PBF Orders and Deadlines

All the rules and rule-related threads.

PBF Orders and Deadlines

Postby rick.leeds » 05 Aug 2014, 11:12

The first thing to say is that I have tried to shorten the deadlines as much as possible but that this game is difficult to limit the deadlines.

I will be offering extensions where they are needed but will also record NMRs and find replacements when I think a game is not going to progress with a player who appears to have gone missing from the game.

ORDER PHASE 1
DEADLINE = 1 day
GM action
- Will forward details of Event draw.
- Request orders as below.

PLAYER action
- Sends orders for Event draw (if necessary - GM will prompt).
- Sends Movement Orders.
- Sends Combat Orders.
- (If possible, GM will prompt, and wanted) Sends Parliament Orders.
- (If possible, GM will prompt, and wanted) Sends Coronation Orders.

Possible Movement Orders.
- Noble Basic: [Noble name] MOVES FROM [space] TO [space]
- Space with a location into which player wishes to enter: [Noble name] MOVES FROM [space] TO [location name] IN [space] (See Extra-deadline Orders below.)
- Ship Basic: [Ship name] MOVES FROM [space/port name] TO [space]
- Ship able to move into a port: [Ship name] MOVES FROM [space/port] TO [port name] IN [space] (See Extra-deadline Orders below.)
- Noble able to move on board ship: [Noble name] EMBARK ON [ship name] (This cannot happen if the noble has moved into the port that turn.) (Ship's ENTERING a port MUST disembark nobles.)

Possible Post-movement Orders.
- If nobles wish to capture Royal Heirs in the space they end their turn in: [Noble name] CAPTURES [Royal Heir name]
- If nobles from the same Faction or Alliance wish to form an army: [Noble names] FORM ARMY IN [space/location]
- If ships from the same Faction or Alliance wish to form a fleet: [Ship names] FORM FLEET IN [space/location]

Possible Combat Orders.
Battle: [Noble name/Army] BATTLE [Faction name] IN [space]
Siege: [Noble name/Army] BESIEGE [location] (See Extra-deadline Orders below.)
Ambush: [Noble name/Army] AMBUSH [Faction name] IN [space] (See Extra-deadline Orders below.)
Town Fighting: [Noble name/Army] ATTACK [Faction name] IN [location]
Sea Battle: [Ship name/Fleet] BATTLE [Ship name/Faction name (if a Fleet)] IN [space] (See Extra-deadline Orders below.)
Blockade: [Ship name/Fleet] BLOCKADE [port]

Possible Parliament Orders.
If a Faction may be able to call Parliament in his turn, the GM will inform the player of this potential.
Calling Parliament: SUMMON PARLIAMENT TO [location] IN [space]
Sending Writ of Summons: SUMMON [noble name] TO PARLIAMENT

Possible Coronation Orders.
If a Faction may be able to Crown a Royal Heir in his turn, the GM will inform the player of this potential.
Coronation: CROWN [Royal Heir name] IN [location].

(a) IF ORDERS ARE NOT RECEIVED BY DEADLINE THE GM WILL TAKE IT AS THE FACTION HOLDING, UNLESS AN EXTENSION HAS BEEN REQUESTED.
(b) EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED WHEN:
1. Players will be absent from the game for a specific period.
2. Players require a rules question answered.
THE GM WILL ONLY GRANT EXTENSIONS FOR (2) ABOVE IF HE IS UNABLE TO ANSWER A RULES QUESTION IN SUFFICIENT TIME FOR A PLAYER TO ENTER FULL ORDERS.
(c) EXTRA-DEADLINE ORDERS DO NOT COUNT AS AN NMR IF NOT SENT.
(d) IF A PLAYER ENTERS A CONSECUTIVE NMR THE GM WILL EXTEND THE DEADLINE BY ONE DAY IN ORDER TO ATTEMPT TO FIND OUT IF THE PLAYER IS STILL INTERESTED.
(e) THE GM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE PLAYERS FROM THE GAME FOR:
1. Consecutive NMRs.
2. Regular NMRs, at the GM's discretion.
(f) IF A PLAYER IS REMOVED OR RETIRES FROM THE GAME, THE FACTION WILL HOLD. THE GM WILL ATTEMPT TO FIND A REPLACEMENT.

Extra-deadline Orders
The following will result from the orders given by a player in his turn.

Permission to pass through/enter/leave an UNFRIENDLY Location. 1 DAY.
If a player wishes to pass through, enter or leave a city, town or castle controlled by another, non-Allied Faction, the other Faction must provide permission.
GM action
- PM the controlling Faction requesting permission.
PLAYER action
- Order PERMISSION TO ENTER [location] GRANTED/DENIED.
NB: These orders are the only order that can be Conditional. A player, in his turn, who orders this is free to order a conditional order to BESIEGE the location if permission is not granted.
IF A PLAYER DOES NOT REPLY BY THE DEADLINE THE GM WILL TAKE IT AS PERMISSION GRANTED.

Ambush and Pursuit. 1 DAY.
If a player, in his turn, orders an AMBUSH, after the result of the Ambush is determined, the ambushed Faction may choose to order a PURSUIT.
GM action
- PM the Ambushed Faction requesting possible Pursuit orders.
PLAYER action
- Orders [Noble/Army] PURSUE/DO NOT PURSUE [Faction]
NB: Ordering a PURSUIT means the Noble or Army so ordered gives up its Movement and Combat orders in it's own turn.
IF A PLAYER DOES NOT REPLY BY THE DEADLINE THE GM WILL TAKE IT AS NO PURSUIT ORDERED.

Sea Battle. 1 DAY.
If a Faction is attacked in a Sea Battle, should that player have ships in the space that are NOT part of the attacked fleet, the other ships may participate in the defence. Similarly, any Allied ships may also participate.
GM action
- PM the attacked Faction and Allied Faction and request orders for other ships.
PLAYER action
- Orders (for all possible ships of OWN Faction) [ship name] ENGAGES/DOES NOT ENGAGE FLEET OF [attacking Faction name]
IF A PLAYER DOES NOT REPLY BY THE DEADLINE THE GM WILL TAKE IT AS DOES NOT ENGAGE.

Captured Ships 1 DAY.
A player may choose to scuttle any captured ships.
GM action
- PM will be sent to victorious player.
- Orders [ship name] SCUTTLED.

All Extra-deadline Orders listed above will be given the same day as a deadline. Once this deadline has passed the GM will process all orders.
EXTRA-DEADLINE ORDERS DO NOT ALLOW A PLAYER TO CHANGE ORDERS SUBMITTED.

ORDER PHASE 2
DEADLINE = 1 DAY
GM action
- Update the Play Thread.
- Send out request for any Post-Combat orders.
- Send details of Crown Draw requesting action.

PLAYER action
- Issue Post-Combat Orders:
Captured Nobles: allocate Crown Item Ships and Mercenaries to any participating Nobles.
Execution/Ransom of Captured Nobles/Royal Heirs: See Captured and Ransom below.
Captured at Sea: allocate Crown Item Ships to any participating Nobles or the Noble(s) which controls the victorious Ship(s) and/or Scuttle any Ships.

- Sends details of wishes for the Crown Draw.
IF NO DETAILS ARE RECEIVED BY THE DEADLINE THE GM WILL TAKE IT AS THE CROWN DRAW BEING PLACED IN RESERVE.

GM action
- Update the Play Thread.
- Move on to next player's turn.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)
Timezone: GMT

Re: PBF Orders and Deadlines - PARLIAMENT

Postby rick.leeds » 05 Aug 2014, 11:43

If a player, in his turn, Summons Parliament, this will delay the rest of the turn until Parliament has ended.

PARLIAMENT DEADLINE 1 = 1 DAY
GM action
If the Noble summoned to Parliament can do so, the GM will PM the Faction asking whether the player wishes to use a Writ as a Parliamentary Commission.

PLAYER action
Player issues a Writ of Summons on another noble in the place of his own noble.
NB: If this is ordered, the second summoned noble may not use a Writ as a Parliamentary Commission.
NO RESPONSE = ANSWERS SUMMONS.

PARLIAMENT DEADLINE 1a = 1 DAY
GM action
- Informs players of the Summoning of Parliament by PM.
- Requests details of nobles attending Parliament.

PLAYER action
- Orders ATTENDING PARLIAMENT ARE [nobles names]
NO RESPONSE = NONE ATTENDING.

PARLIAMENT DEADLINE 1b = 1 DAY
GM action
If nobles have been sent to Parliament when they could not normally do so, but could attend if a ship controlled by another Faction is in an adjacent sea space, the GM will ask permission to use that ship.

PLAYER action
Orders [ship name] WILL TRANSPORT [nobles names (for each noble he wishes to use, in order or preference)].
Ships are still only allowed to transport nobles up to the capacity of the ship. Any nobles who cannot find transport due to the size of their retinue will not be allowed to attend.
NO RESPONSE = PERMISSION GRANTED (GM will transport as many nobles as possible if ships would be overladen).

Where possible, all parts of DEADLINE 1 will be sent at the same time.

PARLIAMENT DEADLINE 2 = 1 DAY
GM action
- Will update the Parliament thread with details of which Nobles are present and the votes of each Faction.
- Will PM the Player responsible for nominating rewards to ascertain which nobles may receive the rewards.

PLAYER action
- Orders [noble name] AWARDED [award title]

GM action
- Will update the Parliament thread with the details of the nominations.
NO RESPONSE = NO NOMINATION.

PARLIAMENT DEADLINE 3 = 1 DAY PER AWARD CATEGORY
GM action
- PMs players with details of which awards are to be voted on.
- Requests whether the award will be accepted if voted.

PLAYER action
- Casts votes in the Parliament thread for each award.
- For each noble that has been nominated in his Faction, players say whether the award will be accepted or not.

GM action
- Calculates votes for awards that will be accepted.
- Publishes results.
- Begins process again for next category.
NO RESPONSE = ABSTENTION. VOTES FOR THIS FACTION ARE NOT COUNTED TOWARDS A MAJORITY.
NO RESPONSE = AWARD WILL BE ACCEPTED.

This process is repeated for each successive player that may nominate awards.

PARLIAMENT DEADLINE 4 = 1 DAY
GM action
- Notifies players on nomination for Recognised KIng.
- Requests votes for or against.

PLAYER action
- Votes for or against in Parliament thread.

GM action
- Publishes results of votes.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds

Re: PBF Orders and Deadlines: Capture and Ransom

Postby rick.leeds » 05 Aug 2014, 12:12

DEADLINE 1 = UNTIL OWNING PLAYER'S NEXT TURN OR 2 DAYS, WHICHEVER IS LONGER; initial response from Victorious Faction = 1 DAY.
GM Action
- Requests action from Faction who captured nobles.
- Requests whether Faction nobles belonged to wish to offer ransom.

PLAYER action
- Player orders [noble name] EXECUTED or OFFERED FOR RANSOM.
- Player orders [noble name] RANSOM OFFERED or NO RANSOM OFFERED.
NB1: Players may begin negotiations when when the result of Combat is known, without waiting for GM notification.
NB2: If, at any time, the Faction that captured the nobles orders an Execution, that order is followed immediately. The GM will inform the owning Faction.

- Capturing Faction orders [noble name] RANSOMED FOR [ransom price]
- Owning Faction orders RANSOM OF [ransom price] PAID FOR [noble name]

GM action
- Checks for same ransom being paid and accepted.
- Updates Ransom thread.

ROYAL HEIR DEADLINE 1 = 1 DAY
GM action
If a Faction captures a Royal Heir, requests orders pertaining to that heir.

PLAYER action
Orders EXECUTE/CHAMPION [Royal Heir name] (Champion means adopting the Heir as the Faction's nominee for King AT THAT TIME).

GM action
Updates Play thread.

ROYAL HEIR DEADLINE 2 = GRACE PERIOD IN GAME RULES
This deadline is when a Royal Heir from one House is captured by a Faction that already controls a Royal Heir of the other House.

GM action
If a Faction captures a Royal Heir, requests orders pertaining to that heir.

PLAYER action
Orders RETAIN BOTH HEIRS or EXECUTE [Royal Heir name].
NB: This order can be sent to the GM at any time.

GM action
- Updates Play thread if a decision is sent.
- Reminds player of deadline and requests an order when grace period is over.
World Diplomacy Forum.
rick.leeds

Re: PBF Orders and Deadlines: Alliance

Postby rick.leeds » 05 Aug 2014, 12:25

PLAYER action
At any time, players may PM the GM to set an alliance up. The alliance will not be actioned before and until the prospective allies have all sent a PM.

GM action
Whether an alliance is confirmed or not before a Faction's turn, the GM will inform the Player of this.

PLAYER action
- During an alliance, players may order any units of an allied power if they are part of the same Army or if they occupy the same space as the units of an allied Faction. This will remove that unit's orders for that round.
- An alliance can be broken at the start of a player's turn, along with his other orders.
World Diplomacy Forum.
rick.leeds

Sending Orders

Postby rick.leeds » 05 Aug 2014, 12:42

When sending orders, please respond using the requested layout. To begin with, I will remind you of that layout.

PMs sent to you will include:
- the prefix "KM"
- the game name (in it's own sub-forum)
- the game year (= round)
- the subject of the PM
eg. "KM, St Albans I, 1455: Orders"; "KM St Albans I, 1462: Parliament Summoned"
Please always reply to the PM rather than creating your own.

If PMing me with orders which are outside your turn, eg ransom or alliance, please use the following format:
- the prefix "KM"
- the game name (in it's own sub-forum)
- the subject of the PM
eg. "KM, St Albans I, 1470: Ransom of Nobles"

When requesting orders, I will tell you which nobles or ships may be given orders, as well as info relating to Parliament, Coronations, etc.

Finally, as far as deadlines go, I will set a deadline as 24 hours after the time I send the PM. This deadline may be extended if I get onto the Forum later than that but NEVER beyond the 12 midnight of the date given on FORUM TIME AS I SEE IT.
eg. If I send a PM at 4.16pm on Sunday, the minimum deadline will be until 4.16pm on Monday and the maximum deadline will be until 12 midnight.

Any orders sent after the deadline has passed will, therefore, be accepted if I haven't opened the PM.

This also means you can change orders right up to the deadline. However, if you send intend to send Provisional orders, they MUST be marked as Provisional. I will never action any Provisional orders until the end of the minimum deadline.
If you send orders which aren't marked Provisional I will assume that these are final orders, whether you intend them to be, even if they are received before the deadline.
If you send Provisional orders, then wish to change them, YOU MUST SEND A FULL ORDER LIST AGAIN. Basically, I will open the PMs I get from you in the order they are sent but will only take the last set of orders sent through; if this is a partial set of orders, I will only use the orders in that list. So copy and paste! ;) (I may be more forgiving in the first round or two).
World Diplomacy Forum.
rick.leeds

Return to Rules