PlayDiplomacy approach to game rules

How does the site implement the rules of Diplomacy? Which rules does it follow? Has it changed any?

Re: PlayDiplomacy approach to game rules

Postby rick.leeds » 15 Apr 2015, 13:32

TWC, this is covered under Via Convoy, Autodisband and Paradox Resolution rules - just looked it up myself for the FAQs ;)

You're correct - distance from a home SC (furthest), fleets before armies, alphabetical order (earliest to latest or first to last).

And, yes, one move per sea space as if there were a fleet that could convoy the army.

I think that, rather than expanding (8) in the post (as the post shows how we have approached an ambiguous/silent aspect to the disbandment rules for a CD power and that the tie-break rules are specifically laid out in the rules) it would be best to link to the other thread. Maybe a bit 'picky' but consistent ;)
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Jegpeg » 20 Jan 2018, 17:10

Another deviation from the written rules is that the rules do not give a minimum time before a draw can be agreed, where this site does not allow draws until the end of the fifth year (I think?)

Probably worth adding to the list I was looking here to confirm when draws can first be posted.
Jegpeg

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1125)
All-game rating: (1401)
Timezone: GMT

Postby WHSeward » 20 Jan 2018, 18:01

The site "temporarily" removed the draw restriction... I don't know, it was a long time ago. It is passed time we recognized it was a permanent change.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1633)
All-game rating: (1647)
Timezone: GMT-8

Previous

Return to Playdip's Approach to Rules Implementation