The Kingdom of Nidavellir

This subforum contains the currently active CYOC Variant

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: Nidavellian Military

Postby Nanook » 05 Mar 2019, 00:05

beadsman wrote:By the way, I just got the go-ahead to switch them from armor slashing swords to armor slashing axes. It's that still okay?

Yeah, that’ll work well!
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: The Kingdom of Nidavellir

Postby beadsman » 18 Mar 2019, 17:43

King Hilfr and the Ruling Council were deep in consideration of the current crises to the east, in Pais del Noreste. Normally, such trivial matters did not concern the council, but this time, Nidavellir actually had a stake in the outcome. In fact, the last time the Ruling Council had met to discuss this particular matter was 124 years ago. They came to a decision then, and it had forever changed the Kingdom, revealing its existence to the world.

An older Dökkálfar stood up. "On behalf of the Dökkálfar and the proud city of Dökkar, I say we should... intervene. I am well aware of you dwarves and your disinterest in the outside world. Nevertheless, we need this, and we need it very badly. I personally do not wish to see my taxes used to pay-" here he spat on the ground "outsiders - to give us food. This must end. If you cannot feed us, I am sure there are those who could."

A young dwarf piped up. "I ken what ye may be thinking, but I do not support it. I personally believe that we should talk to our neighbors, the ones that be newen i'the mountains. Is it not possible that they might help us in exchange for protection?"

At this moment, the king stood. " I will not condone the use of violense, especialy in this trying time. I will send an expedicion to the surface to speke with these orces. Perhaps we can cum to an agreement of sum kind."
Silver member of the Classicists

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” - William Blake

Imperator of the Cyon Imperium in CYOC
beadsman

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1594)
All-game rating: (1605)

Postby beadsman » 18 Mar 2019, 17:46

(FYI, I am trying to spell the dwarven tongue in a way similar to Old English, and it is meant to be read with that pronunciation.)

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley

beadsman

Postby beadsman » 19 Mar 2019, 15:55

My mistake, I said Old English earlier, but I meant Middle English.

beadsman

Postby beadsman » 19 Mar 2019, 16:26

Two slender figures walked out of the council room. "I can sense you don't like the King's decision, my lord. What is troubling you?"

"I think we could become much more powerful on the world stage, Argonel. These dwarves - they are too obsessed with their caves and their handiwork. Their work is indeed fine, but their ambition is so small!"

Councilman Argonel slowly nodded his head. "I do agree with you that the dwarves are too small-minded. However, I do not know what you would suggest?"

Lord Malchior smiled. "The dwarves, in their hunger to create new artifacts, have unwittingly created the tools of their own destruction. We can ensure that this great kingdom is run the right way."

beadsman

Postby beadsman » 19 Mar 2019, 19:54

Assassination in Kvarlheim!

King Hilfr has been found dead on his throne. The assassin(s?) disappeared before the guards could find them, and the murder weapon was also never found. Some suspect that the weapon had to be of Nidevelliri origin, as the chamber had been extraordinarily well-guarded. Investigations are currently under way, but there are few who would have had a motive to kill the monarch. The rest of the king's household, the House of Sindri, has disappeared. They were apparently taken one by one. As a result, there is no heir apparent.

With no apparent heir, the burden of government falls to the Ruling Council.

beadsman

Postby sjg11 » 19 Mar 2019, 20:08

I sense an Event coming...
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Nanook » 21 May 2019, 12:10

thomasjoe wrote:I need some of the weapons which I saw on swords kingdom. Anyone can tell me the features of Aragorn strider ranger sword? Before buying i want to get information about the swords.
[URL Redacted]

Deleted due to being an advertisement/spam.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Previous

Return to Current Variant