Social Thread

Mafia is a forum game of strategy, deduction, persuasion, clever traps, nerve and deception. Every game is unique and playing it with those who play diplomacy as well makes it all the more challenging and interesting. We have a unique mafia community on the site and we're always looking for fresh blood.

Moderators: bkbkbk, Telleo, condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip

Re: Social Thread

Postby shadowface » 30 Jun 2019, 10:49

sjg11 wrote:As a future lawyer it is my considered opinion that Telleo has successfully earned use of the gif from shadowface using Normal Internet Rules. Sorry shadow.

:x
I'm going to become a lawyer just so I can fight you on this.
The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

sjg11 wrote:You seem almost intelligent
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 4408
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Vancouver
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Social Thread

Postby sjg11 » 30 Jun 2019, 17:27

shadowface wrote:
sjg11 wrote:As a future lawyer it is my considered opinion that Telleo has successfully earned use of the gif from shadowface using Normal Internet Rules. Sorry shadow.

:x
I'm going to become a lawyer just so I can fight you on this.

Bring it. :evil: :evil: :evil:
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 16949
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Social Thread

Postby Telleo » 30 Jun 2019, 23:24

Y'know how happy I'll be if, some number of years down the line, SF returns to this thread, posts a picture of her newly-earned law degree, and calls out me and Sjg over a meme acquisition?


Like. SO happy.
A pretty young girl who's not dumb
But started to feel somewhat glum,
Did leave for a time,
Now comes back to rhyme,
And also to kill her some scum.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Bearer of the The Holy Whoopee Cushion of Memetic Sarcasm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 4575
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Social Thread

Postby sjg11 » 01 Jul 2019, 21:13

Telleo wrote:Y'know how happy I'll be if, some number of years down the line, SF returns to this thread, posts a picture of her newly-earned law degree, and calls out me and Sjg over a meme acquisition?


Like. SO happy.

She'll be calling you out, I don't give a shit if you win or lose Telleo just as long as I get paid. ;)
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 16949
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Social Thread

Postby Telleo » 01 Jul 2019, 23:16

sjg11 wrote:
Telleo wrote:Y'know how happy I'll be if, some number of years down the line, SF returns to this thread, posts a picture of her newly-earned law degree, and calls out me and Sjg over a meme acquisition?


Like. SO happy.

She'll be calling you out, I don't give a shit if you win or lose Telleo just as long as I get paid. ;)


Right right, of course. What's your policy on being paid in monopoly money? I've got lots of that.
A pretty young girl who's not dumb
But started to feel somewhat glum,
Did leave for a time,
Now comes back to rhyme,
And also to kill her some scum.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Bearer of the The Holy Whoopee Cushion of Memetic Sarcasm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 4575
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Social Thread

Postby sjg11 » 02 Jul 2019, 02:50

Telleo wrote:
sjg11 wrote:
Telleo wrote:Y'know how happy I'll be if, some number of years down the line, SF returns to this thread, posts a picture of her newly-earned law degree, and calls out me and Sjg over a meme acquisition?


Like. SO happy.

She'll be calling you out, I don't give a shit if you win or lose Telleo just as long as I get paid. ;)


Right right, of course. What's your policy on being paid in monopoly money? I've got lots of that.

Unless it happens to be Christmas Day and I'm playing my yearly game of sjg-family Monopoly I do not accept monopoly money. If it is Christmas Day and sjg-competitiveness levels are at full blast then monopoly money may be somewhat acceptable.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 16949
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Social Thread

Postby Telleo » 04 Jul 2019, 23:05

Image
A pretty young girl who's not dumb
But started to feel somewhat glum,
Did leave for a time,
Now comes back to rhyme,
And also to kill her some scum.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Bearer of the The Holy Whoopee Cushion of Memetic Sarcasm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 4575
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Social Thread

Postby sjg11 » 05 Jul 2019, 00:51

Telleo wrote:Image

Trust me Telleo, I'm a guy who supports Arsenal and England. I'm used to losing. That one barely registered. I've sadly never formed the bond with the England women's team that I have with the men. Which sucks because the reason is that, unlike in the US where the women's and men's team are supported on a fair more even basis, there's a lifetime of history behind supporting the men's team that just isn't there with the women's team. I hate it because the reason for that is that, in the early 20th Century, women's football was banned by the fusty misogynistic old English FA cos it was run by a bunch of misogynistic old men. Obviously this meant that the women's game missed the period when the men's game became a social institution whereas in the US the men's and women's game grew together at a far more even rate, or at least until men's club football became more popular in the US in last 10-15 years or so.

Point is that when young sjg formed a strong emotional bond to Arsenal and England it was the men's teams he was exposed to so it was the men's teams that he developed that bond with. I still remember 8 year old sjg crying himself to sleep when we lost our Euro 2004 quarter-final to Portugal and manly tears were shed after the Croatia defeat last year. But young sjg just didn't form the same emotional bond to the Lionesses. Which sucks because it's rooted in a lack of exposure which is deeply misogynistic. But the type of emotional bond sjg has with the Three Lions just isn't there with the Lionesses.

Basically the women's game needs more funding and exposure so that younger fans form the type of emotional bond to the game which my generation of fans missed out on. This would, hopefully, correct the balance which was skewed by a group of misogynists 100 years ago. And mean that sjg can feel less dirty about being influenced by societal misogyny when he was a kid.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 16949
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Social Thread

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 05 Jul 2019, 01:10

Women’s team might be more popular/well known in the us than the men’s team.

And very underpaid despite their dominance.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
User avatar
nanooktheeskimo
Premium Member
 
Posts: 9486
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: East TN
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1389)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Social Thread

Postby Fatmo » 05 Jul 2019, 01:20

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Women’s team might be more popular/well known in the us than the men’s team.

And very underpaid despite their dominance.


Yea, women's soccer/football is probably more popular in the US than the men's national team, since the women have been better for like 15 years.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.
User avatar
Fatmo
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1822
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 21:28
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests