FCYOC Event #2: Assassination

This subforum contains the currently active CYOC Variant

Moderators: mat.gopack, Zander, chrisman39

Re: FCYOC Event #2: Assassination

Postby Furycane » 20 Mar 2019, 02:04

mat.gopack wrote:
Furycane wrote:Another option would be to resolve the Tarachi Civil War in my favor so I can execute Telleo, then make him do it.

Do you even need help with that though? :p

I mean technically he is a prisoner of mine, so I could execute him at any time. But also that seems... cheap. I will win by destroying him in the field, then execute him.
Queen of Meiltara in the Fantasy CYOC!

UFO Fever wrote:Furycane is Exhibit A of why the 3 quote limit is a thing.

Zoomzip wrote:I kinda thought it was an impressive tour de force of snarky bardism.
Furycane

Postby mat.gopack » 20 Mar 2019, 16:47

Furycane wrote:
mat.gopack wrote:
Furycane wrote:Another option would be to resolve the Tarachi Civil War in my favor so I can execute Telleo, then make him do it.

Do you even need help with that though? :p

I mean technically he is a prisoner of mine, so I could execute him at any time. But also that seems... cheap. I will win by destroying him in the field, then execute him.

For some reason I thought his character had escaped. But I guess if you did execute him, a convenient relative also named Telleo would somehow emerge from elsewhere ;)
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 20 Mar 2019, 19:17

A Leader has been found for the Chaos Guild.

This is how this event will work from here. The world has something known as a Chaos Level. This can be increased if the Leader of the Chaos Guild influences events in a way which allows events such as war, raiding, assassinations, civil wars etc to develop. Note that the Leader has to influence this in some way, if two nations declare war or an assassination happens which is completely unconnected to this event then the Chaos Level remains the same. The Leader declaring war or someone declaring war on the Leader will not automatically increase the Chaos Level. When the world's Chaos Level reaches 10 then the demon Makethleth rises and this event will move on accordingly. If the Leader is discovered before that happens then the game will pause and the remaining nations will have the opportunity to declare war on the Leader. This will end the event and will begin another event about that war and will prevent Makethleth from rising.

The Leader has access to an international network of spies and Chaos Magic (a form of blood magic which involves sacrificing one person to strengthen another person in some way).

The world's Chaos Level is currently 0. I will not be explaining any changes in this number because to do so would give things away. Y'all will just have to figure it out for yourselves.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Subotai45 » 20 Mar 2019, 20:18

Are we, as characters, aware of these rules? That is, does the Society know it is a Bad Idea to listen if some shady guy tells us to do civil war because the demon will come?
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127
Timezone: GMT-9

Postby sjg11 » 20 Mar 2019, 20:53

Subotai45 wrote:Are we, as characters, aware of these rules? That is, does the Society know it is a Bad Idea to listen if some shady guy tells us to do civil war because the demon will come?

Hehe, you will be informed if Chaos Agents are operating in your country by PM. From there it's up to you to figure out how to protect yourselves.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Keirador » 21 Mar 2019, 03:38

sjg11 wrote:A Leader has been found for the Chaos Guild.

This is how this event will work from here. The world has something known as a Chaos Level. This can be increased if the Leader of the Chaos Guild influences events in a way which allows events such as war, raiding, assassinations, civil wars etc to develop. Note that the Leader has to influence this in some way, if two nations declare war or an assassination happens which is completely unconnected to this event then the Chaos Level remains the same. The Leader declaring war or someone declaring war on the Leader will not automatically increase the Chaos Level. When the world's Chaos Level reaches 10 then the demon Makethleth rises and this event will move on accordingly. If the Leader is discovered before that happens then the game will pause and the remaining nations will have the opportunity to declare war on the Leader. This will end the event and will begin another event about that war and will prevent Makethleth from rising.

The Leader has access to an international network of spies and Chaos Magic (a form of blood magic which involves sacrificing one person to strengthen another person in some way).

The world's Chaos Level is currently 0. I will not be explaining any changes in this number because to do so would give things away. Y'all will just have to figure it out for yourselves.

So. . . you've turned it into Mafia.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby jpstreetman » 21 Mar 2019, 05:24

Urakan diviners are putting a ton of effort into detecting chaos as in their religion, the people of Urak were the first to defeat an army of primordial chaos and civilize. We are the enemy of chaos.
jpstreetman

Postby Nanook » 31 Mar 2019, 19:38

I’m not really a huge fan of this tbh, but I guess as one of the less active players that’s fine.

I’m going to be annoyed if this somehow forces me into going to war or gives me civil unrest I don’t want though, that kinda flies in the face of what I joined up for.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Previous

Return to Current Variant