Event #4: Unrest in Tarach!

This subforum contains the currently active CYOC Variant

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Event #4: Unrest in Tarach!

Postby Furycane » 11 Mar 2019, 08:54

Treachery!

As evening settles on the city of Tarach, Archon Telleo is looking over the newly-finalized trade deal with the Na'athari. Suddenly, the doors to his private study are kicked open. He comes to his feet in surprise as armored guards enter the room, wielding weapons unlike any Tarachi craftsman could make. "What is the meaning of this?" he shouts, but the guards level their weapons at him.

"By the order of Archon Furycane, you are hereby under arrest on suspicion of aiding the Dwarrowmere rebels." Ignoring his protests of innocence, the guards drag the Archon away to a nice, cold prison cell.

In the morning, chaos reigns in the city. Archon Furycane makes an appearance to the crowd, sharing information given to her by "an unnamed source" that implicated Archon Telleo in instigating the current rebellion in the Dwarrowmere clan. Sources within the capitol suggest that some of the ruling council has been imprisoned alongside the other Archon, and other councilors are... curiously missing. One such counselor from the Sethhaire clan appears to have left in a hurry, and on her way out dropped a message on a scroll. The message itself is in indecipherable code, but the letter is sealed with a familiar wax emblem; a triangle with two dots in it and a U drawn underneath it.

As rioting breaks out in the city, elves that once considered each other neighbors find themselves suddenly divided along clan lines. The city guard does its best to suppress the violence, but many are injured, and a great amount of damage is inflicted on the city, particularly upon Dwarrowmere- and Morraine-owned businesses.
Queen of Meiltara in the Fantasy CYOC!

UFO Fever wrote:Furycane is Exhibit A of why the 3 quote limit is a thing.

Zoomzip wrote:I kinda thought it was an impressive tour de force of snarky bardism.
Furycane

Re: Event #4: Unrest in Tarach!

Postby Telleo » 11 Mar 2019, 09:06

((OOC: Son of a...))

The Dwarrowmere Clan was not in revolt. Not yet. They merely called up their militia to defend against federal encroachment on their sovereignty. But when news comes in that the Archon responsible for representing the interests of the highland clans has been taken into custody, there is a flurry of activity. The Dwarrowmere council calls a meeting, and within hours of the news arriving, they have released a formal declaration, dissolving their bonds with the Tarachi Federation, and calling for the other three clans of the highlands, the Morchai, Mirromai, and Morraine, to join them in a new nation that will respect tribal individuality.

Small skirmishes take place nearly immediately, as Dwarrowmere forces occupy forts and strong points along the entrances to their territory, preparing to fend off an invasion... if necessary, for years. If necessary, alone. No major action yet occurs, as the newly formed federal Tarach forces are located too far away in the capital to immediately counter.

The other three clans are in major upheaval. Council meetings are called, and most are heavily divided between loyalty to their allied clan, and loyalty to the Federation. None of the other three yet declare independence.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Postby mat.gopack » 11 Mar 2019, 17:18

The unrest in Tarach is worrying to many in our cities - as a close location by sea, Tarach has been an important trading market for many merchants. Debate over the situation, and over whether or not to intervene in any way, are beginning to be heard in the two coastal cities.

As of yet, none of the Councils of Life have made an official declaration.
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Furycane » 11 Mar 2019, 17:45

As the day breaks, a celebration is underway in the capitol. The riots of the previous week are over, though not forgotten. An uneasy peace settles on the town as the citizens gather by the docks. After two years of hard labor and design, trial and retrial, at long last, the first Tarachi Federation Caravel is ready to launch. Designed to sail deep water easily, the new ship will bring Tarachi economic influence across the world, and can defend itself against pirate attacks with some skill.

At least, that was the plan.

As the ship pulls out of the harbor for its maiden voyage, a great tour of flame bursts up from its deck. The cheering bystanders start to scream as the shockwave tears through the vessels sails. A blazing mast topples, and burning crew members can be seen leaping overboard. Within minutes, the ship is nothing more than a charred hulk.

Hours later, Archon Furycane appears before the remaining members of the council. She makes an impassioned speech to the councilors, blaming the attack on the Dwarrowmere and their sympathizers, and requests broad power to pacify the mountainous region. Deliberations last mere minutes, and the following morning, the Tarachi armed forces marshal outside the gates of Tarach to march on the Dwarrowmere lands.

The first attack comes against a well-fortified outpost. 400 Dwarrowmere warriors, well entrenched, are assaulted by nearly 2,000 Federation soldiers, with the full 1,000 Tarach Guard acting as a reserve force.

(Ooc: can someone adjudicate that attack please? The Federation troops are not as well-trained as the Dwarrowmere, but have the advantage of enchanted Nidavellir weapons, and of course numbers. The Tarach Guard are elite soldiers, similarly equipped. The Dwarrowmere should have siege engines, good provisions, and a defensible position from which to fight.)

Zoomzip wrote:I kinda thought it was an impressive tour de force of snarky bardism.
Furycane

Postby mat.gopack » 11 Mar 2019, 17:53

(Since this is internal so far, you do have the option of declaring what happens. But if you and Telleo want to have someone judge that fight, I assume sjg would be able to - or if you want, I could do it as well)

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Postby Telleo » 11 Mar 2019, 18:05

mat.gopack wrote:(Since this is internal so far, you do have the option of declaring what happens. But if you and Telleo want to have someone judge that fight, I assume sjg would be able to - or if you want, I could do it as well)

(Aside from the general agreed-upon storyline, Furycane and I aren't coordinating specific actions, so having outside adjudicators for the fights would be nice, if you don't mind.)
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Postby mat.gopack » 11 Mar 2019, 18:07

Telleo wrote:
mat.gopack wrote:(Since this is internal so far, you do have the option of declaring what happens. But if you and Telleo want to have someone judge that fight, I assume sjg would be able to - or if you want, I could do it as well)

(Aside from the general agreed-upon storyline, Furycane and I aren't coordinating specific actions, so having outside adjudicators for the fights would be nice, if you don't mind.)

Sure then, I'd be willing to adjudicate the fights if you want me to then :) )

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Postby Furycane » 11 Mar 2019, 18:54

mat.gopack wrote:
Telleo wrote:

Sure then, I'd be willing to adjudicate the fights if you want me to then :) )

:D

Furycane

Postby beadsman » 11 Mar 2019, 19:08

The Kingdom of Nidavellir wishes to make clear that we do not support either faction in this conflict, but do attest to the quality of our craftsmanship.
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)

Postby mat.gopack » 11 Mar 2019, 19:26

Furycane wrote:Hours later, Archon Furycane appears before the remaining members of the council. She makes an impassioned speech to the councilors, blaming the attack on the Dwarrowmere and their sympathizers, and requests broad power to pacify the mountainous region. Deliberations last mere minutes, and the following morning, the Tarachi armed forces marshal outside the gates of Tarach to march on the Dwarrowmere lands.

The first attack comes against a well-fortified outpost. 400 Dwarrowmere warriors, well entrenched, are assaulted by nearly 2,000 Federation soldiers, with the full 1,000 Tarach Guard acting as a reserve force.

(Ooc: can someone adjudicate that attack please? The Federation troops are not as well-trained as the Dwarrowmere, but have the advantage of enchanted Nidavellir weapons, and of course numbers. The Tarach Guard are elite soldiers, similarly equipped. The Dwarrowmere should have siege engines, good provisions, and a defensible position from which to fight.)

Were these the only orders needed to be given, or were there any extra ones?

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Next

Return to Current Variant