30 Mar 2019, 01:28

Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Postby Furycane » 30 Mar 2019, 01:34

Presenting, A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure of My Reaction .gifs:

Furycane

Postby Keirador » 30 Mar 2019, 01:36

It's from an old Mafia game that was, at the time, the best town performance I'd ever put in. The game was themed/flavored with the comedy/horror podcast Welcome to Night Vale, which I'd never heard of before the game, and loved. I largely tried to stay in character and got to make insane posts like this:
Hello citizens of Night Vale! Together we have set a historic precedent: the election of the first Faceless-American to higher office! I have not been so proud to be an American since gently editing the Constitution while I lived in James Madison's home. (Secretly, of course—by the way, I tried to take out all those commas in the Second Amendment, and he put them back in. He wanted the commas. I tried my best.)

The election is historic in another way: my opponent Marcus Vanston appears to have become an angel during the election. I would like to extend my congratulations—I would like to, but cannot. The City Council, chanting in unison and in otherworldly tones, have clearly announced that my election does not change the policy that it is illegal to believe angels exist, and as such, acknowledging the angel Marcus Vanston is thought crime. Moving on.

I fully intend to fulfill the campaign promises I whispered to you all while you slept. You may not recall exactly what they were, but somewhere down deep, a part of you knows. A part of you has always known. When you see the single crow's feather, you will remember. Or not.

To celebrate my election and fulfill my first campaign promise to you, there will be a bonfire this evening at which we will burn all the ugly shirts. So, so many ugly shirts. No need to bring anything, I have them on the pyre already.

And we have something more to celebrate! As we all know, in the first official night of my Mayorship, we brutally and barbarously ripped apart Big Rico in a fit off mindless and terrifying bloodlust, and luckily for our legal status, the majority of our Chanting Voices were correct in thinking him a Strex Corp fleshbot! If we're being honest with ourselves, fellow citizens, we probably should have realized something was wrong with Big Rico when he started saucing his pizzas with motor oil and serving fried gearshafts instead of breadsticks. Frankly, those of you with faces really should have noticed that sooner. It's all the same to me. But as your Mayor and secret roommate, I pledge to be more vigilant in spotting Night Vale citizens regularly stocking their fridge with motor oil. Since we have reason to believe all fleshbots are aware of each other's identities, I will direct our Sheriff to have the Secret Police monitor Big Rico's communications, but if we truly want to rid our town of Strex Corp, we cannot rely on the Secret Police or brave Tamika Flynn's terrifying army or those tall beings that, as angels, we may not even legally think about. We must work ourselves to discover who Big Rico, or rather Big Rico's fleshbot replacement, was in league with. The Mayor's office is launching particular investigations into Steve Carlsberg, thought-crime instigator angel Marcus Vanston, and even our former Mayor, Pamela Winchell. Should any of them survive the night, of course.

Speaking of our former Mayor, it may not surprise many of you to learn that in appointing a Sheriff, she reached out to the one person, or person-like entity, or former person, who has been closest to her all her life. Yes, it was I, the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives in Your Home, who served the public as Sheriff yesterday. I directed my Secret Police to bring John Peters, You Know, The Farmer, into protective custody, to keep him safe. He will be recuperating from protective custody at the Night Vale Community Hospital. At this time he could really use your thoughts, prayers, blood and tissue donations. Parts of him are expected to make a full recovery. I expect a full transcript of his protective enhanced interrogation by my own appointed Sheriff, former Mayor Pamela Winchell, will be posted at the City Hall website, as soon as we've got the WiFi password.

That is all for now. Once again fair citizens of Night Vale, I thank you for your support, your continued efforts against Strex Corp, your WiFi passwords, and your highlighter, which I ate during the election. Sorry about that, I was nervous. I will replace it with a single crow's feather.
Keirador

PreviousNext

Return to Current Variant