PDVT AWARD NOMINATIONS!

TD: sinnybee; Assistant TD: mr bump

Moderator: sinnybee

PDVT AWARD NOMINATIONS!

Postby sinnybee » 17 Oct 2014, 09:43

All 22 Phase 1 games are over. All 8 Phase 2 games are over. The Phase 3 / Final Board game will not begin until December 10th.
It's been a great run!

This post is not yet finished. However, I'd like to start getting feedback. Please post here (or PM me) with ideas for awards that can be voted on (that can have about 4-10 people voted for) and/or with players to nominate for certain awards.

Now is the time for you to suggest

We will have an award poll for best written PDVT AAR post (and maybe more than one AAR award poll)
We will have at least one award poll for those who took a solo. For example, I'll probably do something like:
Which solo was most deserved?
A) Thorntonian Empire's A10 SOLO WIN with Britain 21 & Egypt 2
B) Thorntonian Empire's B5 SOLO WIN with Italy 19 & Rumania 3
C) Thorntonian Empire's C2 SOLO WIN with Germany 21 & Egypt 3
D) Major B's D4 SOLO WIN with Poland 17 & Egypt 7
E) charliep007's B8 SOLO WIN with USSR 19 & Egypt 4
F) Mozzarella's B6 SOLO WIN with France 21 & Greece 1
G) JonS' (sisyphus216) B4 SOLO WIN with USSR 21 & Sweden 1
H) Thumpington's B3 SOLO WIN with USSR 21 & Greece 1

There's another solo... I'll stick it in later.

We will have some sort of a 2-way draw award.
We will have a few awards for those who took a 3-way draw. Maybe a best head-general award and a best rally organizer award.

We will have a Phase 1 honorable mention award, for a player ho didn't quite make it to Phase , but ho gave the tournament a great shot.

And more!

You can nominate yourself for stuff--just nominate others for more stuff!
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: PDVT AWARD NOMINATIONS!

Postby charliep007 » 17 Oct 2014, 10:38

How about an award for most solo's?

We can dish that one out now ;)
charliep007

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (2340)
All-game rating: (2310)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Buachaille » 17 Oct 2014, 11:18

Is there not a strong chance that'll blend seemlessly with the overall winner's award Charlie? ;)
Classicist.
Buachaille
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1580)
All-game rating: (1635)

Postby charliep007 » 17 Oct 2014, 11:43

Buachaille wrote:Is there not a strong chance that'll blend seemlessly with the overall winner's award Charlie? ;)

there is a good chance of that being the case. But not if I've got anything to do with it... and hang on, actually - I do have something to do with it ;-)

TE is an awesome player and for me its going to be one of the highlights coming up against the great man. I mean getting a solo with Germany in Versailles?! that is like a solo with Italy in the classic version. So massive respect from me.

Bauchaille I nominate you for the award of nicest guy in the competition.
charliep007

Postby Buachaille » 17 Oct 2014, 12:03

Hehe, there are a lot of nominees for that, some have even managed to combine niceness and reaching the final ;) Thanks again must go to Sinny for the herculean task of pulling this all together, I have and I'm sure we all have met lots of good folk.
Last edited by Buachaille on 17 Oct 2014, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
Classicist.
Buachaille
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1580)
All-game rating: (1635)

Postby Major B » 17 Oct 2014, 15:24

Buachaille wrote:Hehe, there are a lot of nominees for that, some have even managed to combine niceness and reaching the final ;) Thanks again most go to Sinny for the herculean task of pulling this all together, I have and I'm sure we all have met lots of good folk.

Spot on Buachaille. Sinny is the most deserving of an award of anyone involved in the tournament.
Silver member of The Classicists.
Major B

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1075)
All-game rating: (1240)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby charliep007 » 17 Oct 2014, 15:27

Major B wrote:
Spot on Buachaille. Sinny is the most deserving of an award of anyone involved in the tournament.

interpret as 'Sinny please don't draw me with a really tough country for the final'

:lol: :lol: :lol:
charliep007

Postby Alman » 17 Oct 2014, 16:09

I second the nomination of Buachaille for nicest guy/messager. It was a pleasure.

Nominate Major B for Best Rally Leader after he, with the knife still protruding from his ribs, pulled together a 1 center Turkey and a weak Italy against a 21 center England and led us to a 3-way win. [Inigo Montoya Award "you kill my family, prepare to die"]
[Ancillary nomination of Salty for Horseshoes & Handgrenades Award (i'm sorry Salty, is it too soon to joke yet?) :? ]

Actually, would honestly nominate SaltySailor for best AAR for this gem: viewtopic.php?f=670&t=46707#p792206 [Laughing in the Face of Death Award]

Nominate JonathanSwaim for come from behind award (same game/situation) for going from a 1 non-homecenter position to sharing a 3-way draw. [Little Engine that Could Award]

Nominate AlmanMEin for the "Fools & Children" Award for most incompetent player to somehow survive both rounds.
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
Turkey in "Blitzkrieg" PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1466)
All-game rating: (1586)

Postby JonathanSwaim » 17 Oct 2014, 16:50

I nominate spudboy for "Most Impressive Minor" for having an eight center Rumania in game D3. All the more so since he was France and was eliminated in the West. Surrenders schmurrenders, it's still the largest minor power at the end of any game in the tournament as best I can see.

I nominate YoYoDine for "The Tortoise" for being in games A6 and C3, the last games to finish in the first two phases of the tournament. I also nominate JonS for "The Hare" for being in games A3 and D4, the first games to finish in each of the two phases. These players apparently have some sort of play style that leads to faster or slower games, even though all of those were 2/1/1.

If someone wants to find the "Good Sport" aka the player with the most centers to accept a draw that didn't include them, that would be a good award.
Apparently I'm a Classicist. Huh. That's fun I guess.
Prussia in Napoleonic: Empires and Coalitions -- Golly that was a long time ago.
JonathanSwaim
Premium Member

Standard rating: (976)
All-game rating: (1150)

Postby charliep007 » 17 Oct 2014, 17:12

JonathanSwaim wrote:I nominate spudboy for "Most Impressive Minor" for having an eight center Rumania in game D3. All the more so since he was France and was eliminated in the West. Surrenders schmurrenders, it's still the largest minor power at the end of any game in the tournament

Second that! !!! Great performance bythe spud
charliep007

Next

Return to PlayDip Versailles Tournament