PD Versailles Tournament Has Started! Game Information

TD: sinnybee; Assistant TD: mr bump

Moderator: sinnybee

Re: PD Versailles Tournament Has Started! Game Information

Postby sinnybee » 29 May 2014, 17:30

Major B wrote:The total number of winners sums out as 37.

Double-checked.

Thanks for sharing the info, Major B.

Results for the 19th and 20th game are about to be added.
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Major B » 30 May 2014, 00:08

sinnybee wrote:Thanks for sharing the info, Major B.

Results for the 19th and 20th game are about to be added.

Thanks for doing all the work to set up and run this tournament Sinnybee!

I'll look over the new data and update my earlier post.
Silver member of The Classicists.
Major B

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1075)
All-game rating: (1240)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sinnybee » 31 May 2014, 04:44

Major B wrote:Germany, Poland, and Turkey all trail with 5 each. So to those who managed a phase I win with one of these countries, congratulations.

Sorry to sort-of disagree with you, but congratulations to everyone who secured a solo or a two-way or three-way draw in Phase 1 (those with a four-way draw and nothing else do not have a high enough score to reach Phase 2).
I don't think it can be accurately implied that it's harder to win with "Germany, Poland, and Turkey", especially as the 3 major powers currently have an average of just over 7 supply centers (each, per game) in the two remaining Phase 1 games, being 43 supply centers total between them, not including the minor power supply centers controlled by the players.

Major B wrote:Thanks for doing all the work to set up and run this tournament Sinnybee!

You're welcome :).
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Major B » 02 Jun 2014, 21:56

sinnybee wrote:Sorry to sort-of disagree with you, but congratulations to everyone who secured a solo or a two-way or three-way draw in Phase 1 (those with a four-way draw and nothing else do not have a high enough score to reach Phase 2).

Nothing to be sorry for. I sort of agree with you but I can't congratulate everyone when I'm one of the everyone.

sinnybee wrote:I don't think it can be accurately implied that it's harder to win with "Germany, Poland, and Turkey", especially as the 3 major powers currently have an average of just over 7 supply centers (each, per game) in the two remaining Phase 1 games, being 43 supply centers total between them, not including the minor power supply centers controlled by the players.

True. the sample size is too small and too restricted to draw any credible conclusions. There was some discussion in one of my AARs about the relative advantages of different major powers and that is why I looked through the game results - to see if there were potential trends worth reporting. Before I included those last two games I thought there might be since Poland in particular lagged far behind the rest with only three wins. Germany had four and Turkey had five. But Poland was a winner in both of the last two and Germany won in one of them, so the last three all evened out to five.
Silver member of The Classicists.
Major B

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1075)
All-game rating: (1240)
Timezone: GMT-5

Previous

Return to PlayDip Versailles Tournament